• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Doomguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is resistance. It's the definition of it. They are more resistant to their soul being broken. And again, no selling Flowey absorbing every soul in the underground.

Sans' whole ordeal is ignoring a soul's ability to tank damage by doing a set amount of minuscule damage over and over on contact. And Sans' attacks are made to abuse the dodging. Once he jumps into he will already have been hit, and bones would be coming from the sides, after which ghaster blasters would come too. He has zero way to know how these work, and he will die in a few seconds of exposure to the attacks.

And what proves the dude can jump higher than the bones? Or really start dodging mid-air once projectiles start coming from there?

Sure, 200% HP. But even assuming his soul is equal to that of an Undertale human, and those guys warp reality through sheer soul power, that's only 40 HP against Sans' 30 HP per second plus KR.

That is like saying Undyne's attacks are static because they are in her fight, despite her backstory being about how she attacks Asgore specifically to counter his dodging, or how outside of battle she changes her aim and such to hit Frisk better. Again, game mechanics aren't taken on here, else doomguy wouldn't even be able to attack outside his turn.

First of all, he teleports just to joke around. He literally appears, talks to you, and as you walk forward he is there to ask you if you are following him. There is no purpose in doing that besides his sense of humor, so with his life on the line he would do it. Secondly, the fact that even with tea that boosts your speed and multi-hit attacks he easily dodges your attacks and mocks you for it when no other monster is able to despite them stating that they usually dodge mid-battle certainly helps the idea that he is being casual.

And what do you mean game mechanics? He does 30 HP damage per second, the fact that frames don't exist in the real world won't change that he does 1 damage every thirtieth a second.

And Undertale monsters are well aware of modern technology with the exception of Asgore who is the butt of the joke of being an old man, he knows what a rocket launcher is. His brother uses a missile as a trap on the bridge.

If you are implying Flowey's dialogue at the beginning is a tutorial non-canon to the actual story, then no on that. There is nothing that implies that moving soul is the same as moving the body, or else blue mode would make no sense to begin with, and Flowey's initial dialogue is as canon as the ones he gives you after a reset. It's easy to move it around since Frisk got it right away. And if it is just tied down to normal movement, doomguy will be unable to dodge a good deal of attacks that need mid-air movement.

I did, those attacks were still nothing special. There was no great dodging going on there, the character just run in straight most of the time and went zig-zag for a little bit. Sans makes literal walls of attacks, his bones appear near or under Doomguy instead of Sans throwing them, Doomguy won't even see half of the attacks unless he keeps swirling around, which will make his dodging worse regardless.

Frisk doesn't have a 360 vision, but they still deal with attacks from all directions all the time, see Undyne's fight. Frisk being able to deal with it does not mean doomguy can.

And so what? His 9-A key still has access to lower tier weapons, and his shotgun certainly is higher up in the tier than the chaingun is. The weapon he will use is up in the air regardless.

Sans is 9-B physically, so it really doesn't matter. Even the pistol will wound him seriously, and nobody uses the Pistol. The chaingun would actually be really bad news for him, as it shoots very fast, and would likely be among the hardest weapons to dodge.

Doomguy doesn't get oneshot because of soul gimmicks, he gets oneshot cause he's 9-B versus a 9-A attack and bones go through his armor. All this talk about soul and HP really doesn't change that.

Sans absolutely isn't casual in the genocide fight, he dicks around to try and annoy you into leaving- as in, stop resetting and trying to kill him. But between how complicated his attacks get, and how tired he gets at the end, it's safe to say he's going all out.

Doomguy is good at dodging, could probably deal with some minor danmaku, but Sans leads by slamming his foe on the floor then shooting bones out of it. He really has no way to see the bones coming, since they aren't even telegraphed in-game.

Armorchompy said:
Sans absolutely isn't casual in the genocide fight, he dicks around to try and annoy you into leaving- as in, stop resetting and trying to kill him. But between how complicated his attacks get, and how tired he gets at the end, it's safe to say he's going all out.
I didn't mean that he is holding back, obviously. I meant that he didn't need to waste stamina to dodge something he can already dodge easily.

Oh yeah, fair enough. But even then, he does fail to dodge an attack of the sort twice in a row, even if tired. A chaingun or a plasma gun are like, the same attack thousands of times in a row.

Armorchompy said:
Oh yeah, fair enough. But even then, he does fail to dodge an attack of the sort twice in a row, even if tired. A chaingun or a plasma gun are like, the same attack thousands of times in a row.
I mean, he didn't have that problem with multi-shot attacks like the revolver, plus at least projectiles leave him with plenty time to react and think with a several tens of meters for distance. A close range shotgun shot is obviously beyond him, but if he sees a series of bullets that he knows he can't dodge coming at him, I find it hard to believe he will not do what he casually does in snowdin for a joke.

