• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling AP to Striking Strength 2 (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just a couple of questions

What about creating pocket dimensions?

What about character that only use physical attacks despite being shown to be capable of combat-applicable feats?

Ok. So check the verses (I think I can do it myself though two or three people will be better), then contact the experts and analyze each.

Any magic they need effort to perform scales above what Artemis did. And Titans like Atlas are able to tank Artemis's arrows with no problem.

It depends how a Constellation is created, if someone punched or threw someone or something, and that thrown/launched object exploded into a constellation due to the force of getting hit hard, then striking strength might be okay. And yeah, pocket reality creations may be iffy. Destroying a pocket reality through raw power or surviving a pocket reality's destruction probably still scales, but simply creating one that's not an illusion is probably just AP unless proven otherwise.

Kepekley23 said:
Any magic they need effort to perform scales above what Artemis did. And Titans like Atlas are able to tank Artemis's arrows with no problem.
Sounds like headcanon.

Star-brightening =/= magical attacks. Star-brightening isn't even combat-applicable.

I already changed the striking strength page explanation, and am not sure if more is necessary.

This blog is widely exaggerated and not remotely aligned with how the discussion went and the conclusion that was taken. Your approach is basically "It never scales, let's revise the entire Wiki!". I'm not sure what gave you that idea?

You are also completely ignoring the concept of case-by-case, and acting like all of these series were just randomly scaled to the feats that they are with no discussion and that they are all wrong.

The simple fact is we have a blog with a list of verses that may or may not be affected. We have something to work with and something that we can adjust. That's all that matters as of now.

The problem is that what you propose in the blog is far too drastic, and completely, 180-degrees opposite to what the wiki's standards have been for the last 2 years or so. Basically you are saying that Creation, Reality Warping, Weather, etc. feats can never scale to AP or Durability. Which is just plainly wrong.

What do you mean with "Should not powerscale to other stats"?

The agreement was that those are legit AP feats, you only need evidence before scaling them to Striking Strenght/Durability.

Same thing for super powerful attacks except that you need evidence to say that they scale to general AP too

As Dark649 said, it was just a suggestion, not a rule. I am also uncertain about this though.

The blog seems alright, pretty sure not everything will be affected but seems well written enough. I agree that we should all remain polite; so just mention other verses that might be effected and/or explain with reasons why the ones listed either won't be or at least the effects are rather limited.

I also don't agree with Dark idea (yes i know it's just a suggestion and not something enforced on us) because for the most part, it goes against our standards (there are many other various reasons, but this one is one of the most important ones) and will end up only in messy results

Of course, no offense to Dark, that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back