• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans LS and TK CRT

Well, I wouldn't scale Sans to Papyrus' final/strongest, special attack, it should be standard to conclude that this is something he trained and practiced for to be able to do, and the fact that the rest of his attacks aren't as notable is something.

Think about it as if this was any other verse, the brother having this stronger version of the same power they share intuitively shows that he can do that, not that both can do that. We do know Papyrus trains, he's not good at it but he does it, whereas Sans is lazy. It makes sense for Sans to use cheaper, yet more effective tactics.

I'm pretty sure the body is in the same place as the soul, and that therefore moving the soul moves the body, having LS due to it (It's still not TK as it moves "the soul, thereby the body connected to it" rather than the body).

Evidence in favor of this:
  • Battles start and end with showing Frisk's soul in their body, the soul moving in the battle itself (Implying it either moves outside the body or both move in the same place);
    • Nobody attacks or comments on Frist's body during battles, even characters trying to capture them or kill them while being able to fill the screen with attacks.
    • If battles were to start with Frisk's soul outside their body, the body should be nearby, yet characters almost never get away from the place where the battle starts.
    • Frisk uses weapons and clothes in battles, so likely his body uses them, yet when the battle starts their soul is shown to participate until the battle is over.
    • (Is there evidence that battles make Frisk take physical damage?)
Evidence against this:
  • Against Asriel's second phase, Frisk's body is paralyzed as their soul is able to dodge attacks, before breaking free of the paralysis.
Conclusions:
  • Souls are connected to the body in battles, the case with Asriel is either an outlier or not being able to move their body was exaggerated for having difficulties moving it, which were then overcame short after it.
  • Or, humans can do both things. In Deltarune, a game made by the creator of Undertale using the same characters, similar mechanics yet different rules on diverse things, the human Kris can both battle with his soul inside his body and be possessed, have his soul tossed away & still move with it, which may potentially support this.

I'm pretty sure the body is in the same place as the soul, and that therefore moving the soul moves the body, having LS due to it (It's still not TK as it moves "the soul, thereby the body connected to it" rather than the body).

Evidence in favor of this:
  • Battles start and end with showing Frisk's soul in their body, the soul moving in the battle itself (Implying it either moves outside the body or both move in the same place);
    • Nobody attacks or comments on Frist's body during battles, even characters trying to capture them or kill them while being able to fill the screen with attacks.
    • If battles were to start with Frisk's soul outside their body, the body should be nearby, yet characters almost never get away from the place where the battle starts.
    • Frisk uses weapons and clothes in battles, so likely his body uses them, yet when the battle starts their soul is shown to participate until the battle is over.
    • (Is there evidence that battles make Frisk take physical damage?)
frisk can tank soul attacks as physical damage, that is why they have soul hax resistance i believe, making their body stronger also makes the soul stronger

if i understood your point correctly, are you suggesting that monsters take the soul out of the body to attack it?

Evidence against this:
  • Against Asriel's second phase, Frisk's body is paralyzed as their soul is able to dodge attacks, before breaking free of the paralysis.
  • Conclusions:
    • Souls are connected to the body in battles, the case with Asriel is either an outlier or not being able to move their body was exaggerated for having difficulties moving it, which were then overcame short after it.
to ad a point, the soul cannot move through the option menu during the fight as well

• Or, humans can do both things. In Deltarune, a game made by the creator of Undertale using the same characters, similar mechanics yet different rules on diverse things, the human Kris can both battle with his soul inside his body and be possessed, have his soul tossed away & still move with it, which may potentially support this.
i can agree with this

if i understood your point correctly, are you suggesting that monsters take the soul out of the body to attack it?
No, Frisk fights with their body, their soul is inside, and monsters have the ability to target the soul with their attacks. So Frisk's body gets tossed around because of it as their soul is connected to their body, like their actual, biological heart is being dragged around and that thus moves the body.

Not to mention that Frisk "eats food" to heal their self in battles which makes no sense if they were just a soul.

No, Frisk fights with their body, their soul is inside, and monsters have the ability to target the soul with their attacks. So Frisk's body gets tossed around because of it as their soul is connected to their body, like their actual, biological heart is being dragged around and that thus moves the body.
I am saying that sans TK isnt normal because he cannot lift rocks or objects with it but can only use it to souls and hearts if that makes sense.

