• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sauron vs. Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious)

Darth Sidious
Darth Sidious

Sauron
Sauro

Battle to the death. Both are bloodlust and want each other dead.
Battle takes place on Tatooine, in the middle of nowhere. Neither have anything from their armies on their side.

No prep time. Neither know who the other is.

Sauron has the Great Mace (which is magically enchanced) and Palpatine has his lightsaber. Sauron has the One Ring (should it suit the battle; i.e. if it is him at his most powerful, or his standard equipment)

I personally think this could go either way.

Round 1: Sauron vs. The Emperor (Disney Canon)

Round 2: Sauron vs. The Emperor (Legends)

Round 3: Sauron (at his most powerful) vs. The Emperor (at his most powerful)

Sauron: 4

Emperor Palpatine: 0

Tie: 1

Although Palpatin has the slightly higher attack ptency due to assumptions, I'm giving it to Sauron because of his superior magic. Emperor Palpatine's Sith powers is amazing, it is limited to the near omnipotent powers of Sauron, who can control the very Earth itself.

Also, Sauron is far more durable. Palpatin can destroy spaceships, but Sauron is strong enough to take damage from Valars and Gods of the Middle Earth. Sauron takes all rounds IMO.

Elgb333 said:
Although Palpatin has the slightly higher attack ptency due to assumptions, I'm giving it to Sauron because of his superior magic. Emperor Palpatine's Sith powers is amazing, it is limited to the near omnipotent powers of Sauron, who can control the very Earth itself.
Also, Sauron is far more durable. Palpatin can destroy spaceships, but Sauron is strong enough to take damage from Valars and Gods of the Middle Earth. Sauron takes all rounds IMO.
Thanks for answering.

There are zero battle feats for Sauron (at least in the movies) and we dont really know how powerful he is with the ring. I mean what magical powers does he even have and how does he uses them ? But I would say this:

R 1: Sauron (Higher AP and dura)

R 2: Sidious (hax advantage and much higher AP)

R 3: No idea

Elgb333 said:

- Sauron is far away being near omnipotent

- Palpatine can basically destroy planets, a little more than spaceships

- "At least Country level (Took hits from beings of his own level, Required destruction of an island to kill his weakened physical form)" Seems those Gods arent that strong compared to Palpatine

Meosos said:
There are zero battle feats for Sauron (at least in the movies) and we dont really know how powerful he is with the ring. I mean what magical powers does he even have and how does he uses them ? But I would say this:
R 1: Sauron (Higher AP and dura)

R 2: Sidious (hax advantage and much higher AP)

R 3: No idea
Due to them both winning one, I'll count your vote as a Tie. Thanks for answering.

Round One: Sauron via magic (soul manipulation, shape shifting, self-resurrection ridiculousness, mastery of corruption) and sheer durability.

Round Two: Probably Palpatine, due to much higher combat speed and higher AP.

Round Three: Sauron at his most powerful is during the Song of the Ainur, where he's a high-class cosmic entity that helped to create the universe (possibly multiverse, there are speculations). This version absolutely stomps Palpatine.

That's 2/3 in favor of Sauron, one of the rounds overwhelming.

The vividen if it isn't stated in the profile that Sauron is universal then provide evidence why he is.

I didn't say he was universal, I just said he helped to create the universe as an Ainur. And honestly I'm not sure why that's not included in the profile. It's on the Valar but not the Maiar, even though the Maiar had a similar (if smaller) role. My guess for Sauron at his absolute strongest would be multi-solar-system, likely higher since he was one of the strongest of the Maia.

Why it's not there maybe because we haven't found the information for that or something else? Helped create the universe would be multi Galaxy+

I'll look through the relevant passages in the Silmarillion and start a separate thread on Sauron's page. Thanks for reminding me.

Large planet is still waaay lower than *at least* Star level. And once that Silmaril calc gets through, Sauron will probably be upgraded to Solar System level with the other high-tier Maiar and anything else that scales to Carcharoth or Ancalagon.

Changes have happened again, and this time, it's looking ugly.

Round 1: Obvious stomp. Disney Sidious is pathetic compared to Sauron in every single quantifiable way, and his hax are weaker here as well.

Round 2 and 3: Sidious is now Large Star level and Relativistic with Speed of Light reactions, and he still has all of his hax from the last time this thread was brought up. Sauron gets handled.

Sauron has a definent hax advantage.

He is not as ridiculous as Darkstalker, but transmutation (Do you know how OP that is?), teleportation and summoning/necromancy can destroy any hax Sidious has.

Star level is a pretty big low-ball for his AP. His current stats are without the ring, not with it. Even without the ring he stomps Arien and is a match for Eonwe.

With the ring he fought Manwe, and was enourmously stronger than his base form. I say it goes like this:

Round 1: Sidious is killed in a thousand different ways before he can think (Sauron probably has instantaneous reactions).

Round 2: Sauron via hax and better AP

Round 3: Sauron fought Manwe. He stomps.

Damn i've missed a ton in my absence, anyway as for the fight itself i feel it goes something like this Round 1: Sauron hilariously spites via AP, Dura and general Haxx. Round 2: This i'd give to Sidious via AP and Haxx i don't think its a stomp but Palpatine would take this. Round 3: Sidious once again takes this for much the same reason as before so ultimately i'd say Sidious all around is the victor.

MasterOfArda said:
That sounds more like an outlier then anything imo. Maiar are meant to be vastly inferior to their Valar counterparts and while Sauron is possibly the most powerful of them all i doubt that even he can challenge a full powered Manwe as i have seen no consistent indicators in Tolkien's writings. Though i could have skimmed over something.

Hellbeast1 said:
That sounds more like an outlier then anything imo. Maiar are meant to be vastly inferior to their Valar counterparts and while Sauron is possibly the most powerful of them all i doubt that even he can challenge a full powered Manwe as i have seen no consistent indicators in Tolkien's writings. Though i could have skimmed over something.
Maiar are not vastly weaker than Valar.

There is line that says they are comprable.

Plus, Eonwe, who was far weaker than ring-Sauron, fought Morgoth

MasterOfArda said:
Hellbeast1 said:
Maiar are not vastly weaker than Valar.
There is line that says they are comprable.

Plus, Eonwe, who was far weaker than ring-Sauron, fought Morgoth
Are you refering to the final battle in which Morgoth was ultimately defeated(I forget the name). If that's the case, it's not a great indicator, because at that point in time, Morgoth would have been vastly weakened. He had been growing ever weaker and more bound to the earth for centuries or millenia at that point in time.

ThatCrimsonTomcat said:
Are you refering to the final battle in which Morgoth was ultimately defeated(I forget the name). If that's the case, it's not a great indicator, because at that point in time, Morgoth would have been vastly weakened. He had been growing ever weaker and more bound to the earth for centuries or millenia at that point in time.
He regains his power, so his still Multi-Galactic at that stage.

Back