• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scorpion Vs Wolf (Sekiro): Ninja vs Shinobi

Level of regen is unclear, but frankly overcoming that is as easy as reducing more and more bits.

So he can negate resurrection but not negate Low-Mid Regenerationn. Plus Scorpion has intangibility which he can use to phase through him, incinerating whatever part he touched in the process and resists or counters most of his abilities such as fire, poison and limited mindhax. I think its clear that Scorpion can win this one.

"He can negate Scorpion's survivability, come back from BFR, is arguably more skilled, and resurrect himself, ergo Scorpion wins".

What we do know is he negged the survivability of creatures who can live without heads. Mid and below isn't really a problem, either, when oen can overcome it by just making more mince meat out of the enemy anyways. So your vote can be considered valid, but you haven't really debunked anything.

If Wolf tries to slice him which would be bit more difficult considering his AP disadvantage, he can either use hellfire aura that burns melee attackers, use intangibility to phase through his attacks and burn him in the process, teleport, regenerate from his attacks (much easier to do in speed equal since he can regen from a skeleton as shown in his profile) and explode in a burst of hellfire or summon a firestorm for overkill.

A small advantage, aura isn't astounding, and he doesn't spam intangibility and teleportation. Either way a Deathblow will kill.

Did you read my post? He has Regenerationn from being able to recover from a bare skeleton, which is a higher level of Mid regen than what Wolf can nullify. And that's assuming he can cut him up into pieces if he catches hellfire when he strikes him, and his flames causes people comparable to Scorpion to cry in pain.

I never said anything about Scorpion needing to spam his abilities. He isn't Sans or anything like him but he still uses his teleportation in character . That's just a few examples of him using one of his well known abilities.

Also aren't Deathblows game mechanics? He only does those once he depletes their posture or vitality bar especially on boss units meaning he needs to beat them up before doing an instant kill. Plus he only oneshots fodder enemies

Mr. Bambu said:
"He can negate Scorpion's survivability, come back from BFR, is arguably more skilled, and resurrect himself, ergo Scorpion wins".

What we do know is he negged the survivability of creatures who can live without heads. Mid and below isn't really a problem, either, when oen can overcome it by just making more mince meat out of the enemy anyways. So your vote can be considered valid, but you haven't really debunked anything.
Time to reopen Dante vs Wolf

If Wolf can't negate regen, Scorpion can either KO or BFR. I still don't see how BFR doesn't work when Netherrealm is separated from Earthrealm enough for invasions, entries and exits to specifically require portals.

Also, if the realms aren't separate dimensions, what are they?

Yeah, I was thinking about Hanzo's BFR, it could be one of his best weapons against Wolf if he can't come back, I still don't understand why exactly Wolf can escape

Also, Scorpion have a good AP and Durability advantage

I'm unsure, Wolf can kill him but Scorpion have some problematic abilities, like summoning other demons, opening portals, Teleportation spam, and in 11 one of his main attacks even includes Intangibility, he doesn't need more than a few hits to kill Wolf, while the Shinobi will have a hard time to hit Hanzo thanks to his fighting style

Also I want to know how Wolf can negate fast acting Mid Regen by cutting him apart when he's casually 3x stronger.

Assuming we count it, I don't know how I feel about Scorpion getting Mid Regen through a fatal blow.

An ability he showcased in a fatal blow

Seriously didn't the dude die from a wound in the shoulder, which we used to justify his ressurection no less?

bruh it's right here, that is definitely not a fatal blow

Rez takes hours, which would not be enough for him to appear in the final battle. Seems pretty consistent with the comics

Poison also contributed to his death (he was injected with poison twice IIRC), plus this D'Vorah had enhanced powers because she was able to summon a bunch of big ass bugs that create tremors when burrowing (which she didn't have in MKX) so it's safe to say that her powers were much more potent than before

That's not proof that he doesn't have Resurrection

- In the comics, after he died, Takeda had enough time to bury the ShiraI Ryu before Hanzo's return, so his Resurrection takes time until he comes to Earth

- In MK11, everything happened in a short amount of time, so Hanzo didn't had enough time to come back

He was actually revived and teleported himself to Shang Tsung's island so he could kill Havik before going to the Netherrealm to dump his head to the demons. This happened before Takeda buried the Shirai Ryu

