• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekiro Speed Downgrade

I might find (or make) a vid where Wolf reacts and dodges to Isshin's CtG lightning.

And no, lightning can't be calced based off how fast we see it because Sekiro can't even outrun bullets from the gunfort marksmen, he can't even outrun bullets from regular rifles, so what appears to be trackable with our eyes literally doesn't matter because the speeds at which varios objects move are barely apart.

this the same thing as the time somoene tried upgrading Zelda speeds based of Ganon running from light arrow in ALBW or some shit.

My point it is violates Cinematic time

There is almost no video game where you can run faster than a projectile. Dodging them is possible but straight outrunning them almost never is because projectiles have to be able to hit you

Unless you want to downgrade the speed of dark souls for not being able to outrun arrows,and bloodborne or prototype for not being able to outrun bullets

@Paul

Was actually planning on downgrading dark souls speed in the near future so thanks for the reminder.

While normally I would agree that projectiles are made faster, however Sekiro isn't one of those verses that have much higher consistent speed feats, and I've already debunked all MHS claims, so if you don't want to scale them off bullets what's it gonna be?

Literally the only thing people are arguing rn is how fast lightning appears to us which is by the way already made null due to CT.

Scroll-of-battle-ashina-castle-walkthrough-sekiro-wiki-guide-600px
1) The scroll pictured is found in Ashina castle, in the dojo, showing its origin as an Ashina clan relic. It describes the ghosts faced by the Ashina clan as using the lightning of the Fountainhead gods, which use CtG lightning as shown by the resident dragon. So that means Ashina samurai were going up against CtG-using spirits, with the likes of Isshin and Genichiro standing head and shoulders above your garden variety elite Ashina samurai, one of whom is fought in the same room as where the scroll is found, and right before Genichiro.

2) The dogs are fought in an area packed with CtG lightning-using Okami warriors, and well past mid-game, when 8-C takes the mic.

3) "Don't even try bringing this guy's balls up, This scan speaks for itself" And why not? Once released from the capsule, it's free-flowing lightning, and with proper timing, the player can react,to just the attack itself, instead of the tell.

In addition, Divine Dragon strikes at comparable (possibly superior, would have to check the calc) speed to the CtG lightning in his boss fight, so MHS Sekiro end-game oughtta stay.

@sheev

1) They use CtG to infuse their attacks with Lightning, they don't attack with lightning, big difference.

2) The dogs aren't using CtG

3) No it isn't it's a ball covered in Lightning, there's absolutely nothing that suggest otherwise, so far every single lightning feat has been about coating weapons with said element and this one is no different.

No he doesn't, I already explained why the speed of Lightning from our POV isn't applicable, no one is reacting to it, or dodging it or attacking at similar speeds.

Konaguna said:
@sheev

1) They use CtG to infuse their attacks with Lightning, they don't attack with lightning, big difference.

2) The dogs aren't using CtG

3) No it isn't it's a ball covered in Lightning, there's absolutely nothing that suggest otherwise, so far every single lightning feat has been about coating weapons with said element and this one is no different.

No he doesn't, I already explained why the speed of Lightning from our POV isn't applicable, no one is reacting to it, or dodging it or attacking at similar speeds.
1&2) it still buffs their AP to 8-C, which according to our standards puts similarly-damaging free-flowing electrical attacks at lightning speed iirc.

Sekiro can also last-second dodge CtG lightning, and Divine Dragon is calced at swinging its sword at MHS speed

Konaguna said:
@sheev
Some of their lightning infusion attacks, extend the range of their weapon. Meaning a significant part of the "weapon" is pure lightning.

@Melee

You realize the extended weapon still moves at the speed the wielder swings it right?

@sheev

Hold on a second, are you scaling the dogs to Sekiro?

That's literally whack, even Sekiro can't swing his sword at lightning speed so who tf came to that conclusion? Literally no one in the verse has MHS feats

I was talking about the lightning on the pathway to the cave but that works too

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
The lightning on the tree stays there until he interacts with it, it's not good evidence.
Not the final one when he gets gusted up into the air by the dragon.

