• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Savage Opress vs Kanan Jarrus

While Savage is an apsolute beast that's mostly due to his AP and endurance basically blowing through the opponents defenses to basically execute them. Now this isn't to say Savage is without skill, it's just he isn't the juggernauts other characters in Star Wars are.

Overall this really depends on how Kanan approaches the fight, he tries melee, he's getting run the hell over by Savage's AP advantage. He spams force powers, he wins.

I think Kanan's in-character against Darth Vader of all people isn't going to be his in-character against someone who might as well be a really big and buff dude with a lightsaber that's trying to rush his ass down, but if he does prefer melee against something like Savage then the ladder probably wins.

Your response actually made more sense then I initially thought. Do you think that Kanan would use his force powers against Savage Opress? (Heads up in that case. His profile is outdated and he isn’t a particularly skilled and experienced force user to deal with situations like these. As Kanan quickly becomes afraid. If that would even matter in this fight).

I mean what gets Savage by is his endurance, so yeah, throwing him around with force powers works especially since he can pretty easily spam them as Savage kind of doesn't use his own force powers very often in direct combat at all.

I know Kanan isn't what his profile says he is lol

Correct me if I’m wrong but Savage Opress is brainwashed. Doesn’t that mean that he could resist Mind tricks if Kanan attempts one? Throwing Savage Opress around with Force powers only makes him more angry, and anger makes him stronger.

Savage himself was never brainwashed

Being stronger doesn't mean jack squat if you've only used the thing that could possibly get you out of this situation in direct combat like once or twice max.

He was brainwashed by Mother Talzin to obey all of Asajj Ventress’s duties, not sure if that counts for anything, in this fight.

He was mind manipped into doing that if I recall, which he then proceeded to break out of like 1 or e episodes regarding him later.

Wouldn’t that also allow him to break out of Kanan’s mind control ability (If he even gets the chance to use it). I’m 100 procent sure that Savage will rush into Kanan. And I don’t think that Kanan will attempt a mind trick on him if he is scared. They will probably engage in lightsaber combat. Who is more skilled in lightsaber combat? You could potentially make a argument for both.

Kanan's not going to be using a ****** mind trick on Savage he's going to TK him, if I was scared I wouldn't want a guy who looks like a yellow Demon anywhere near me.

As for who is more skilled, it doesn't matter, Savage blew Anakin and Obi-Wan back with sheer AP, not skill.

Savage's raw Force potential is also nothing to scoff at. I don't think Kanan has a chance against someone who is essentially the Jack Hanma of Star Wars and presents himself as a clear threat to even a Jedi Master such as Obi-Wan.

Savage has my vote.

Except he kinda, ya know, practically never uses it. Also the only reason he's a real threat to most characters at 8-A, is cause he has a higher AP then most of them, for instance, Dooku completely trashed him with his force lightning, and that's someone who never blew Anakin and Obi-Wan into the wall with AP. That's why I'm generally split on who wins.

Back