• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sephiroth's speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloud Vs Terra ( He lost and she not FTL so &%!$@ )

So Cloud is not FTL.

Dissidia, while canon, has notable discrepancies in power, as evident with battles like Tifa vs. Ultimecia, the Warrior of Light vs. Sephiroth or Prishe vs. Garland.

The Everlasting said:
Dissidia, while canon, has notable discrepancies in power, as evident with battles like Tifa vs. Ultimecia, the Warrior of Light vs. Sephiroth or Prishe vs. Garland.
The Warrior of Light is equal, if not, more powerful then Sephiroth, but thats a discussion for a whole nother argument.

Tifa vs Ultimecia is dumb though. Thats why we judge them on cutscenes showing battle. Dunno much about Prishe, but Garland should be high above her in power, as Garland was able to fight evenly with Zidane while not even showing half of his power.

Kevenkiller said:
Well I have search for all the story battle in Dissida for Cloud you have Cloud vs Sephiroth ( That will not help ), Cloud vs Firion ( Firion is Massively Hypersonic+ so ... that will not help ), Cloud Vs Terra ( He lost and she not FTL so &%!$@ ) Cloud vs Feral Chaos ( I have no idea what Feral Chaos Speed is ). Im trying to find a Cloud vs Tidus or Cloud vs Jecht but I got nothing.
Cloud fought regular Chaos and got destroyed without Chaos even moving :/. It was pretty embarrassing.

Would it be best if I locked this thread, and we wait with this discussion until we can take a more generalised approach, and have finished with the other projects?

Hmmm

I will agree with that there is some inconsistencies with Zack being able to fight Bahamut Fury due to the future feats the FF7 cast pull of which are less impressive than Bahamuts.

What should be done is to gather around a full list of events which would contradict the Bahamut fight and see how inconsistent it is. Then come to a true descision on the FF7 cast tiers and stats.

But right now I think that the cast are good as they are. A full on reasearch may change my views though.

Would it be best if I locked this thread, and we wait with this discussion until we can take a more generalised approach, and have finished with the other projects?

I agree, if Sephiroth's (and other FF7 characters) speed was stated as Unknown.

Well, there appears to be some proof that Zack avoided or blocked FTL+ energy beams, and unfortunately this wiki has applied "travel speed=combat speed" to lots of different franchises. It seems unfair to single out this one. It is probably better if all the wiki staff members discuss this matter in a more generalised sense later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back