I already proved that literally no lightning is ever reacted to or anything regarding with speed feats.

And summoning lightning isn't MHS at all Lmao, you suggest Amano Jyakku is also MHS now?

Konaguna said:
@Melee

You realize the extended weapon still moves at the speed the wielder swings it right?

@sheev

Hold on a second, are you scaling the dogs to Sekiro?

That's literally whack, even Sekiro can't swing his sword at lightning speed so who tf came to that conclusion? Literally no one in the verse has MHS feats
The visual trail of the lightning may move at the same speed, but since it's not full constrained by the weapon, it doesn't transfer charge by the weapon making contact, but by instead jumping onto Sekiro directly.

I'm not scaling the dogs to Sekiro, I'm scaling the dogs to the Okami at Fountainhead that buff their weapons with natural lightning

And I said it was Divine Dragon who had the MHS+ sword swinging feat, it's in the Divine Dragon's calc, but yeah l(eafy)iterally no one in the verse has MHS feats

Konaguna said:
I already proved that literally no lightning is ever reacted to or anything regarding with speed feats.
And summoning lightning isn't MHS at all Lmao, you suggest Amano Jyakku is also MHS now?
I highly doubt Wolf just passively channels lightning like a lightning rode. That would make him impervious to lightning. I don't know who Amano Jyakku is.

@Sheev

What are you talking about? the lighting is limited to the speed of the weapon wielder, it says within the line of the weapon and is dependant upon it, this isn't hard to understand.

Why would dogs scale to them? there's no reason they would at all. Buffing weapons with natural lighting is still not MHS+, far from it

@Meleenium

Yes he does, he literally does nothing but attracts it into his blade, that's how it works, that's how it's shown.

Amano Jyyaku calls down lighting with eez and he ain't MHS.

Konaguna said:
@Meleenium

Yes he does, he literally does nothing but attracts it into his blade, that's how it works, that's how it's shown.
Yeah, no. That doesn't make any sense. If his sword can passively channel lightning with no conscious input from himself, then he'd basically be immune to lightning. He has to be doing something decisive on his part in order to not get hurt by it.

It's fiction, half the shit in it makes no sense yet it happens. He literally does nothing mid air, he just jumps so that he can freely conduct lightning. Think he is doing something in the air is pure headcanon when he's shown the exact opposite. even then there are literally no feats of him reacting to CTG because all of them are used to imbue weapons.

Did you look at the three scans of him reacting to cloud to ground lightning

2 of them involved him dodging the lightning before it hit him

Nothing so far.

I've also asked two calc members about the CtG scans and they said he's solidly reacting to it.

He Didn't even react to them, the lightning comes down in literally one frame, the glowing circle is just an indicator that it's about to strike.

What you're doing is abusing CT. I can predict a timing of the lightning and dodge accordingly, I've done that many times in many games. This ain't a MHS+ feat like I said above.

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread then. You can send me a message if you need my help later, after you reach a conclusion.

Konaguna said:
@Sheev

What are you talking about? the lighting is limited to the speed of the weapon wielder, it says within the line of the weapon and is dependant upon it, this isn't hard to understand.

Why would dogs scale to them? there's no reason they would at all. Buffing weapons with natural lighting is still not MHS+, far from it

@Meleenium

Amano Jyyaku calls down lighting with eez and he ain't MHS.
Code:
May not be MHS+, but it is Building level+, the dogs scale to it, and free-flowing electricity that is ranked at 8-C or higher is treated as being of comparable speed to natural lightning. This isn't hard to understand.
Also, pretty sure it was established earlier, if not in this thread then in the discussion thread, that lightning strikes in Sekiro don't occupy only a single frame

Lmao I'm dead. What are you gonna say next? Electricity is yellow so it must also be SOLightnig 😂😂. AP has nothing to do with speed. Not like the dogs actually scale to anyone because they're mobs unlike the soldiers in that area.

Yes they do, the guy above literally proved it lmao, I went into premiere and had a look myself, you want me to show you?

MeleeniumRXJ said:
I mean you're just choosing one headcanon over another.
No I am not, are you brain dead? I literally posted a scan proving he does nothing but waits.

Back