• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs. Genesect

Genesect.

Using his speed, he can dodge sans' attacks and (I think) techno blast can counter gaster blaster. Even if sans dodge his attacks, Genesect can learn Magnet Bomb and Lock On, two techniques that always hit. Sans' bone attacks are (possibly) ground-type (I say this because of Bonemerang and Bone Rush), it would not be effective because of Magnet Raise, another technique that genesect can learn.

Result: Genesect won by perfect

^Gameplay mechanic and just wrong stuff

First of all Genesect is a fuckton slower, being High Hypersonic instead of At least MHS+ like Sans is, so it's borderline a blitze.

Secondly, "Never misses" is gameplay mechanic, so is the ground type immunity. Magnet Raise is just...flying. And Sans can disable it even then using Blue Soul.

And it's not like he will have the time to pull out all that stuff.

To be fair, you're assuming that Blue Soul would override Magnet Rise. All your other points are right though.

Frisk can "levitate" too, yet Sans can pin him down. There isn't much reasons why Magnet Rise wouldn't be affect, as again it's just leviation.

Not like it even matters, because Sans' attacks don't fall under Pokemon typing just because they are bones.

Not to mention Bonemerang makes no sense because Cubone throws the bone at targets, so it could logically land on flying types.

^That too. The logic that flying types is immune to ground is pretty much just based on Earthquakes, which is clearly what Sans' attacks aren't.

I highly doubt Frisk can levitate, or else Bird Who Carries You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap would be obsolete, and Toby would've made a much bigger deal about it. And don't get me wrong. You're right. Sans would stomp Genesect back to the prehistoric era. I'm just stating it's unfair to think that Sans' ability is more powerful than Genesect's. Not like it matters though. Was this really brought up because of bones?

Well, even with Magnet Rise disabled and Sans having the first attack, a hit of Zap Cannon and Sans is Paralyzed, giving time to Genesect

Saikou The Lewd King said:
^That too. The logic that flying types is immune to ground is pretty much just based on Earthquakes, which is clearly what Sans' attacks aren't.
Dig, Bulldoze, Drill Run, Earth Power... take your pick?

-cough- Shadow is a dark type. -cough-

And how will he hit him...? Sans is like 51 times faster than him. By the time the Zap Cannon would even have moved one meter, Sans would have moved 51.

Sans never does anything like that with his bone powers, there's no reason to assume he could.

Basically what Saikou stated. Genesect probably never had bones to begin with, due to the fact that he's an insect and therefore an invertebrate.

Back