• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scorpion Vs Wolf (Sekiro): Ninja vs Shinobi

If that is unironically the best rebuttal there is for Scorpion then my vote remains.

I gotta ask, does this Mortal Blade even neg durability? Negating immortality isn't the same as that and it could be less useful since it isn't a OHK weapon

Your vote only consists of BFR and fatalities being useless and Wolf having higher move speed doesn't make sense since his profile only shows his reaction speed and not him outrunning lightning.

My point is, the only defense given is "Sometimes Scorpion will KO but also he's a Mortal Kombat character, the only game I remember in recent history in which a father will tear his daughter limb from limb for the hell of it" (Johnny Cage for father of the year btw).

Wolf has a means to incap, is highly skilled enough to do so, and has a direct counter to most of Scorpion's stuff.

Mr. Bambu said:
My point is, the only defense given is "Sometimes Scorpion will KO but also he's a Mortal Kombat character, the only game I remember in recent history in which a father will tear his daughter limb from limb for the hell of it" (Johnny Cage for father of the year btw).

Wolf has a means to incap, is highly skilled enough to do so, and has a direct counter to most of Scorpion's stuff.
Johnny killing Cassie is hardly canon.

of course it isn't but you damn well know they put it i

Mr. Bambu said:
>but he's a MK character

So I guess Johnny Cage walks up to his wife and tears her in half then proceeds to use her upper torso for a puppet performance during a friendly sparring session for the lulz

I gotta tell you this, not everyone in MK is a ****** and they aren't KoS kinds of people. Scorpion defeated Sektor until the cyborg was FUBAR, and he is the guy who planned the massacre of his family and clan alongside Quan Chi. Every person he had beef with MK11 was swiftly defeated and spared thanks to having some anger management session somewhere between the two latest MKs.

Wolf also doesn't have the physical stats advantage that I previously mentioned. Most of his attacks will be dodged via teleportation and this Scorpion is much more skilled than ever

Deathblow one shots dudes much stronger than Wolf. Also, Mortal Blade negates immortality if you're stabbed. Wolf just has to thrust the sword into Scorpion once and his immortality is negated.

And Scorpion is stronger than the feat he scales to, which is higher than what Sekiro scales to

That is assuming he can strike him with the sword when Scorpion teleports out of that

Wolf can teleport from back in time, and from a pocket dimension with monkeys, Netherreal BFR should be something he can come back from. EoG Wolf has fought teleporters and undeads and has all the skills of almost every other character in the game.

This not including all Wolf's tools which counter Scorpion's skills. Firecrackers disorient, Umbrella Shield blocks attacks that don't come from underground, the feather teleports Wolf if he gets hit, etc.

Scorpion summons hellfire or exploding demons below him if he uses the Umbrella Shield, blasts it with hellfire breath that vaporizes even metal or phases through it and melts it in the process

He teleports out of the firecrackers range and waits for it to stop

The tp feathers are pretty good items, but does he need to equip them in order to use it? He doesn't start this battle holding one.

Switching items is as easy as a flick of the wrist. Wolf also carries supplements to negate fire damage. Rice passively regens his health if he is put into a spot, sugars can boost his strength and vigor and even make him invisible to the point that only standing directly in front of Scorpion will alert him of Wolf's presence. If Scorpion is a demon, the Malcontent Ring will disorient him.

Scorpion can teleport strike by just thinking, that's definitely faster.

Do these supplements have feats of countering hellfire? This isn't ordinary flames we're dealing here.

Invisibility is nice, but it isn't presence concealment. His enhanced senses will allow him to sense his presence if he doesn't see his enemy plus it has really good range.

He is no longer a demon, just a human with powers of a wraith.

Wolf's reactions should be fast enough to intercept.

Yes, becauae Demon of Hatred is covered in hellfire and Wolf's items negate it.

It is presence concealment tho, Wolf can walk around and he doesn't make a sound. Trained shinobi are usually cluless until he backstabs them.

Then the ring won't work. But his other tools should still help him.

I've already said this, but Scorpion is above most of the people who are rated MHS such as Raiden (he even blitzed him with TP). A thought is still faster than any movement of the body too.

