• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I went to the only scan that describes her immortality. It made it very clear that it’s only based on eternal life. It never says she can’t die through other means.

It’s possible she wasn’t sealed simply because she was just too powerful. It might not have to do with her immortality.
This is absolutely completely untrue, you've made an error in your reading.

She can't die. That's why she was sealed. She literally lost to Reid, Volcanica, & Flugel's combined efforts, but they couldn't end her life.

I still don't understand how Asta nulls the miasma NGL. The madness effect is not magical in nature.

Someone said it affects things in the surroundings. If the miasma stops 4km away from Asta, then how is it supposed to affect Asta exactly?

What's that?
Also Asta resists time stop.
I need proof that Asta can immediately and passively nullify the mana from 4KM away before he gets incapacitated by looking at her. It's type 3 madness which affects you via sensory perception. It doesn't need to be near him.

I need proof that Asta can immediately and passively nullify the mana from 4KM away before he gets incapacitated by looking at her. It's type 3 madness which affects you via sensory perception. It doesn't need to be near him.
He's not getting affected by Miasma full stop. He still has the destroyer sword which will split cause/ effect abilities. Nullifying magic from 4km away is likely an application of the demon slasher sword. The range is crazy.

He's not getting affected by Miasma full stop. He still has the destroyer sword which will split cause/ effect abilities. Nullifying magic from 4km away is likely an application of the demon slasher sword. The range is crazy.
Provide a scan of it working passively from that distance.

What?

I need YOU to explain how Miasma can affect things 4 kms away from it. Her profile literally says it does it by touching people

"The Miasma invades the minds of anyone it touches, annihilates their flesh, and corrupts their soul. The majority of people will go mad and die within 30 seconds of exposure to a Witch's Miasma."

If you're trying to say it's akin to a cloud of gas spreading around 4 kms away from Satella, and and anything within that area is affected, then it is completely different from what you're implying here

You don't need to be able to sense it, it just affects anything in it's presence.
And then you have this post which says the opposite of what you're claiming. (I'm not even sure it qualifies as type 3 but whatever)

Regardless of which, even if the madness effect itself isn't magic/Mana, it still comes from a magic/Mana based energy. Negating non magical effects derivated from magic is something Anti-Magic has shown to cancel.

I need YOU to explain how Miasma can affect things 4 kms away from it. Her profile literally says it does it by touching people
3: Cognition: Those who possess this type drive others insane as a side-effect of the nature of their being, with the very act of looking at or attempting to perceive them being enough to send victims into a state of madness or terror. More extreme forms are capable of outright killing those who suffer from their effects.

The mind invasion soul destruct thing is what happens if it actually touches you. But even just experiencing the presence of miasma is madness inducing.

The mind invasion soul destruct thing is what happens if it actually touches you. But even just experiencing the presence of miasma is madness inducing.
Ain't no way....

This is a description from the wiki, just because the wiki is listing that as type 3 doesn't meant anyone with type 3 can automatically do it.

You need evidence within the series material that looking at the Miasma from kilometers away can drive you insane.

Her Miasma is effectively an aura. Satella's specifically has polluted the entire desert where she is sealed. Approaching her Evil Sealing Stone Shrine is stated to be death sentence. So the Miasma has a range of a few kilometers.

Her Miasma is effectively an aura. Satella's specifically has polluted the entire desert where she is sealed. Approaching her Evil Sealing Stone Shrine is stated to be death sentence. So the Miasma has a range of a few kilometers.
Yeah it's an aura, but you need to be within the AoE of the aura to be affected, right?

Its the range of her aura, what èxactly is not clear about it
What wasn't clear is that you had to touch it to be effected OR you had to see it to be effected. If this is something that once an opponent can sense it, fear is induced - then this has no effect on Asta.

Why? Because you're assuming that Asta can sense a power system similar to energy. Incorrect, he's using ki to sense organisms. Just like negative mana is an energy system WITH AURA similar to mana, Asta isn't catching a whiff of it.

