• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scholar of Friendship fight the Scholar of Mensis

Peppersalt43

They/Them
If I can't find a friendship problem... I'll make a friendship problem! : 0
Grant us eyes, Grant us eyes! Plant eyes on our brains to cleanse our beastly idiocy! : 0
They become really good friends : 7

I realize after some time that hax matches meant I don't actually have to care about tiers. So I present to you, the battle between two deranged scholars!

Alicorn Twilight used
Fight takes place in Nightmare of Mensis, 2 meters apart

Twilight's Journal #2563

A strange plague has ravaged through Equestria. At the start, victims began suffering from intense sweating, difficulty breathing, and skin irritation. Afterwards however, those unlucky will suffer from the next set of symptoms. Scales began to cover them, their limbs becoming fully engulfed while their intelligence dwindled. My friends have been evacuated by I cannot stand idle as this happened. Luna has located the source of this plague, a rogue dream belonging to someone not truly alive, bound to something within the dream itself. I will now be entering said dream.

Twilight's Journal #2564

After days of wandering and avoiding weird beasts, I discovered a building. It appears to be some sort of university? But the most intriguing of it all is the denizens or should I say, denizen. Inside was just one man, a human I think, wearing university robes. For some reason, he has a cage on his head. He says his name is Micolash. After explaining the situation, he invited me to his studies where he explained that he could find the cure to this plague.

He is a knowledgeable fellow and his teachings are intriguing. I think I'll be studying here for a while to try and find a solution to this. It's been a while since I've met someone as enthusiastic in studies.

Twilight's Journal #2568

I made a mistake

During our studies, we learned about this higher being. Kos or some say, Kosm. This thing seems to be exceptionally powerful with everyone in this university seemingly perishing in an attempt to discover more about it. While reading through their discoveries, I was able to come across something coherent, regarding the history of this thing. After its death in the hands of an organization, it caused the plague at the fishing hamlet and guess what it did?

The villagers were twisted into fish-like amalgamations

Twilight slammed her journal shut, approaching the decrepit man hunched over his books, reading through one with manic precision.

"Ah, Kos... Or some say, Kosm... Do you think she hears our prayers?" asked Micolash, turning towards his friend.
"Micolash, you need to stop. This dream, it's hurting the world outside. Please, we need to leave this place" the purple alicorn reasoned, trying to get him to stop.

"No, we shall not abandon the dream".
"I promise you'll have a fair trial. We can go back to doing this, I have a school, and a giant library with a lot of books! Please, just stop!".

"Stop? No one can catch us..." said the scholar, raising his hands "And no one can stop us now!".

Last edited:
Deranged sounds about right for Twilight, albeit maybe a bit extreme imo. Gonna watch for now cause I don’t know anything about the other guy.

Gonna watch for now cause I don’t know anything about the other guy.
Oh but I do

Micolash starts with the Augur of Ebrietas, a tool which partially summons a portion of Ebrietas. She is a great one, a higher being capable of inflicting Madness Type 3 simply by looking at her (Micolash is already insane so he's unaffected). Which is useful since Twilight one-shots

Twilight starts with magic blast and since that's an insta-kill, we won't really see any of her other haxes
Okay, so I guess then it depends on how fast Micolash can get the summon out cause if it’s not fast enough, “Starswirl the Bearded” can pull a pretty effortless and quick win.

Micolash can get the summon out cause if it’s not fast enough
It's mind based (Still needs to be aimed but he's currently starting with his arm raised) so decently quick. Just a partial glance even if Micolash is already dead should be enough to drive her mad

It's mind based (Still needs to be aimed but he's currently starting with his arm raised) so decently quick. Just a partial glance even if Micolash is already dead should be enough to drive her mad
That makes it sound incon…but in another light of this specific scenario Micolash is dead and Twilight is not…wow my brain just blew a fuse.

Is micolash 100% guaranteed to start with the summoning

Anyways Twilight blitzes is he able to think before Massively FTL+ magic beam one shots?

Also is the summoning even instant?

Anyways Twilight blitzes is he able to think before Massively FTL+ magic beam one shots?
I mean thinking speed is often something that can't be quantified and is often the reason why thought based activation is the fastest type
Also is the summoning even instant?
The way it works is that it creates a small portal where the tentacles sprout from (Probably leading to Ebrietas herself). The portal is instant, the tentacles need to grow but can probably be seen already

I mean thinking speed is often something that can't be quantified and is often the reason why thought based activation is the fastest type

The way it works is that it creates a small portal where the tentacles sprout from (Probably leading to Ebrietas herself). The portal is instant, the tentacles need to grow but can probably be seen already

I don't think Massively Hypersonic guy can think fast enough to win against Massively FTL+ combat speed and attack speed tbh!

