• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow / Darkness User categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Should these both just be merged into Darkness Users?

I have the tool for category renaming so I could do it

Or on second thought, this is not treated as quite the same thing within fiction. Controlling a shadow is not identical to controlling pure darkness. Perhaps it would be best to keep them separate.

I'm pretty sure the categories are used interchangeably, maybe not in all cases, but definitely in a lot.

Well, for example Gekko Moriah definitely controls shadows, but not darkness.

I mean, yeah, but

• The different categories only cause confusion.
  • Gekko Moriah has both categories.
  • People use them interchangeably.
  • Shadow manipulation is only a type of darkness manipulation.

I suppose. Although it would have been preferable if people made a distinction between the two.

I suggest to keep them separate, they might be similar might shadow users are still unique. Shikamaru, Shunsui don't use other kind of Darkness manipulations, nothing like Ichibei or Yhwach. There are very few pure shadow users which make them distinct, I request we keep it

I agree. Even if people do not assign the categories properly, this does not mean that the distinction itself is irrelevant.

I think they should be kept separate as well. I know a decent number of characters who manipulate shadows, not darkness itself. I think making a "Shadow Manipulation" page would help differentiate the two.

That seems like a good idea to me, though we'd have to go through the Shadow user category to take out those who aren't applicable.

If you have the time and energy, feel free to do so. However, I am afraid that I am overwhelmed enough by work as it is.

I'll find the time to go through it at one point today.

Yes. No problem. Thank you very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back