• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Majin Buu

I dont care enough to make an entire thread, im just bored lol. I think majin buu doesnt have a soul because he isnt human or a monster, so you cant really say yes or no, its a grey area but im leaning more towards the no side because he is made of magic (some people say he also existed since the beginning of time, but it isnt fully explained). Someone like goku would be far more likely to have a soul than buu.

Also uhh... I said level 20 chara is "basically 1000000x stronger" than lvl 19/10 because of "the absolute". Chara implies they have reached the absolute pinnacle of power able to be gained through killing others, and the fact that they destroy reality (or at least the universe in question) when one level ago they could barely fight a teleporting skeleton is a pretty huge difference.

You can't just say that Buu doesn't have a soul just because he is from another species, you need to show the scan in which they say that Buu doesn't have a soul.

Wait, isn't Majin Buu made entirely out of magic? I'm not a Dragon Ball fan or anything, but I doubt Magic would have a soul.

Monster are made of magic too...

They starts don't change or get higher they only had limited range,speed and hax and the last seems like you are saying "he isn't this tier because make no sense" when Sans is directly the hardest character of the game and Chara biggest battle during genocide (srry if this was rude)

Exactly what im saying - There is no proof he has or hasnt got a soul, im just leaning towards the no side because he is made of magic and isnt even a "species", and the only beings shown to have souls so far are humans and monsters. But again, this is the problem with inter-verse fights, you cant really cross over every rule and expect a winner because it doesnt even make sense.

Noodlepun said:
Exactly what im saying - There is no proof he has or hasnt got a soul, im just leaning towards the no side because he is made of magic and isnt even a "species", and the only beings shown to have souls so far are humans and monsters. But again, this is the problem with inter-verse fights, you cant really cross over every rule and expect a winner because it doesnt even make sense.
All characters are assumed ti have a soul unless stated otherwise.

Noodlepun said:
It's called "Verse Equalization": https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions

We assume a character to have a soul unless they logically shouldn't.

A robot, for instance, obviously doesn't have a soul (Unless the work explicitly says that they do).

The Everlasting said:

A robot, for instance, obviously doesn't have a soul (Unless the work explicitly says that they do).
Why can't robots have souls?

Well, Karmic Retribution is a whittling effect, but Buu could probably beat Sans even with speed equalized with really high difficulty mainly because Buu has no morals restricting him from destroying something like the planet if it comes down to it.

LoyalservantofInti said:
The Everlasting said:

Robots aren't living beings meaning they don't possess a soul to make things such as concious decisions

PlozAlcachaz said:
LoyalservantofInti said:
The Everlasting said:

Robots aren't living beings meaning they don't possess a soul to make things such as concious decisions
http://www.businessinsider.com/this...hat-only-humans-could-handle-until-now-2015-7

DerpCity said:
@Paulo Its not listed on their pages apparently, but its listed on Weekly's Blog linked on the Verse Page.
Why can't it be listed on their pages? It would prevent confusion, for example, I've never read this blog before and never knew that the gems had this immunity, so, if we put the gems against someone who had Soul Manipulation, I wouldn't know that they have this, because I'm only looking at the character's profile, not at a blog on the verse page.

@Paulo Didn't mean to imply it can't be listed on the pages, just that I remembered that it was listed they didn't have souls somewhere. This is derailing the thread though.

Ok, since this has basically turned into "does buu have a soul?", im just gonna say what i think would happen in the actual fight.

Soulless Buu - KR doesnt really affect him meaningfully because he can physically regenerate. Could easily counter gaster blasters with solar system level energy attacks and could turn bones into candy or blast them away. Fight goes on for a while until Sans gets tired and relies on teleporting. Buu gets pissed that he cant catch him and blows up the planet, or figures out a way to absorb sans.

Buu with a soul - KR Would eventually kill Buu if he is hit - which is extremely likely considering how cocky he is. It is an over-time thing however, so Buu might be able to catch Sans off guard with absorbtion or the candy beam, but that is unlikey considering Sans knows not to mess around with him.

DerpCity said:
@Paulo Didn't mean to imply it can't be listed on the pages, just that I remembered that it was listed they didn't have souls somewhere. This is derailing the thread though.
Well, if they really don't have souls, then, it should be in their pages, or else people may not know of this blog, and some people who are aware of it, may think that it wasn't accepted ot something, since it wasn't added to the articles.

Noodlepun said:
Ok, since this has basically turned into "does buu have a soul?", im just gonna say what i think would happen in the actual fight.

Soulless Buu - KR doesnt really affect him meaningfully because he can physically regenerate. Could easily counter gaster blasters with solar system level energy attacks and could turn bones into candy or blast them away. Fight goes on for a while until Sans gets tired and relies on teleporting. Buu gets pissed that he cant catch him and blows up the planet, or figures out a way to absorb sans.

Buu with a soul - KR Would eventually kill Buu if he is hit - which is extremely likely considering how cocky he is. It is an over-time thing however, so Buu might be able to catch Sans off guard with absorbtion or the candy beam, but that is unlikey considering Sans knows not to mess around with him.
I'll count the buu has a soul vite because the assumption that we go by here is that characters have souls unless stated otherwise.

What's the vote count. Don't count votes saying buu doesn't have a soul because nothing in universe says he doesn't have a soul.

Welp Probably Gonna stick with Buu because of regen and Well bones and gaster blasters would probably just make buu mad .-.

THEN THE PLANET IS GONE

gonna count votes now .-.

Buu 3 (Janemba901, PenMight and The Narwhalking)

Sans 0

Inconclusive 1/2? (Me and uh... Paulo?)

now i got a question would buu still be alive after his soul is destroyed?

Speed is equalised

And everyone can oneshot sans. The problem is hitting him before he imapes and soul haxes you

Monarch Laciel said:
Speed is equalised

And everyone can oneshot sans. The problem is hitting him before he imapes and soul haxes you
Yes, i forgot that, but Buu still stomps, he is planet level and Sans is somewhere island

Again, Buu has no morals and easily has the range to slaughter Sans. Sans has only avoided opponents in close combat. He's never dealed with ranged attacks which Buu has plenty of. Destroying something like a planet would be obselete to someone like Buu but fatal to Sans.

AP and dura means nothing in sans fights, because sans will get oneshot by any being stronger than 9-C, but he also ignores durabiliy on a level that can soul hax a multiversal being

Monarch Laciel said:
AP and dura means nothing in sans fights, because sans will get oneshot by any being stronger than 9-C, but he also ignores durabiliy on a level that can soul hax a multiversal being
Isn't his durability just Game Mechanics?

No, check stats are canon and show his relation in power to other monsters. He has 1 atk and 1 def. He will be one shot by anyone

Sans whole schtick is that he screws with some game mechanics to fight you. It's like limited applications of reality warping, on top of the SOUL magic everyone can do.

Back