Just posting this, a guy has a magic that works like an aura that attacks you, Asta just walks

And the Miasma has to penetrate that, the effects has to surpass antimagic skin, the antimagic flowing from Asta's body and if Asta is in devil union, the condensed antimagic armor of said form

Plus, if Asta has to feel or sense the Miasma, he has to use ki to that, which informs him first of what is gonna happen if he do that, because he can't sense energy systems without using Ki, only the pressure related to someone flexing his energy

I'm still unsure about whether Antimagic neutralizes Miasma or not, but I'm fine to say it does so we can move to a different topic of how the fight goes.

Here's the quote of a lesser Witch's Miasma if you want it, though:
“—Well then, the 30 second countdown begins now.”

The moment she perceived that they had accepted her terms, Echidna stroked her long-white hair, narrowed her dark eyes, and glared at the men.

“───”

All of the men looked like they had no idea what had just happened. In their eyes, it must have looked like the child in front of them who looked to be around 10 years old had suddenly turned into a beautiful girl with white hair. However, before the men could get an answer to their question, they started succumbing to the abnormality that assaulted them one after another.

“Kah…ku.”

The man holding the machete fell to his knees. His eyes darted around all over the place, not focusing on any one thing, and then began foaming at the mouth. A similar phenomenon occurred not only to him, but to all the men surrounding her as well. The eighteen men in Echidna’s line of sight were unable to resist her Witch’s Miasma and thus in great agony.

The men scratched and tore at their necks, rolled their eyes back into their heads, blew foam out of their mouths, convulsed, choked on their tongues, split their own heads open with their weapons, buried their heads in the snow, and died in agony in various other ways.

“—Exactly thirty seconds.”

Having finished counting the 30 seconds she’d promised them, Echidna looked around. There was nothing but men lying motionless in their own blood and vomit. Unfortunately, there hadn’t been any among them who could endure the thirty seconds of hell and qualify to be the Sage that could reign over the six Witches.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but Enhanced Senses or ESP isn't needed to be effected by Miasma. It effects all living things, and even pollutes non-living things.
How can he do that if the miasma is 4KM away ?
Ladies and gentlemen. Observe. These are unnoficials, but they do the job anyway because focus on what's going on.

EXIBIT A:

Screenshot_20231201_121007_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231201_120814_Chrome.jpg

We are shown Asta's ability to slice magic from many km away which can ALSO cancel out AOE. I'm sure we all remember these panels very well folks, just to jog our memory a tad.

EXIBIT B:
Screenshot_20231201_120440_Chrome.jpg

Why what's this? A passive aura around Asta that protects himself from aura and AOE?!

And thank's to Kazuma's panels which he beat me to it, the panels he displayed show Asta unnaffected by aura. Mind you mana and magic still affect the surroundings, physical and non physical. Asta just can't read it full stop cause there's nothing for him to use to get a read on on it.

According to scan those men were surrounding a witch therefore stating that they don’t need to be near a witch is outright wrong. You can not just use vsbw definitions to push a narrative that doesn’t exist. Focus mainly on what the scan says as what a character can do, our P&A is only a frame of reference.

The scan states that the men went mad due to being unable to resist the witch’s miasma. This directly means that the miasma affected all the men in her presence and NOT the nature of the witch’s presence itself. This shouldnt even be Type 3 as nothing in the scan states the men had to perceive her nature, they just have to physically be in her presence. This should be indexed as “Aura” since our madness manipulation page definitions do not accommodate Aura based abilities.

Therefore, Asta can stand in her presence because his Anti Magic erases Mana.

Match can be closed. If people don't think that the madness works then that's all I really wanted to know.

Satella isn't fun to use in matches beyond that. She's a big unknown.

For all we know she might have High-Godly regeneration because not even body, soul, mind erasure can kill her.

Or maybe she spams time reversal to resurrect infinitely.

She's not made many appearances in the novel.

Back