• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation vs Tyranids

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Based off the discussion here, a Tyranid Hive Fleet appears on the edge of the solar system and makes its way to Earth. The Foundation is aware of its presence and has to defend Earth. Can the Foundation repel the invaders or is Earth doomed?

There are definitely multiple ways this goes, depending on what the Tyranids do and what the Foundation does. It also depends on if we assume verse equalization, and thus the factor of the shadow in the Warp, which livens things up. I'll think up some good examples.

@Saikou

Would 3002 actually do anything? There's only like a single known Tyranid that has its own mind. The others are all merely vessels for the Hive Mind.

I need to make a profile for this one still but 3437 can info-hax them out of existence. Also the Foundation has Isabel on their side...

Depends really if the Tyranids can somehow survive all the scps in space and get to earth they could probably spread reletivley fast

If they share a mind, it's going to be their downfall. Because one is infected, and the information is then released through the hivemind. Unless they are stupid enough to not actually be affected by 3002.

Getting into some interesting stuff, I'm going to assume the closest tendril of the Hive Fleet starts out just past Pluto, and that without their FTL, Tyranid ships are comparable to Imperial ships without their FTL, meaning their greatest achievable speed will be somewhere around the speed of light. That gives the Foundation around five and a half hours before they hit the planet. This is plenty of time to come up with some creative solutions to thin the herd, a bit. This can also be done without using potentially dangerous SCPs, but without those it's more just buying time. If they get out some reality warpers, assuming SitW isn't a factor, they could also start pinging off chunks of the Hive Fleet as they become known.

Assuming SitW is in play, things are going to be a bit harder, because it'll be kinda like a giant, living SRA is crashing through your front door.

Well, the thing is that the Foundation has multiple ways to handle the Tyranids easily. They just suffer from what I like to call the 'Shin Godzilla' problem. For those who haven't watched Shin Godzilla, the Japanese Government basically could have killed Godzilla in his pre-evolved state. But they decided against it due to there being like 2 old people in the vicinity. This was what led to Godzilla escaping and eventually becoming a lot harder to kill.

The Foundation is kind of like the same. They would rather access the threat first, rather than nuke it out of existence. 343 could erase them, 239 could wish them away, 2399 could potentially destroy them if given the correct command. Hell, they could even use Overmeta to contact the authors and plot induce the destruction of the Tyranids.

The only thing holding them back is that O-5 would never risk it. It is only when they have exhauted all other options will they resort to using the heavy hitters. The question then will be: Are they too late?

Sir Ovens said:
They just suffer from what I like to call the 'Shin Godzilla' problem.
Pretty much. I also wouldn't doubt that some sites aren't going to be careful enough and let some anomalies be eaten, which is going to be...bad.

Hm...come to think of it, if we do assume SitW is active, or if the Tyranids just decide to use Narvhals, they have an almost guaranteed chance of quickly making planetfall. No doubt something could eventually stop them, with casualties HEAVILY varying, but I wonder just how dangerous they could end up getting by consuming certain anomalies?

@Azzy That's entirely dependent on where they make planetfall and what they eat, because there's a good amount of SCPs that would be very detrimental if the Tyranids ate them, assuming a high-level reality bender doesnt close the Narvhals or Reality Anchors dont nullify them.

Oh no doubt. 'Nids destroy any others infected with something that could be detrimental, after all. I'm wondering what would likely be the worst case scenario of something the fleet would actually integrate and essentially create countless copies of.

This is also assuming SitW is active, which is why I said they'd make planetfall, since they'd essentially dampen or fizzle (depending on level) most reality warpers, which makes planetfall less of a hassle.

Worst case for them or worst case for the Foundation?

I see...the strongest reality benders the Foundation has are 11-12 Dimensional if that makes a difference.

Monarch Laciel said:
What is SiTW?
Shadow in the Warp.

It's the "shadow" this thing casts in realspace. It used to be thought that Tyranids had some kind of anti-psyker aura, but it's actually because the Hive Mind is so incomprehensibly great, the more physical Tyranids in one place in realspace, the more other beings who use "unnatural powers" (Warp stuff in 40k's case) are suppressed, have their minds ****** up, or fizzle entirely.

I mean...he can, yeah. His whole thing is controlling all disease and sickness in existence and growing stronger from it.

In fact, the only poison or disease they seem totally unable to at least somewhat adapt to is one made specifically targeting and using DNA from the Fleet's specific Norn Queens. So that's something the Deathwatch have been able to exploit on rare occasions.

How would 682 fare though? I mean, he possesses the same ability as the tyranids, "adaption through consumption of bio-mass", could he potentially negate their ability to adapt off of him and use whatever permanent adaptions or temporary adaptions given to him to fight?

The Hive Mind itself isn't actually fighting. It's a psychic presence in the Warp. The SitW is just the effect it has on reality when a lot of Tyranids are in one place. Other than that, it doesn't intervene or anything to help them in any way. Otherwise, repelling Tyranid invasions in canon would be...impossible.

Question, it is reailty warping via higher dimensions or just general reality warping?

The reality warping caused by a bunch of tyranids being in one place, is it regular reality warping or something higher dimensional?

Back