I agree, it's not TK due to it not being proven, it's Soul Manip. It's not even a Unidertale-only thing, any verse can have Soul Manip good enough to move around souls yet not good enough to rip it out of a body, thus moving the body because the soul is moved. It's very understandable.

..then again, Sans did beat the soulless Flowey many times. I would believe this implies he has as much capabilities against him rather than having them cut due to not being able to toss Flowey. I believe "Likely" TK should do because of this.

I agree, it's not TK due to it not being proven, it's Soul Manip. It's not even a Unidertale-only thing, any verse can have Soul Manip good enough to move around souls yet not good enough to rip it out of a body, thus moving the body because the soul is moved. It's very understandable.

..then again, Sans did beat the soulless Flowey many times. I would believe this implies he has as much capabilities against him rather than having them cut due to not being able to toss Flowey. I believe "Likely" TK should do because of this.
Yes. He has a weird Tk which ignores LS and another unknown one

I think we're about done here. Can somebody quote the changes that will be made before applying them? Do I need to make a small blog going over the matter of UT fights with Frisk's body & soul?

Wait now were making it 'likely telekinesis' instead of outright telekinesis? i thought this crt was about his LS, not the questionability on whether he has telekinesis or not.

I think we're about done here. Can somebody quote the changes that will be made before applying them? Do I need to make a small blog going over the matter of UT fights with Frisk's body & soul?
i think a blog would be good, since this kind of stuff is kind of complicated to understand at first glance

Wait now were making it 'likely telekinesis' instead of outright telekinesis? i thought this crt was about his LS, not the questionability on whether he has telekinesis or not.
Its because his telekinesis is not normal telekinesis. It is a LS ignoring soul hax that lets him move his opponent which doesnt make sense to call it "Telekinesis" since he cannot move objects only souls with it

A blog would be nice to show why sans can ignore enemy LS

Its because his telekinesis is not normal telekinesis. It is a LS ignoring soul hax that lets him move his opponent which doesnt make sense to call it "Telekinesis" since he cannot move objects only souls with it
So it's soul based telekinesis.

Im unsure why this is being questioned. It's still relevant to be in his powers and abilities.

I meant that what he did to Frisk is likely what he did to Flowey, rather than having another form of power he used against Flowey.

So, can somebody quote the changes that will be made before applying them? (Write here what will go in the profiles, I say "yes"/"change this bit" to that, and then it's applied)

So, can somebody quote the changes that will be made before applying them? (Write here what will go in the profiles, I say "yes"/"change this bit" to that, and then it's applied)
Likely Telekinesis (Sans has shown ability to move the players soul around with his hand movements but it is unknown if sans can actually move inanimate objects. Since sans only moves the soul unless the opponent is resistant to it sans can move them even if his opponent has superior lifting strenght.)

I propose: Likely Telekinesis (Shown the ability to move the soul of a possessed Frisk around with hand movements, but it's unknown if he can actually move objects. Defeated Flowey off-screen, presumably repeatedly, which likely implies he had the same moves as he had against Frisk, despite Flowey lacking a soul, assuming Sans didn't defeat Flowey with the rest of his moves)

• "the players" is someone else.
  • Ill advised to rename them many times, it's not wrong but it's undertood with pronouns.
  • "unless the opponent is resistant to it" this is standard so it doesn't need to be said.
  • "can move them even if his opponent has superior lifting strenght" this is also standard for TK, unless the weight of the foe itself (not its LS) is above what the TK can lift.

"can move them even if his opponent has superior lifting strenght" this is also standard for TK, unless the weight of the foe itself (not its LS) is above what the TK can lift.
Should we add that then? I also want to ask wouldn't sans ignore the weight because he moves the soul?

I mean Class 25 LS still helps Sans if he is facing characters that resist Soul Manip and their powers are related to their souls. Like for example Mob Psycho characters

I mean Class 25 LS still helps Sans if he is facing characters that resist Soul Manip and their powers are related to their souls. Like for example Mob Psycho characters
Ik but I feel like sans needs to ignore weight with TK since its soul based

Back