• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Separating the Toei Goku page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea this is gonna be short all I'm gonna say is that the toei goku page should be separated to z anime goku and another page for movie goku.

it's pretty known that the movies are their own separate continuity so I don't really think it should be put with z anime since they actually do have their own feats.

for the separate movie goku page, we should put keys for each movie and what their tier/ feat are in said movie

we should also move every vs match win movie goku has into the other page if this ever happens

inconclusion: movie goku and z anime goku should be separated into 2 profiles (sorry for my crappy grammar lol)

agreed: 13

disagreed: 3

Last edited:
yea this is gonna be short all I'm gonna say is that the toei goku page should be separated to z anime goku and another page for movie goku.

it's pretty known that the movies are their own separate continuity so I don't really think it should be put with z anime since they actually do have their own feats.

for the separate movie goku page, we should put keys for each movie and what their tier/ feat are in that feat

we should also move every vs match win movie goku has into the other page if this ever happens

inconclusion: movie goku and z anime goku should be separated into 2 profiles (sorry for my crappy grammar lol)
I agree with this.

How do we know they're a separate continuity?
Why Movies do NOT scale to Dragonball GT. | DragonBallZ Amino

I'm pretty sure there's already another CRT on this but I'm not sure if that CRT is still alive or now dead

Yeah I agree. It's clear that the movies are on a different continuity from the Anime.

Though Anime filler characters do appear in some movies (such as Pikkon in Fusion Reborn) so the movie characters should scale to anime feats, but not vice versa

I disagree, not only the movies themselves are on a separate continuity from each other, but the movie Goku profile would more a copy-pasta of the other Z Gokus, with nothing new or relevant.
It would be better to just axe the movie stuff from Toei Goku, and the movie don't even give him something special in terms of powers or forms (Kaio-ken x100 and Fake Super Saiyan aren't enough, imho).

Also, we need to establish a rule or a system to separate movies and anime as a whole, since all Toei profiles are fused.

If we do this than we would have to get rid of the profile all together.

We would end up with just GT I believe

Asi I proposed in anither thread, movie profiles should be counted as having the anime canon to them, but not vice versa.
Which means that is fine to scale Turles and Slug to anime Z Fighters in the Saiyan saga, but not scaling Toei Goku to Broly and stuff like that.

Movie Goku would be a character on his own, but would also be identical to Toei and Z Goku, which is really unnecessary.

Disagree. A hypothetical Movie Goku would be nearly identical to Anime Goku in terms of characterization, with the only difference being his stats which would be split across thirteen keys. In terms of powers, the only unique stuff Movie Goku has is Kaio-ken x100, Healing, the Spirit Bomb Absorption, and the Dragon Fist. Just get rid of the movie stuff from Goku's Toei page, but keep all the stuff from the movie character pages.

so what u guys are saying is to kinda just drop the movie scaling on goku but leave the other movie characters?

Tbh, Toei discussions gave me a burnout a while back, but there were some agreements that a few movies have obvious connections in the DBZ Anime in GT. The Dead Zone's entire plot was flashbacked in the Garlic Jr Saga filler, Cooler made an appearance in GT and could have easily happened during the 3 year gap between Goku meeting Future Trunks upon returning to Earth and the battle with Androids 19 and 20. And Wrath of the Dragon is where GT Trunks gets his sword in the Toei canon. So those are the three movies that are clearly part of Toei continuity but don't care anymore on the rest.

But I think @SomebodyData and maybe @Theglassman12 might more details last time I recall a Toei thread or back when Dark649 was active to elaborate the statements as wel.

Assuming we separate Anime Toei Goku and Movie Toei Goku, will Movie Toei Goku still be allowed to use feats and scaling from Anime Toei Goku?

Honestly maybe we should just rename the toei page to something like "Son Goku (movie canon) as he would still have all the same stuff and a strictly anime goku wouldn't be much more different then m as manga goku. Don't know what we'd do about gt though.

