• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation vs Tyranids

However, there is a Tyranid Hive-Mind in Realspace, it is technically all Tyranids combined.

Which is like, a 4-A fleet via sheer size.

@Weekly

"Many scholars suggest the Shadow in the Warp is the result of a constant two way communication between the Hive mind and lesser organisms, this creates a phenomenal amount of psychic activity."

Basically it's the result of the Hive Mind's constant connection and communication to the physical Tyranid organisms. The Hive Mind's "shadow" affects the Warp, while the Tyranids basically create this suppressive psychic aura.

Though as a simple answer, like all Warp-based stuff it's reality warping via application of energy from a higher-dimensional realm to the materium.

@Matt

That's at a minimum, too. We've seen Hive Fleets that are well into 4-A territory in size, and we have no idea how many more Tyranids are outside the galaxy.

@Azathoth

Where is it stated that the Astronomicon renders Regions of Space uninhabitable? I know it's unrelated but I can't find the source.

@Matt

Wait, I remembered. It was in The Talon of Horus. Boom.

"We can see that light. Those of us within the Empire of the Eye can actually see it. The Astronomican reaches even to our purgatorial exile, and to us it is no mere mystical radiance illuminating the warp. It is pain, it is fire, and it plunges entire Neverborn worlds into war.

It would be a mistake to believe the Emperor's power battles the Four Gods' forces, here. It is not order against chaos, nor anything as crude as 'good' against 'evil'. It is all psychic energy, crashing together in volatile torment.

Most of the Radiant Worlds are uninhabitable, lost in the lethal crash of conflicting psychic energies. Armies of fire angels and flame-wrought projections wage war against everything in their path. We call this region the Firetide. What made the Avernus Breach so valuable was its path, not its destination. It cut through the systems forever bleached bare of life by the Firetide, and into the calmer Radiant Worlds beyond. These are the star systems bathed in psychic light without burning in it.
"

2070 isn't going to be very effective against a Hive Fleet already inside the galaxy, which it most certainly is in this scenario.

I assume they would still take effect. It just depends on how long they'd last, since the concentration of psykers in a whole fleet is absolutely immense. They would probably need to be quickly set up around the Earth to have a meaningful effect.

I'm more interested to see how different facilities deal with Tyranids, since they're going to be landing at quite a few different locations simultaneously. Especially if specifically trying to prevent civilian casualties. Zoanthropes are probably going to be a big deal, in some capacity.

Oh yeah, i keep forgetting about that :/

I mean it only took a few SRAs to keep the Bloom stable so it didnt erase the multiverse, and they only failed because Yellowstone started to erupt, and if worse comes to worse, they can use Norian Cluster Bombs (Of which a single munition is a warhead with the equivalent of 102 SRAs). And there are reality benders in the SCP verse that can nullify/reverse the effects of other reality benders ("She could teleport herself there… but she could sense reality shaping up there on the surface, and you never wanted to be so sloppy with another reality shaper. They could smack you right back to where you'd come from, she'd heard.")

Isabel and the Deer should be able to take out most of the fleet on their own

Also, if they're really in need of a powerful weapon, they can just load 2966 into 044 and have an instant High-3-A weapon

The SRAs contained the Bloom because the area of containment required. It's very hard to do the same on this scale. Anti-reality warping reality warpers are always good. Though as I said, assuming SitW exists in this scenario, it's actually far easier to fight most of them through more "conventional" means.

The Deer is strong, but unless I'm missing something, it doesn't really have a reliable way to shave off enough sheer numbers to make a difference. Isabel is definitely one of the beings who could end up repelling the invasion, but I find it incredibly unlikely she actually gets serious until casualties actually start to occur.

044 operates based on how much mass is inserted into it, iirc. 2966 doesn't have infinite mass at all times, and assuming it did, the Foundation would also be killing themselves.

Hmm...i wonder who the physically strongest terestrial SCP the foundation has access to...

The Deer helped defeat the Scarlet King :p

And yeah, once they start taking heavy casualties (Because lets face it, if the Tyranids get to earth, people are gonna die) theyre gonna feel the full wrath of a goddess in pink high-tops

044 uses mass-energy conversion to create a munition, 2966 uses mass-energy conversion to never run out of toilet paper, once 044 starts turning 2966 into ammo 2966 is gonna start recreating itself

Physically? That's a tough one.

And the Necrons shattered these guys. Doesn't help when we're talking how many things you can kill and not how strong of a thing you can kill.

That's going to mean, if you assume it keeps itself infinite before contact, the Foundation will indeed be killing themselves.

Sooo... I take it SCP-682 wouldn't stand the slightest chance?

I mean, WOULD he? You're focusing on the reality warpers and not the possibly MOST HAXXED SCP to exist- just make the ultimate 682 by letting him consume small portions of just about every living SCP to exist that would provide weaponry and abilities for 682 to use, then let him bite off a piece of a Tyranid-

Then set that ****** on the swarm~

Just 682 vs that many Tyranids would be a neverending stalemate. 682 would constantly adapt to the Tyranids, but a single Tyranid getting a bit of 682 would also mean they'd be doing the same. Well...more so than they already do.

I mean i know Klavigar Orok and Klavigar Lovataar are strong, but theyre inactive...same with SCP-169 and SCP-2090...so the strongest would probably be whoever is wielding SCP-2501

Which forms of them?

That's what 2000 is for, if humanity becomes extinct, it recreates exact clones of everyone on the planet and implants them with memories so they repopulate the earth.

So theyre stronger than anything the Tyranids can dish out on their own, but possibly not strong enough to take out the etire fleet...

...What's a Necron again? And the Deer also has a huge AoE that transmutes any matter into hydrogen/helium on contact

Oh, my bad, i was thinking of 1968, assuming Isabel or 239 dont do it first

"RINDRE, or the Reality Initiative for Non-Dimensional Risk Entities, controls the "reality anchors" influencing the hume level within sites containing trans-dimensional objects. These "reality anchors" essentially combine dimensions, "locking" dimensional entities into the same dimensional space as site guards and MTFs."

Just found the protocol for strong reality benders ive been looking for all day :p

Would that do anything though? Locking dimensional entities into the same dimensional space?

Unless they are trying to bring in the Hive Mind or something?

I just brought that up to see if it would be a viable method of countering the reality warping effects caused by a ton of Tyranids being in one place

Back