• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sentry vs. Martian Manhunter (Post-Crisis)

Well that's to bad that would have been a nice fight. Acer I am pretty sure sentry also has good regen and tk.

Isnt MM weak against fire ? And hasnt Sentry the power of 10000 exploding suns or something like that?

Mm isn't weak to fire just he is afraid of it. But the sentry is afraid of his own power so the same could be said for sentry.

^ except martian manhunters fodders every psychic Sentry has been up against and then some. Not to mention sentrys power is super dependent on his mental stability. Emma frost<Xavier<<<Sentry<<<<<Martian Manhunter when it comes to telepathy feats. This literally comes down to can sentry tag MM and resist his psychic bombardment. This is a whole new level he will be encountering.

Sentry wins this. He has the higher AP (4-B) and better hax. His Molecular Manipulation is superior to MM Telekinesis, Invisibility, Phasing, Shapeshifting and the limits are still unknown. Did I mention that he defeated Molecule Man (High 1-C) ? Even his regen is superior to MM regen: "He twice even came back from being molecularly dispersed, during his fights with the Molecule Man and Morgan le Fay." (High regen) vs "The Martian Manhunter has shown amazing regenerative capabilities. So great are they that he has been able to completely regenerate from nothing but his severed hand, regenerate in moments from nothing more than a puddle of green liquid, and in another instance, survived beheading." (Low-High). (Source for MM, Source for Sentry).

In Terms of strength they may be equal, MM is as strong as Supes and Sentry rivals Thor the Marvel Equivalent of Supes. But Sentry has outmatched Thor (4-B), who is more powerful than Supes (4-C), while MM is only near the same level a Supes.

The only thing MM has as advantage is perhabs higher Telepathy (He could destabilize Sentrys Mind, IF he has better Telepathy. Feats required) and a speed advantage (Which still does nothing because MM (4-C) has cant kill him (Solar System level durability)).

Conclusion: A mental stable Sentry stomps MM. An unstable Sentry could have problems, but I think we assume the best conditions for this fight.

The more I read about this character the more ridiculous he gets.

MM Telepathy

This is Jonn forcing his way into the mind of The Spectre.

range

Jonn showing the reaches of his telepathy all the way intp the speed force

Breaks into spectres mind agai

Also link to respect thread with more feats

Thread

Again Jonn can play keep away long enough to start breaching Sentrys mind. The moment this happens its Game over for sentry again his mental state is linked to his powers. I've look at sentries telepath resistance feats and they're are impressive, but Jonn is in a whole new league when it comes to this.

Yes he does their all in the respect thread. Including the fact MM isnt weak to fire as much as its up played. Pre-crisis Jonn had major problems against fire. Post-crisis pratically turned it into a minor problem. Jonn has shown that it was all mental and depending on his willpower can out right ignore it and is the only green martian to do it. For tk resistance he held off 9 amped up white martians from breaking into his mind and Whites are suppose to be far superior to green ones when it comes to telepathy I guess, but Jonn has always been a special case.

Fire resistance

The moon is on fire and Jonn is battling some white martians with no problems

No longer affected by fire

regenerating on a molecular level

Can survivie being destroyed on the molecular level and will regen after a while.

Again MM can literally completely destroy Sentrys mind and again his powers are dependent on his confindence. Due to the massive speed diffrence and the fact he has no defence to martian manhunters mind attacks. How do you expect him to fight MM decides to make him think he's a baby or as he digs in into sentries mnd digs up the alcoholism, the time he killed his side kick, or his heart break with Rouge. MM has the superior hax here since Sentry cant land any of his while Jonns free to probe and bash his mind away.

I dought sentry would stand there and let mm read his mind he would fight back. Can mm dodge while reading the sentry mind/ breaking it?

Minstry of pain said:
Again MM can literally completely destroy Sentrys mind and again his powers are dependent on his confindence. Due to the massive speed diffrence and the fact he has no defence to martian manhunters mind attacks. How do you expect him to fight MM decides to make him think he's a baby or as he digs in into sentries mnd digs up the alcoholism, the time he killed his side kick, or his heart break with Rouge. MM has the superior hax here since Sentry cant land any of his while Jonns free to probe and bash his mind away.

You say this like Sentry would have no defense. I agree that MM is the stronger telepath, but you forgot that Sentry is also a very powerful telepath that rivals the combinded powers of Prof. X and Emma Frost, deleted the memories of every person on the moon and earth about him and escape Doctor Stranges Mind Magic. Furthermore I think MM will have problems with his two personalities. He just cant mind rape him, I think the best he can do is destabilize Sentrys mind, which would unleash the void.

Even if we assume that he could mind rape sentry, he still cant kill him (and dont forget Sentrys regen). His powers are NOT dependent on his confidence, just his controll (over the void).

If they to meet for a fight and MM starts with telepathic attacks, he cant just KO him like you think. It will need a little time to beat him, while the can fight simultaniously on the physical plane. And here stomps Sentry MM.

• wins by ko or death*
Simply "mind screwing" someone isn't going help him win*

Also sentey's mind isn't a good place for you to invade due to it being inhabited by the void. And, as you can see on his profile, sentry's atoms are in a different timeline, so like I said unless MM has high level time or reality warping manipulation, he ain't killing sentry

Well this match was a even match a long time ago now due to recent (2 month old updates) updates. Mm is now so much stronger and more durable that he can one punch the sentry and beat him the same way superman did too. Also he is even faster then before.

Huesito88 said:
Well this match was a even match a long time ago now due to recent (2 month old updates) updates. Mm is now so much stronger and more durable that he can one punch the sentry and beat him the same way superman did too. Also he is even faster then before.
The only reason supes *beat* becasue someone requested it to be added (even though the votes were not concluded in way), before i could, put forth my final agrument.......also no one oh that thread can come up with a answer to how supes can permantly kill sentry.....

it was concluded thread I doubt the sentry votes outweighed the superman votes even then. Also why can't superman/mm kill sentry pretty sure, it was already concluded that superman can kill the sentry

Superman did win that thread, and MM is superior to Supes. But still, IDK what the void thing is.

Also MMs AP is over 20 times higher.

Gargoyle 1 said:
Superman did win that thread, and MM is superior to Supes. But still, IDK what the void thing is.

Also MMs AP is over 20 times higher.
No he didnt, absolutely no one in my thread could tell me how supes can bypass sentry's atoms which are in a completely different timeline

Huesito88 said:
it was concluded thread I doubt the sentry votes outweighed the superman votes even then. Also why can't superman/mm kill sentry pretty sure, it was already concluded that superman can kill the sentry
No it wasn't....check it again

Back