• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation: Settling the Verse's Dimensionality

The fact that it existed at all means the Brothers transcend it

Yal would destroy all of existence relative to the Tree of Knowledge, 3812 transcends it entirely

You need to prove they do, my dude. If there's zero evidence they do, we can't use it. It was an anomaly that lasted for finite time and never manifested itself again.

If said anomaly happened in a reality that they transcend, the Brothers transcend said anomaly.

Especially considering said anomaly technically existed for three months

No. Anomalies are meant to defy logic itself. That's the point of the series. Unless you have solid proof of it scaling to them, it can't be used.

This is basically the speculation point I'm making.

Also, not every single statement relating to existence scales to the verse's God-Tiers.

There are SCPs that assume the entire Foundation is non-existent and don't correlate to the Tree of Knowledge.

Solid proof is necessary. We can take the 196,884-D statement because it is a statement that relates to the Foundation universe itself, a general guideline, so it scales.

An anomaly that existed for a small amount of time, never to reappear in the Verse can't be proven to scale to the Brothers, sorry.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/vision-at-betar

"I came upon the Eternal House of Death, that which separates the lower parts of the Tree from the higher. Here I rested for a time, and leaned against the doorpost. Death came to the door and spoke to me "You rest against the doorpost of the Eternal House of Death. Have you no fear of our might?"

I answered: "Nay, sir, I have no fear of you or your brothers, for I have seen you at Betar, and know your power. I do not fear you, for I know your power is utter."

Death said: "Aye, our domain is all things that exist within the shade of the Tree, and within its branches, and within its roots. You are wise, mortal. I will permit you to rest against the doorpost of the house of my brothers."

I rested a while longer, and rolled dice with Death, and learned from him secret arts and hidden Ways."

The Brothers transcend EVERYTHING that exists within the reach of the Tree of Knowledge, which the anomaly would fall under. It scales to the Brothers. Sorry.

Incorrect, my dude. Not all anomalies scale to the Brothers. That's why every single entity that is above them in the hierarchy is considered an anomaly in most cases

SCP-2935 killing "absolutely everything in the SCP series" would imply he killed the entire Tree of Knowledge, which is false.

You need solid proof. Please provide it.

The Brothers and the Scarlet King also destroyed all of creation in their fight, which would include said anomaly

Proof of that?

This anomaly no longer manifested after this instance. There's zero proof it still even existed.

There are a lot of SCPs not subject to the Brothers's rule. I keep asking you for proof of them affecting an anomaly that no longer exists in the SCP multiverse and you haven't provided it, no offense.

I've already seen that. That's what you used as an argument and what I replied to above, so it proves nothing.

In fact, the 2722 log is what proves it doesn't scale anymore. Since the SCP universe is safely 196,884 dimensional and that's what the 1-Bs scale to.

You used the scan's contents as an argument before posting it.

Anyway, any other scans of SCP having a more than 196,884-D Verse that is not speculation or that definitely scales to the characters?

You asked for proof that they destroyed creation and i gave it to you

I can try to find some scans from the Wanderer's Library

"Creation" doesn't include an anomaly that only manifested once, never to reappear by any means.

I asked for proof the fight affected something that is not in creation anymore. You didn't provide it

Also, the idea that the fight shook creation as in the entire SCP metaverse is flawed. There are universes in the canon where the SCP Foundation itself is nonexistent and thus couldn't be affected by a fight that never took place in their world.

This is why you need proof. I can tell a general guideline of the multiverse scales to the entire multiverse until otherwise proven. I can not tell, however, that an anomaly that will never reappear and no longer exists scales to the Brothers.

We never accepted speculative evidence before, and there is no reason for that to change now.

There's also the Wandsman's map of countless layers of reality

The Wandsman exists completely outside of the multiverse btw

1. Layers of reality do not have to mean dimensions.

2. If they were, that'd fall under the 196,884-D. I explained why in the OP.

EDIT:

The Wandsman exists completely outside of the multiverse btw

That'd be a higher degree of 1-B for him.