I think he's more likely to teleport the bullets away tbh, he doesn't do either but I feel that's more in-character. But yeah, he can use teleporting to dodge, though I don't think it'll happen 100% of the time.

Incon. I would give Sans the win due to Supersonic+ reaction speed, but since speed is equalized, like most Sans fights, it would boil down to whoever gets the first attack.

Vsbattler said:
Incon. I would give Sans the win due to Supersonic+ reaction speed, but since speed is equalized, like most Sans fights, it would boil down to whoever gets the first attack.
Yes, but Doomguy's range is much longer.

Not really, why would he cover the entire hall, when Frisk/Chara is always trying to close in and stab him? Doomguy's range is about ten times larger, that's why I think he wins.

Armorchompy said:
Not really, why would he cover the entire hall, when Frisk/Chara is always trying to close in and stab him? Doomguy's range is about ten times larger, that's why I think he wins.
What..?

How is that a reason for why he wouldn't cover the hall with range? His sideslam easily goes in for that long, and his ghaster blasters strech on for the whole screen too.

And range alone is really a non-factor. Sans literally starts the encounter by teleporting close to you, and he teleports Frisk too by the end of the fight. That combined with the fact that several tens of meters of distance give him plenty time to dodge Doomguy's attacks means that range will not be much of any factor in this fight.

We don't treat it as if he has all that range. If you disagree, feel free to make a CRT and have people who care about it more than I do explain why you're wrong.

Sans does not start the encounter by teleporing towards you, Sans does not teleport himself once in the entire fight. If by that you mean him appearing from behind a column, first off he could just have been hiding there, but even if that wasn't the case that's still not a mid-fight teleport.

Some of Doomguy's attacks, such as the chaingun, are gonna be really difficult for him to dodge. Not saying he won't, but he certainly has a chance of getting hit by them.

Sans' magic is actually very good at shredding 9-As (not insta kill via soulhax, but the durability shredding will definitely kill Doomguy quickly) and the Blue Mode will make it difficult for him to aim, much less use a weapon he doesn't start with. Vote Sans.

Doomguy totally dies if he gets hit... but his range is several kilometers, while Sans has tens of meters. Including blue mode.

At least dozens of meters via bone attacks, significantly higher via Gaster Blasters and teleportation to an unknown extent

I don't know how large you think the judgment hall is, but one end isn't more than thirty meters away from the other at most. Fourty if you stretch how tall Frisk is.

He starts it by teleporting next to you from behind a pillar ("behind" from the player's perspective). No, he could not have been hiding there, the way the columns are animated shows you the point where he was standing on before you reach right next to it, and he also decides to teleport away from there in all instances not genocide route. It's not mid-fight, but you never go outside of his range, and it's annoying for people to assume that Sans will not use an ability he easily can and instead will knowingly take death over it.

Some could be difficult to dodge, but with the massive distance Sans would need to actively see them, decide to not teleport and just die. At a closer range his chances of dodging wane a lot, but the bullets are moving as fast as he moves, no way he is getting caught off by them.

Plus, once again, the Judgment hall is small enough for Sans' attacks to reach doomguy, which means that he starts by slamming and stabbing the guy through from below. Even if both attack at the same time, Doomguy's shots need to travel tens of meters while Sans' attack will already have hit. If Doomguy is in Sans' reach, he will hit the dude since he doesn't know to jump.

Fair enough, I'll vote for sans as well- though the "doesn't know how to jump" is kinda stupid.

Armorchompy said:
Fair enough, I'll vote for sans as well- though the "doesn't know how to jump" is kinda stupid.
Not that he can't jump, physically. That is obviously false.

That he doesn't know bones are about to emerge from underground, so he doesn't know he should jump.

Oh, I thought that was a reference to how you can't jump in Doom 1 and 2.

Adem Warlock69 said:
they'll both hit each other and die, Inconclusive
Except all the reasons I gave for why Sans can dodge easily?

Even assuming the Doomguy is using the chaingun, his fire will cease after he is slammed on the ground and killed by the bones, and dodging five shots all aimed towards the same direction, each needing to travel several tens of meters equal in speed to Sans is not difficult.

Wait I'm gonna have to retract my vote for now. Is it really true that the unmaker only has 8-B AP against demons?

Depends on which one.

The unmaker isn't the same as the Unamkyr, one is stated to be of demon origin and the Unmakyr is of Makyr origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back