So, after reading their profiles, I might give this to...let's see:

First, yes, The Mortal Blade can kill Scorpion, bypassing his defenses against death like Regenerationn and etc, however, in my opinion, this is overestimated in these types of battle, and I'll tell you why: both fighters here are lethal characters by default, like Dante and Vergil from DMC, Zabuza from Naruto and Samurai Jack, they normally use swords/guns in combat which normally kill their enemies, they only need to hit them, and that's Wolf's problem here, the Sword can kill Scorpion, yeah, but this isn't a ranged passive hax or something, Wolf needs to hit Scorpion, making this scenario not that different between any sword fight, one clear slash, you're dead, but it's hard to land that slash

With that in mind, we must consider another factor, Scorpion's fighting style is specially complicated, thanks to his Teleportation and Intangibilty, and his durability is also a problem since he have a good AP advantage

But Dante, I'm sure Wolf also have Teleportation

Yes he have, but there's a difference between having Teleportation and having a fighting style based on it. If you read the comics, you'll see that Scorpion usually surrounds his enemies with attacks that are mixed with his Hellfire Teleportation, and considering that one of his main attacks in MK11 comes with Intangibilty, Wolf will have problems on landing a hit and that by itself makes his Immortailty, Regenerationn and Resurrection not thaaaaaaaaaaaaat useful, but please, I'm not saying that they doesn't matter, it's a matter of fighting style. And while Hanzo doesn't know about this ability, he's not like Dante or Deadpool, who relies on their Regenerationn to sometimes get hit and suprise their opponents, Scorpion doesn't do this, he'll try to avoid any attack. Also, Wolf will have problems to keep up with Hanzo, his Enhanced Senses apparently are for seeing in the Darkness, which doesn't help him in this case

BUT, there is a problem for Scorpion, while his fighting style makes him able to fight against Wolf, this Shinobi is also someone really hard to kill going by his profile, since...well

Resurrection, Immortality (Types 4 and 8: Bound by the Dragon's Heritage and will resurrect if he is killed. If he were to be killed several times, the Dragon's Heritage would steal a person's life-force in-order for him to resurrect without using too much of the Dragon's Blood.

Scorpion can kill Wolf in many different ways, since he have a good AP Advantage and Wolf doesn't have Regenerationn, but he have some interesting Immortality feats, that are similar to Hanzo (Both of them have Type 4, and Type 8 is probably even more broken), so yeah, Hanzo can't kill him with normal attacks, Hellfire, Swords, Penguins, doesn't work, buuut yes, you guessed, BFR might work. It's basically the only thing that Scorpion have to win this fight, and it is in his character to use, it's not his first move, but he will use.

But we have some different scenarios, if he kills Wolf before any BFR, he'll know that he needs this to end him, if he uses first, congrats Hanzo, you won, and both of this scenarios are on passive danger of getting hit by Wolf's Mortal Blade, and then GG

See ? Inconclusive it is

>penguins

wot

I like the reasoning but also in character this Scorpion doesn't kill but rather KO even if said opponent has beef with him, plus if he BFRs him to the 5th plane of Hell, Wolf gets twisted into a mad monster like this guy while having most of his powers and fighting skill drained from him. Just adding that

Yeah, his animality ma boi lol

So, considering this

in character this Scorpion doesn't kill but rather KO even if said opponent has beef with him, plus if he BFRs him to the 5th plane of Hell, Wolf gets twisted into a mad monster like this guy while having most of his powers and fighting skill drained from him. Just adding that

If he doesn't kill normally, then BFR might be more commo, also, KOing Wolf is also something useful for him since this will not trigger his Resurrection and he doesn't have Regenerationn to back this, basically losing the fight, and Scorpion might hit him first by the reasons I gave on the other post, plus AP Advantage

So, Scorpion is vote, high diff

Angeltripper said:
Wolf - 5

Scorpion - 2

Incon - 3

Things are really...heating up now.
Thans for Updating the votes, but you added +1 for Inconclusive, my vote is Scorpion going with my last post o/

Dante Demon Killah said:
Thans for Updating the votes, but you added +1 for Inconclusive, my vote is Scorpion going with my last post o/
Oh sorry, my bad! Thought it was 2 different people

Back