• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Seija Kijin's Ability: "Able to flip anything to its opposite existence"

So, I wanted to ask this after talking with someone in a different thread about it.

What is the general consensus as to how Seija's ability works? To me, especially with how the wording is on other wikis, the ability works in that as long as something has an opposite, it can be flipped. Promestein said that they think that it works in this way as well. This includes concepts, parts of realities, and other things that normally wouldn't be able to be touched.

However, CoreOfimBalance(COB) said that they don't think that it does. I want to know what the overall decision is regarding this, if only so that anyone who uses Seija in a VS battle in the future knows how the ability works according to the wiki.

IMO, she doesn't flip thing more than what have been showed in her spell card: Namely, people's perception. And even then it is nothing more than annoyance. Don't forget that she need the Mallet in an attempt to flip the world's order, and even then it doesn't work, and probably not even an ounce of her power is into that.

It's just one of those Kaguya or Yukari-like ability where its effects depend on what it's used. We have to go with what was shown.

Even though the wording says "anything"? And she's actually done more than what's shown in the game, at least one thing. She flipped the entire Shining Needle Castle upside down and didn't need help with it at all. I think she did something else, but I don't know for sure. Just something that COB said, or at least how his reply to me was worded.

@Andy I read about the whole DDC incident, and she needed help to basically make the effect stronger, not to make it actually happen. Flipping someone's mindset is easy, but especially with youkai, getting them to act on it is harder. Hence why the enhancing was needed.

She did little. The only thing we can rely on are official feats from either what she displayed she can do, and what is concrete. Unlike Yukari or Kaguya, she doesn't get the benefit of being powerful goddess-esque figures.

Me thinking something works in a certain way =/= me supporting an upgrade or change to how Seija's abilities are quantified on this wiki.

It's just a headcanon.

I wonder, do you think because she can flip things into their opposites, do you think she could flip someone's existance into non-existance?

Udlmaster said:
I wonder, do you think because she can flip things into their opposites, do you think she could flip someone's existance into non-existance?
I've always thought that she could do something like that yes. As for if she would survive doing so, I don't know.

And everyone else, PLEASE don't start harping on me for saying I think she can do that 'cause I really don't care if it's been shown or not in canon, I'm not trying to change anything right now.

Back