EDIT: And that's while I ignore the fact "reality" in Alagadda is almost always another term for a timeline.

By the way, I'm going to sleep right now, so I will recheck this thread tomorrow.

Bye.

If Weekly and Azathoth have not finished talking about this, perhaps it would be better to remove the highlight to this thread, close it, and remain patient? I mean by this wiki's standards, waiting a few months for a revision to properly take form is not a very long time.

Honestly doing a CRT on SCP and highlighting it now is unnecessary. I understand that it is a big change and that we should care about the accuracy of our pages, but Weekly and Azzy are sorting everything out and I believe we should have more faith in them.

Plus, if you think about it, this thread is kind of redundant considering that if these changes do indeed go through, Weekly and Azzy would then overlap them with their changes, completely wasting the time and effort of changing them in the first place.

Long story short, even if the OP holds weight, I think we should actually wait for Weekly and Azzy's huge post before adding anything or changing the verse. And future posts about the SCP verse as a whole should be put on hold or at least not highlighted so we don't get into anymore pointless heated arguments.

This seems good. Nothing will probably get done before Weekly and Azzy do anything though so it'll end up being redundant.

Okay. I will remove the highlight for this thread then.

It may be better if Kepekley simply participates in the discussion between Weekly and Azathoth.

Well, it might be best to wait for Kepekley to wake up before closing the thread though, as he might get upset otherwise.

Except Weekly and Azzy weren't going to talk about this specific issue. The reason why I made this thread is because Weekly repeated this in a Star Trek thread and I wanted to correct it. Two different sources tell us it is a 196,884-dimensional Verse, with the latter saying that's the only number that can be confirmed for its structure.

196,884 is also a reference to the book "196,884 and a Monster", which theorizes about this number of dimensions, so it makes sense for SCP to cap out at this number

I'd be fine with participating in the discussion, but I'd also prefer if Verses didn't have their revisions stopped just because there are people already discussing its standing. Naruto still had some revisions going through before I made my big post to revise all the verse's stats.

Yes, however, Weekly and Azzy are discussing everything related to SCP, including dimensions. Like I said, even if this goes through, Azzy and Weekly's revisions will more than likely overlap this one. Besides, if you want to change this, you might as well change everything wrong with SCP thus far, which is exactly what the former two are doing.

I've already addressed that.

If Azzy and Weekly's revisions overlap with this one, it's because there is now evidence to suggest it was wrong. That doesn't in any way change the fact that the revision is necessary until that happens.

A necessary change...is a necessary change.

@Kep I'd like to point out that over a dozen Naruto revision threads were stopped because the full revision for the verse was in the works to the point where we almost made it a rule banning making revision threads for the verse until it was completed, i believe we had a similar issue with Bleach

You need to be patient, the revision will cover this

Major changes to Naruto were banned. Normal revisions were still going through.

You repeated the "SCP is countless-dimensional" thing not even a few hours ago. I don't have many reasons to believe you'd have tried to correct this at all. Sorry.

I mean it's necessary, but redundant. Regardless, this is a vote based on majority, so if enough people agree with this, I guess it will go through.

But I do suggest that future SCP revisions about this kind of topic shouldn't be highlighted. I mean the verse is not as obscure as others and the change isn't insanely drastic. This topic has been brought up before, and I believe there are people who are well informed and ready to place their two cents should another thread like this arise.

Honestly, I'm fine if this goes through. What I'm not ok with is the highlight, which I feel was not needed.

@Kepekley

Would it be acceptable for you to simply participate in Azathoth's and Weekly's discussion, so you can collectively prepare a SCP revision thread instead?

@Kep No i remember us quite distinctly stopping ALL threads trying to revise Naruto that werent run exclusively by the staff/knowledgeable members.

Okay thats a really unnecessary comment.

@Ant

Yes, although I've already expressed my PoV in the matter that's being discussed here.

Back