Is this hellfire comparable to Scorpion's? He can harm those who resist it such as his past self

If it doesn't conceal his presence, he still senses him anyways without needing to hear him thanks to being able to sense presences from far distances.

To respond to Xta,

Wolf has fought teleporters before. Scorpion teleporting isn't going to slow him down. Plus, if he bites down, he can kill himself and undo any damage upon ressurection.

It's... hellfire. I don't know what else to tell you. Also Demon of Hatred's fire is much more agressive than Scorpion's based on the fact that he torched his entire arena just by being there.

It does conceal his presence tho. I'll bring up the description later. I'm gonna go sleep now.

Okay, same goes for Scorpion. He fought his past self and his other half who frequently abuses tp during fights. I'm sure he is much more skilled seeing how he fought and won several times against the likes of Sub-Zero (who beat Goro and Kotal) and Raiden (I don't even have to say anything here)

Then Scorpion's fire is clearly better, he can burn through most of what Wolf has or even destroy him completely unless you can tell me he can come back from soul burn.

I've already read the description, but if Wolf gets very close to him he's up for a teleport spam beating.

Question, can he negate Mid regen?

I'm going to side with Scorpion here honestly. While Mortal Blade does neg immortality, it isn't the same as negating durability which is important since it needs to slice its way into the enemy for its effects to happen. Plus I don't think Deathblows have killed or injured enemies who are as strong as this version of Scorpion

Scorpion is really experienced by virtue of leading and teaching a clan of Shirai Ryu twice and by defeating Raiden, Sub-Zero and himself as his most dangerous and skilled opponents. Sub-Zero has fought and defeated several combatants who have thousands of years of experience with the feats to prove it, such as Goro who has been around for 2000 years and won 9 consecutive MK tournaments and conquered entire realms alongside his master (who is sometimes accompanied by his generals), Shao Kahn.

While sugars work similarly to the kind of presence concealment you see in the Fate series, it's not as good as that. He will be detected if he gets extremely close and that leaves him open to a burst of hellfire around Scorpion that can harm others who resist the element such as Scorpion's past self and his demon half.

His superior teleport makes sure that he won't be hit by anything that ensures Wolf's victory, and it only requires a thought for it to activate which is a very quick and convenient trigger for the ability. Wolf is immortal, but not immune KO or incap with a strong blow to the head. And that's more likely to happen because this Scorpion has canonically KO'd his enemies, even if they had something to do about his tragic life.

Uhh

If Scorpion has Mid Regen, Wolf can't bypass it.

That's why his fight with Dante was a stomp

EDIT: Annnnnnd it comes from a Fatal Blow, ignore me.

Myself, Ovens, Steve, Schnee, Sunlight, Nicco.

Firstly, the Mortal Blade is known to practically one-shot stronger enemies. It's the reason for the 8-B key, wherein Wolf practically instantly kills a target that has been otherwise ragdolling him. Furthermore, Scorpion really isn't remarkably more powerful, storms aren't far into 7-B and Wolf is very high into Low 7-B. So your first point is moot, hence disregarding it.

Wolf has better skill feats that sort of bypass the need for "lol experienced". Every Wolf thread has gone over this, so I don't really feel the need to copy paste the same "better than Gyoubu who killed army comparable to himself in AP one vs ten thousand" post.

"He will be detected" isn't an argument, Kredory.

Scorpion doesn't spam Teleportation enough to negate danger.

Wolf continues to stab to death FRA.

Scorpion is really high above Raiden's casual storm feat. He also scales to several people who have amps from soul stealing such as Revenant Liu Kang taking his human counterpart's soul strength, so he's above 12 megatons since souls in verse multiply the strength of those who do so.

You need to show me this skill feat, don't be lazy.

What doesn't make that an argument?

He does actually. It's really in character for him to do so.

Also what kind of immortality does the Mortal Blade actually negate? Because it may not negate Scorpion's since I'm not seeing the exact details of its immortality null

I was saying that I don't see the exact details of this ability. He can negate immortality via regen, but what level of Regenerationn can he negate? What kind of resurrection can he nullify?

Back