• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sergio Bonelli Comics Discussion Thread

Geez, just after posting this I read another issue and Zagor gets an excellent Poison Resistance feat, he recovers in half a day from a poison that would take out a man for a week.

Resistance to Electricity?: Questionable. Zagor does endure lightning bolts from Thunderman far better than everyone else, but I'm unsure to what point that's applicable thanks to his durability and stamina rather than any inherent resistance.
Maybe minor resistance to electricity, idk, it should still be good stamina anyway. It applies to durability only if such lightning are shown as able to break things down as if they were physical.

Yeah, that LS feat is kinda nuts, it reminds me of Garou, who did a similar thing.

The rest is good, useful stuff indeed.

Sorry for the long absence my dudes, I've had it rough the last two, three months.

Onto the good stuff! I've practically finished uploading the Record publishing line of Zagor issues, and hooo boy, it has incredible, incredible feats. I'll need to translate it extensively and study it a lot before affirming everything for certain, but...
  • Okay, cosmology stuff first: It is confirmed, aligning strangely with what's been said about Dylan Dog, that there are infinite universes in the Zagor universe, and there are as many universes as there are thoughts; some universes are identical to each other, diverging merely froma single point, some are about things that are fictional in other universes. In fact, there are both alternate universes and alternate planes of existance, which are their own entirely separate thing.
  • The End of the World arc is way better than I remember, and it was already easily one of the best things I've ever read in a Zagor comic. I won't say much in the way of spoilers, but it is absolutely insane in P&A shown and in sheer power level. And weird too.
    Hellingen would be at least Wall level physically, but can reach at least Planet level, likely Star level through his powers, possibly far higher. He has some very, very weird powers that combine Mind, Dimensional and Space/Time Manipulation. He can create any illusion he likes, but the illusions he creates are both illusory, and things that are real in other alternate universes, and his powers work by creating said illusions, transporting people to alternate realities where said things are true and truly creating them. (on other realities, of course) Somehow, he can also make any change that he does into the world as true across all universes in all of reality; for example, destroying Earth in all possibilities, timelines and universes. Yes, Zagor still beats him. Yes, they both are vastly inferior to Kiki Manitou; the supreme being in the Zagor universe, at least as close as supreme as there is. The entire thing was orchestrated as a lesson to Hellingen to accept his own death. Actually deep stuff.
  • As for the existing profiles, Zagor gets quite alot of changes actually. He probably gets holy powers (he's been blessed and empowered by holy forces multiple times, in a permanent way), his existing resistances and powers get far greater, he probably gets Resistance to Soul Manip. and Absorption of lifeforce, and a few more things. With optional equipment, such as Rakum's Bow, he can get some really nifty attack negation and dream manipulation. Also, yeah, he's probably Class 5. He can stop a charging buffalo dead on their tracks with sheer force, but with extreme difficulty and he'd end up eventually overpowered after a struggle.
  • I really need to create Hellingen after this...
So, yeah! I'm happy to work in this again.

Good news! While I was (am) working on Zagor's rewrite, not only did I finally upload all of Tex's feats I had up to now (and found a really fun one: Tex shot the revolver out of a man's hand, and then hit it twice in the air with two more shots, all in quick sequence, just to style on him and to tell how out of his league the man is) but I finally, FINALLY found a good cache of Tex's Historical Edition comics up to #112! I only have continuous issues up to #80, and after that I only got a few sparse numbers, but it is far better than nothing!

Zagor's rewrite will take a while though. A few days, at least. I gotta make a reference box for all the feats and translate a lot more of them. I may make the profile more compact too.

It's good to see how Tex has actually plenty of moments specifically meant to show his marksmanship skill, his would be a hell of a respect thread.

Work is mostly done in that sense, soon you guys should have a very good update for Zagor's profile while I upload Tex's feats, but I gotta get back on rhythm, I noticed I've kinda lost the method of doing it.

In any case!

It's good to see how Tex has actually plenty of moments specifically meant to show his marksmanship skill, his would be a hell of a respect thread.
Yes indeed. I've noticed that Tex issues take a sort-of dip in quality after issue #40 (or at least most stories become sort of ordinary and generic) but become very, very awesome after #60. Imo, at least - not that the writing or art gets necessarily worse, it is just that I prefer Tex's more unusual stories. Which are still less weird than the average Zagor story.

Tex has some awesome marksmanship feats. One of the most noticeable feats is of him drawing and shooting so goddamn quick that he let a guy draw his revolver first, but he still not only shot the revolver out of his hand, but also cut his belt in two spots and tore off a lot of the edges of his clothes, like a "wind of bullets" that just popped the stuff out of the dude.

I've even started to stop scanning the random feats of people breaking glasses or furniture by punching people into them, and of shooting revolvers out of people's hands - they are so common that, despite my belief of scanning every single feat, no matter how minor it is, that it isn't worth it for a lot of feats that are kind of the same. Unless there is something really remarkable, like how Tex once punched a guy so violently he went flying through an entire room, broke a window, and upon hitting the ground, he sort of cartwheeled in the ground before finally falling down.

I am also incredibly careful on scanning dodging feats from Bonelli comics, such as avoiding bullets and arrows - unless I can, with hard evidence, see that the characters moved after only the shot was fired, and that there is nothing such as different angles or whatever to change the feat. I'm mentioning this because I'm pretty sure that I could multiply the number of feats quite easily if I wasn't careful about how I went at it.

I'll tell ya guys more later after I work on some stuff!

Ultimate necromancy.

I got really nostalgic re-reading this thread. Man, it'll take a while to translate everything, but as soon as I finish reading a few books for graduation, I'll finish uploading the Tex feats and re-make the profile, mostly making it more readable and adding a lot more feats.

Zagor will also need a re-do, and he'll get some absurd feats.

Back