• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sayori Vs. Basil (DDLC Vs. OMORI)

I would say Basil since he's a man but than I remember that he is a pussy so ima gonna vote icon since both are virtually useless and featless
Doesn't Basil have the feat of facing against Sunny enough to send him to the hospital? which is a lot more then Sayori has just going off the profiles

Incon FRA, Both of these characters are pretty featless and Basil in the real world doesn't even have any feats while the headspace version of him does.

This matchup idea is even more phenomenal than Sayori VS Ned Leeds.

I feel like Basil would win this matchup. My premise is that Basil is more mentally unstable than Sayori and Sayori is more gentile than Basil, therefore Basil is more likely to fight and win in this situation where it is mandatory to fight even though the characters wouldn't be likely to fight in the situation. Warning; I will be analyzing the cognitions of the characters, which includes their overwhelming feelings of self-loathe, so brace yourself if you want to read further.

Although Basil is generally timid, he is more prone to using violence since he's done that twice before, once as a kid to help Sunny avoid trouble by framing Mari's murder as a suicide, and once as a teenager where he had a mental breakdown trying to get rid of Something (the manifestation of his guilt/trauma) by attacking Sunny. Another instance shows Basil having a non-violent breakdown after he found out that Sunny was moving out of town, further demonstrating that it's common for Basil to be unhinged. Basil is also used to being bullied by Aubrey before a misunderstanding was cleared up, so he is likely to be on guard in public. His sadness can lead him to killing himself. Something may have been around Basil when it happened, but that character is supposed to be a personification of negative emotions, not a corrupting force beyond the characters. Although Basil doesn't have his gardening shears, he could find something in the hallway like a pen to use as a weapon, especially since him being good at gardening means he is probably good with his hands to some extent in this way. Sayori may be more physically mature than Basil, but that isn't useful when she hasn't shown any useful physical conflict knowledge at all. Sayori is a kindhearted sweetie who prefers to settle conflict with positivity, and the most combat experience she's been shown to have is getting smacked in the face with a cookie in a safe social interaction. She's just a normal slightly clumsy schoolgirl, so she would be too unprepared to engage in combat in an effective way. She doesn't normally have violence on her mind. As shown in two conversations with the protagonist, her depression doesn't seem to stem from any sort of event that caused it, and the effects are that she feels downcast which she hides, and that she feels internally conflicted due to having simultaneous feelings of selfishness and emotional deprivation, causing some sort of aching. Also, Sayori didn't independently kill herself, so her urge for violence is more difficult to emerge than Basil's. Monika was implied to have recommended that Sayori should kill herself, and the reason Sayori went through with the plan was because Monika supernaturally edited Sayori to amplify her negative trait in an attempt to get rid of her.

It's unfortunate for Sayori to lose, but I feel like the battle would simply be Sayori ineptly blocking Basil's inept attacks, until Sayori would lose. Sayori would at best try to push Basil off of her, but Basil could potentially use an object in the location to help him win faster, while Sayori probably wouldn't think of that nor be familiar with using an object to fight. If both combatants are completely in character, then neither of them would fight, but since they can't simply stop fighting due to Standard Battle Assumptions which also dictates that the characters see each other as enemies and will attempt to win the battle, we need to determine which character is more likely to fight, and I think that character is Basil for the reasons explained in the previous paragraph. I vote for Basil to win.

I counted the votes, and currently there are 9 votes for Basil winning and there is 1 vote for the matchup being inconclusive that remained after people changed their minds. It has been multiple days since this has been the case, so this matchup can be added to the profiles of the characters now.

Brasil FRA
EueQzcwXAAIEED9.jpg

Back