• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Serious problems with Maou Gakuin verse (Not a Downgrade or Upgrade CRT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MFW my reading comprehension fails me when reading FTL and I'm stuck wondering for a few minutes why people are arguing over "faster than light" and how it'll be used when translating the light novel

I know MGK supporters have a tendency to act like all of VSBW is against them
Not a MGK supporter myself but from what I've seen considering the amount of trash talk directed at MGK over the reputation it's garnered it is kinda understandable why they may have this view.

I mean for god's sake there was a thread literally called "Anus Volitoad"

MFW my reading comprehension fails me when reading FTL and I'm stuck wondering for a few minutes why people are arguing over "faster than light" and how it'll be used when translating the light novel

Not a MGK supporter myself but from what I've seen considering the amount of trash talk directed at MGK over the reputation it's garnered it is kinda understandable why they may have this view.

I mean for god's sake there was a thread literally called "Anus Volitoad"
by the way, which of the 3 suggestions do you think is better? I'm going to start counting the votes

Just to clarify, the WN will be completely disregarded, right?

Not that when the Raws in the LN say "Universe" while the WN says "Multiverse" or "planet" there'll now be new discussions to use the WN

by the way, which of the 3 suggestions do you think is better? I'm going to start counting the votes
I'd say the first one I suppose. The third one is probably the worst option here since y'know it's literally deleting the verse as a whole until translations arrive and I feel like for the second suggestion, if you're going to be pulling feats from later volumes through fan translation to support feats in prior volumes, you might as well just use fan translations as a whole.

Though, like I said in my first comment, these translators would have to be identified/known and actually credible. Preferably they could have a forum account so there isn't a sort of middle man type thing where we have to wait for two individuals before we get information and such translators could be talked to directly but that may not be entirely feasible. This is probably common sense but it's better to clarify so that the verse doesn't get deleted like it did previously.

Not that when the Raws in the LN say "Universe" while the WN says "Multiverse" or "planet" there'll now be new discussions to use the WN
If such a case does exist it'd probably be best to have separate profiles for the light novel and web novel since those are two pretty big distinctions overall.

No, these differences are not significant and this is the biggest misconception since none really have read my thread or even read any of these works. You're overlooking the main idea here: Light Novels (LN) have only demonstrated more consistent plot development compared to Web Novels (WN).

The WN serves as the original plot for the MG.
I'd say the first one I suppose. The third one is probably the worst option here since y'know it's literally deleting the verse as a whole until translations arrive and I feel like for the second suggestion, if you're going to be pulling feats from later volumes through fan translation to support feats in prior volumes, you might as well just use fan translations as a whole.
I'm not attempting to persuade you forcefully like others do, but removing the verse essentially means deleting the Anos profile. None of those who oppose the deletion have made any noteworthy contributions to the profile, and the original creator/editor has ceased arguing due to the presence of biasness.
these translators would have to be identified/known and actually credible. Preferably they could have a forum account so there isn't a sort of middle man type thing where we have to wait for two individuals before we get information and such translators could be talked to directly but that may not be entirely feasible. This is probably common sense but it's better to clarify so that the verse doesn't get deleted like it did previously.
The translator we are primarily discussing is widely recognized and distinguished among all others. MG fans rely on his translations. Furthermore, it's important to note that he is not concerned with power scaling, and we have no intention of inviting him to compromise his freedom.

Last edited:
Additionally, while official translations are preferred, fan translations that are of good and very reliable quality will also be accepted. For works that have not been officially translated, the use of original raw texts and associated translations is preferred, but it should be noted that for fully fan translated works like Visual Novels, Web Novels, etc., it may not be practical or feasible for participants to locate raw texts for the entire work and present them alongside the scan. In situations where the reliability of publicly available material is in question, the analysis of re-translations performed by members of the VSBW may be used as a means of evaluation. However, it should be noted that these translations may not necessarily be considered superior to official translations and should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
I would like to pin this guideline in the OP

I counted the votes, if someone is missing tell me which of the 3 options you chose
I'm assuming you bolded my name in the vote because I'm technically staff. Just gonna say that calc mods don't have staff voting rights, only thread mods, admins, and bureaucrats can.

No, these differences are not significant and this is the biggest misconception since none really have read my thread or even read any of these works. You're overlooking the main idea here: Light Novels (LN) have only demonstrated more consistent plot development compared to Web Novels (WN).

The WN serves as the original plot for the MG.
To be crystal clear
It doesn't hurt to clear it up now

In the case of a contradiction between the WN and the LN, which one takes precedence?

All these questions are for the benefits of both supporters and oppositions.

So they don't have to start dealing with validity of source material in every CRT

I am not even in this thread and I get stray bullets, Dread I will appreciate it if you do keep bring up the past I live in your head rent free, that is so hot, I disagreed with deletion of MGK in the past and that is all.
Also I disagree with deletion now, the number 2 is okay as long as it is a wiki translator

MGK is not battle boarding verse & never used Multiverse or whatever bullshit words until now. It's just people making it look like a battle boarding series.

Secondly both has same storyline. Infact LN has Elaborated Explanation. We can still use the WN as Secondary canon. Every other series does that. Why we need to discard that ? There is no need for reject WN especially.

Haahh... like i say in discord long ago, i hard disagree with delete the old profile

Secondly both has same storyline. Infact LN has Elaborated Explanation. We can still use the WN as Secondary canon. Every other series does that. Why we need to discard that ? There is no need for reject WN especially.
No. WN is canon not secondary canon, because there are no contradiction in story, just some little thing that author forget to add in WN so he add that in LN, like root that deeper than soul mind and body, but that not will make any of it have different story line

I'm not sure the difference between the first and second.

In the first one are translations made by fans outside the wiki, and in the second one are translations made by us?

If so, I think I prefer the first one, I realized that the translators don't help much if you don't understand the language, there can still be several errors that go unnoticed.

Not really
Some major verses outrightly discard their secondary canon

Others split the profile

Afaik, only Boruto uses both Primary and Secondary canon together

I only read MGK to like volume 2. Didn't touch the WN at all. So I don't know how contrasting both are.

Not really
Some major verses outrightly discard their secondary canon

Others split the profile

Afaik, only Boruto uses both Primary and Secondary canon together

I only read MGK to like volume 2. Didn't touch the WN at all. So I don't know how contrasting both are.
Because other verses has different Storyline. Plot in MGK is same for both having small differences doesn't need to create a seperate profiles.

Actually, as long as WN and LN have the same plot, no contradictions, and only add a few things that don't really affect the plot, using two sources at once I think it's fine. The problem is the TL, so as long as the TL is reliable, I don't have any objections at all.

MGK is not battle boarding verse & never used Multiverse or whatever bullshit words until now. It's just people making it look like a battle boarding series.

I disagree. WN is not a secondary canon, it is an original canon and plot of series.

I mostly also agree with the fact that I don't trust the J-Novels translation very much, the word concept was erased from existence in the translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back