Yes, as the events of the anime still occur
Nope. For example,
  • The World's Strongest occurs after the Attack of the Saiyans, with Goku having trained under King Kai and Gohan having memories of Piccolo sacrificing himself to protect Gohan from Nappa, but Piccolo is still alive in this movie, despite there being no mention of Namek.
  • Tree of Might takes place after Goku's training with King Kai, but the Saiyans have not arrived, and all of the Z-Fighters are still alive.
  • Lord Slug takes place in-between Goku's arrival on Namek and his battle with Frieza, but all of the characters are on Earth, alive and well, and once again, the Saiyans are nowhere to be seen.
  • The Return of Cooler sees both Goku and Vegeta as First Grade Super Saiyans, but Dende is the Guardian of Earth, and Gohan is still in his Saiyan-Namek Saga attire with his long hair, which does not line up with Goku and Gohan's emergence from the RoSaT.
  • super android 13 is blatantly disconnected from the plot of the anime
  • In Fusion Reborn, both Goku and Vegeta are dead and Gotenks can become a Super Saiyan, but Gohan is still on Earth and is still acting as the Great Saiyaman which wouldn't make sense, as he was taken away by Shin before Vegeta sacrificed himself, leading everybody to believe that he was killed off in the fight. In spite of that, no one in the movie bats an eye at his existence.
  • In Broly - Second Coming, Gohan is able to go Super Saiyan 2 at will, having seemingly continued training after the Cell Games, and Goten recognizes his father, despite not meeting him until the World Martial Arts Tournament.
  • Bio-Broly takes place after the World Martial Arts Tournament, but everything after the tournament was non-stop action against Majin Buu, meaning something prior to the events of the movie had to be altered in order for this movie to occur.

Nope. For example,
  • The World's Strongest occurs after the Attack of the Saiyans, with Goku having trained under King Kai and Gohan having memories of Piccolo sacrificing himself to protect Gohan from Nappa, but Piccolo is still alive in this movie, despite there being no mention of Namek.
  • Tree of Might takes place after Goku's training with King Kai, but the Saiyans have not arrived, and all of the Z-Fighters are still alive.
  • Lord Slug takes place in-between Goku's arrival on Namek and his battle with Frieza, but all of the characters are on Earth, alive and well, and once again, the Saiyans are nowhere to be seen.
  • The Return of Cooler sees both Goku and Vegeta as First Grade Super Saiyans, but Dende is the Guardian of Earth, and Gohan is still in his Saiyan-Namek Saga attire with his long hair, which does not line up with Goku and Gohan's emergence from the RoSaT.
  • super android 13 is blatantly disconnected from the plot of the anime
  • In Fusion Reborn, both Goku and Vegeta are dead and Gotenks can become a Super Saiyan, but Gohan is still on Earth and is still acting as the Great Saiyaman which wouldn't make sense, as he was taken away by Shin before Vegeta sacrificed himself, leading everybody to believe that he was killed off in the fight. In spite of that, no one in the movie bats an eye at his existence.
  • In Broly - Second Coming, Gohan is able to go Super Saiyan 2 at will, having seemingly continued training after the Cell Games, and Goten recognizes his father, despite not meeting him until the World Martial Arts Tournament.
  • Bio-Broly takes place after the World Martial Arts Tournament, but everything after the tournament was non-stop action against Majin Buu, meaning something prior to the events of the movie had to be altered in order for this movie to occur.
^

Manga Goku and Anime Goku are fundamentally the same character, but anime filler on top of changes made by Toei during the adaptation of the manga gives him enough unique qualities to warrant his own page, including powers, relationships, and personality traits. On the other hand, Movie Goku is the same as Manga/Anime Goku, except there are eight different iterations of him spread across thirteen movies with the only differences between them being their stats and some versions having special powers, like Lord Slug Goku having Kaio-ken x100, Cooler Goku having Healing, Super Android 13 Goku having Spirit Bomb Absorption, and Wrath of the Dragon Goku having the Dragon Fist. There is no reason to have both an Anime and a Movie page for Goku, or a Movie page at all.

I agree. IMO, there should be a "Son goku (Toei)" page with the anime scaling and feats and another page "Son goku (Movies)" and each key would be every different movie. This is because there are stuff in the anime and filler that relate to the main story while the movies do not and that's why they should be separate.

Problem is that of you separate them anime goku becomes pretty much identical to manga goku, making the profile kind of redundant.

Manga Goku and Anime Goku are fundamentally the same character, but anime filler on top of changes made by Toei during the adaptation of the manga gives him enough unique qualities to warrant his own page, including powers, relationships, and personality traits. On the other hand, Movie Goku is the same as Manga/Anime Goku, except there are eight different iterations of him spread across thirteen movies with the only differences between them being their stats and some versions having special powers, like Lord Slug Goku having Kaio-ken x100, Cooler Goku having Healing, Super Android 13 Goku having Spirit Bomb Absorption, and Wrath of the Dragon Goku having the Dragon Fist. There is no reason to have both an Anime and a Movie page for Goku, or a Movie page at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back