In speed equalized I'd honestly give the edge slightly to Twilight because the portal slows down the process just a little bit.

can you give me an example of it happening? Like a video or scan?

And when Grace ends, we can see how the story plays out for an Incon.
Well then, grace is over. I'll add this now

End of story

Twilight's Journal #2569

Micolash exploded the moment I shot him. It was unexpected but I do remember humans being much more flimsy than ponies. But that doesn't matter, not at all. What matters is what I saw when he attacked. He created this small portal leading somewhere. I think tentacles were supposed to grow from it but I also got to see where they come from.

That thing... It was enormous, and magnificent! Just looking at it, it felt like the secrets of the universe were being poured into my mind. A being so great and intelligent and yet... It seemed so, lonely. In hindsight, it reminded me of who I was, so knowledgeable yet lacking any companionship... Because of that, I must contact it, I must discover where it is, I must know more about it! Maybe, maybe we'll both learn something, right?

Twilight shut her journal, preparing to teleport to Canterlot castle. Many other books were splayed down her library, filled with mad scribbles of the Great Ones above. Before she could leave, she suddenly turned around, finding Pinkie Pie standing behind her.

"Gah! Don't scare me like that" said the purple alicorn.
"Sorry, Twi. I just wanted to say, everyone's doing way better lately. Do you want to decorate your celebration cake with me?" asked the pink pony.

"No time, no time! I have made a great discovery. Maybe later, I promise. What was the line again, uh... Inflicted heart, blood full of flies. Inside where there should be eyes" Twilight promised before teleporting away.
"That's... not how it goes. And I thought I was crazy" Pinkie Pie commented before noticing an open notebook, depicting one of her friend's discoveries.

After a quick greeting to the princesses, the purple alicorn began rambling about her discoveries, joyous as the time she first discovered the magic of friendship. She told tales of higher knowledge, insight normally forbidden to those below, of a race creatures high above, so great and majestic with one simple detail, that was merely scratching the surface. The princesses were both interested and worried, having seen creatures of such caliber with their mind intact. The plague however was a sign that maybe they should at least try to see where they come from

"I'll keep my friends in the dark until I can learn to safely interact with these things, they're not what I need right now" said Twilight, pointing at her head

"What we need, is eyes on the inside".

Suddenly Pinkie Pie busted into the room, panicked and distraught

"Twilight, help! I invited this big slug thing to a gender reveal party and now everyone is going insane!" she said.
"Or Pinkie Pie I guess" the purple alicorn continued

Well then, grace is over. I'll add this now

End of story

Twilight's Journal #2569

Micolash exploded the moment I shot him. It was unexpected but I do remember humans being much more flimsy than ponies. But that doesn't matter, not at all. What matters is what I saw when he attacked. He created this small portal leading somewhere. I think tentacles were supposed to grow from it but I also got to see where they come from.

That thing... It was enormous, and magnificent! Just looking at it, it felt like the secrets of the universe were being poured into my mind. A being so great and intelligent and yet... It seemed so, lonely. In hindsight, it reminded me of who I was, so knowledgeable yet lacking any companionship... Because of that, I must contact it, I must discover where it is, I must know more about it! Maybe, maybe we'll both learn something, right?

Twilight shut her journal, preparing to teleport to Canterlot castle. Many other books were splayed down her library, filled with mad scribbles of the Great Ones above. Before she could leave, she suddenly turned around, finding Pinkie Pie standing behind her.

"Gah! Don't scare me like that" said the purple alicorn.
"Sorry, Twi. I just wanted to say, everyone's doing way better lately. Do you want to decorate your celebration cake with me?" asked the pink pony.

"No time, no time! I have made a great discovery. Maybe later, I promise. What was the line again, uh... Inflicted heart, blood full of flies. Inside where there should be eyes" Twilight promised before teleporting away.
"That's... not how it goes. And I thought I was crazy" Pinkie Pie commented before noticing an open notebook, depicting one of her friend's discoveries.

After a quick greeting to the princesses, the purple alicorn began rambling about her discoveries, joyous as the time she first discovered the magic of friendship. She told tales of higher knowledge, insight normally forbidden to those below, of a race creatures high above, so great and majestic with one simple detail, that was merely scratching the surface. The princesses were both interested and worried, having seen creatures of such caliber with their mind intact. The plague however was a sign that maybe they should at least try to see where they come from

"I'll keep my friends in the dark until I can learn to safely interact with these things, they're not what I need right now" said Twilight, pointing at her head

"What we need, is eyes on the inside".

Suddenly Pinkie Pie busted into the room, panicked and distraught

"Twilight, help! I invited this big slug thing to a gender reveal party and now everyone is going insane!" she said.
"Or Pinkie Pie I guess" the purple alicorn continued
Why is this actually good?

Back