• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Doomguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible Sans could count as a Demon, via verse equalization, but I doubt it

Armorchompy said:
It's possible Sans could count as a Demon, via verse equalization, but I doubt it
Not really, monster doesn't equate to demon.

In the game of Undertale, Sans is seen dodging a single ATTACK. Just ONE ATTACK that he can anticipate. How can this fat bonehead even have a sliver of a chance against the Doom Guy? Hell no, Doom Guy takes it, hands down. Besides, if you are to think about it, the Doom Guy, in terms of Undertale stats is one speedy bastard and Sans possessing what? Teleportation? That's seen only out of combat, nowhere else within combat range. Pit his laziness as well and on top of that, his Gaster Blasters can be easily destroyed, if they are to be actual constructs that fire linear beams. Meanwhile, the arsenal of the Doomguy? Boy howdy, I think a Plasma gun would do the trick here!

Six, with the gun, and as it was explained above. He can easily anticipate attacks equal in speed to him that need to cross several tens of meters to reach him.

Speed is equal, so that is not an argument either.

Sans does use it mid-combat, literally making you unable to even try to attack him. Arguably he also teleports when he slams you side-ways for a long time and he keeps appearing without actually moving with you.

He will not be lazy in a fight, he employs standard battle mentality, and he only ever fights in one way.

And, lastly, Sans one-shots with an attack that comes from underground. The Doom Guy has no idea of this, so he will shoot a few bullets and find himself killed from being stabbed from below.

Jaakubb said:
Are you sure unmaker wouldnt one shot sans?
No, he's not a demon, demons =/= monsters.

Monsters are made of dust and magic, demons have a more physical presence and cannot be compared to monsters.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Six, with the gun, and as it was explained above. He can easily anticipate attacks equal in speed to him that need to cross several tens of meters to reach him.
Speed is equal, so that is not an argument either.

Sans does use it mid-combat, literally making you unable to even try to attack him. Arguably he also teleports when he slams you side-ways for a long time and he keeps appearing without actually moving with you.

He will not be lazy in a fight, he employs standard battle mentality, and he only ever fights in one way.

And, lastly, Sans one-shots with an attack that comes from underground. The Doom Guy has no idea of this, so he will shoot a few bullets and find himself killed from being stabbed from below.
Thing is, his laziness makes him a poor combatant to begin with. In terms of speed, he only keeps up through his Gaster Blasters and teleportation in general. No wonder why I absolutely loathe VS battles, after all. Imposing rules on certain characters, which you'd know that they're more than capable of taking the cake. I concede this argument unto you, also Sans is never truly seen to run at all, in addition to his teleportation that can easily tire him out further than usual. I still stand by my words that Doom Guy would've had an easier time, despite what Sans brings to the table. Playing in character to the characters themselves would certainly yield different results...Regardless, I bid you a good day and stay healthy out there!

Abstractions said:
Jaakubb said:
Are you sure unmaker wouldnt one shot sans?
No, he's not a demon, demons =/= monsters.
Monsters are made of dust and magic, demons have a more physical presence and cannot be compared to monsters.
After DOOM Eternal, it has been revealed that demons are actually soulless husks that have been mutilated and transformed into monstrous creatures, used by The Essence of Hell. Corpses, in a sense.

LeoDnir said:
After DOOM Eternal, it has been revealed that demons are actually soulless husks that have been mutilated and transformed into monstrous creatures, used by The Essence of Hell. Corpses, in a sense.
Haven't finished Eternal, but this doesn't necessarily change that the Unmaker from the original games isn't the same as the Unmaykr, which specifically loses effectiveness the less something shares to demonic origin. Sans having nothing in relation wouldn't suffer from the Unmaker, not that Doomguy prefers other weapons anyway.

Abstractions said:
LeoDnir said:
Haven't finished Eternal, but this doesn't necessarily change that the Unmaker from the original games isn't the same as the Unmaykr, which specifically loses effectiveness the less something shares to demonic origin. Sans having nothing in relation wouldn't suffer from the Unmaker, not that Doomguy prefers other weapons anyway.
Don't forget about the BFG 9000, which is capable of eradicating and disintegrating life-forms. The Unmaykr is merely used for the Kahn Maykr, a practical divine entity that can be likened to an angelic alien species of cosmic origin. Besides, it is powered by Argent Energy, which is technically the Essence of Hell funneled through the purity of the Wraith energy from Argent D'nur. Soul-powered energy, basically, so I'd say that it doesn't lose effectiveness against Sans AT ALL. I don't see it being only effective against the hordes of Doom!

Again, Unmaker =/= Unmakyr.

Never forgot about the BFG, I was agreeing that it would be higher on his priority list to use before touching something like the Unmaker.

Abstractions said:
Again, Unmaker =/= Unmakyr.
Never forgot about the BFG, I was agreeing that it would be higher on his priority list to use before touching something like the Unmaker.
Ah, sorry about that! Regardless, I perfectly agree that the BFG would be the first on the list that the Doomguy would use..and funnily enough, it seems that the "Doom Slayer" is indeed Doom Guy, which DOOM Eternal succeeded in revealing his identity upon us. Freaking awesome!

bruh, is this a ******* joke? are you seriously comparing a guy who tanked bullets and defeated a infernal army of demons,whose average soldier is strong enough to rip a arm,killing several demons with his own fists, to a guy who can die of the slightest fall? AND SAYING THAT THE GUY WHO CAN DIE WITH THE SLIGHTEST FALL WOULD WIN?????!!!

bruh, is this a ******* joke? are you seriously comparing a guy who tanked bullets and defeated a infernal army of demons,whose average soldier is strong enough to rip a arm,killing several demons with his own fists, to a guy who can die of the slightest fall? AND SAYING THAT THE GUY WHO CAN DIE WITH THE SLIGHTEST FALL WOULD WIN?????!!!
Sans actually wouldn't. He has human level durability. He'd survive a fair fall.

And bullets=/=Magic that targets the soul and negs durability. Sans was decided to be able to dodge enough to overwhelm Doomguy with durability negation.

Impeccable arguing skills.

Massive necro just for someone to rant about an old versus battle they never took part in, and not even making valid points.

cry-about-it-cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back