• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh man. This guy is different from the Akeladden I know...

I'm thinking he wins, via having better superhuman characteristics and higher speed.

Bump

After looking for myself, I found This in a respect thread for Askeladd. Going with that...

While Askeladd's physical strength seems to be superior to Sandor's, (superhuman vs low superhuman), Sandor has far superior armor and should have a better sword as well, if the Vinland saga stays true to the time period, it being high middle ages vs ASOIAF's late middle ages (both have armor-cleaving striking feats, but still, time period differences makes Sandor's slightly more impressive). Because speed is equalized, equipment I see as being the deciding factor here, which Sandor wins out at.

Otherwise, similar stamina, similar reach, Askeladd doesn't have fire... I'm giving it to Sandor, high-diff.

Kinda a bump since it's not a stomp

I'm going to note that unlike Sandor, Askeladd has fully superhuman strength, he cut a fully armored dude in half (vertically, which makes it even more impressive) and could somewhat match Thors who is > young Thorkell who can punch through walls

And the type of armor Askeladd has is plate armor, which protected him once from an axe

Well, Thors was holding back as he didn't want to kill Askeladd, but Askeladd did manage to slice him once, as well did he dodge some attacks, although a restrained Thors still gave him the work. I also don't think that Flashback Thorkell was capable of punching through walls back then, but Thors is regardless a monster in a duel.

But yeah, Askeladd should take this.

Of course Askeladd is barely comparable to Thors because Thors didn't even want to kill him

Young Thorkell could chop through a wall with axe in the flashback IIRC

So Flashback Thorkell>Askeladd? Who knows, idk. The scaling in VS is just weird->Thorfinn dodging an attack from Thorkell->Garm blitzes Thorfinn later on->A Thorkell in his late 50's who misses fingers and an eye kept up with Garm, for example.

(Actually now that I think about it, Askeladd knows about Thorkell since years and considered him invincible, so I guess that speaks volume about the Flashback Thorkell>Askeladd deal, although I'm not sure how strong Askeladd was in the flashback where he remembers seeing Thorkell at the battle of mordon)

Askeladd is certainly not in his prime during the events of him fighting Thorfinn, but Thorkell keeps improving to fight stronger and stronger opponents

The only reason Thorfinn was winning against Thorkell was because he's very small and dexterous, and Thorkell has a big problem keeping up with small guys. Thorkell could one shot him (he never really landed a hit) but he's too big to keep up with someone around 70cm shorter than him. Garm wasn't small so it was no problem, and Thorkell sometimes tends to hold back

I guess his prime was when fighting Thors? I mean, he managed to cut a full armored dude in half and beheaded 2 dudes at once in the present, wonder how his prime looked like.

Garm is apparently 180cm, I honestly expected him to be smaller. Even outside the size difference, Thorfinn is known for his speed and managed to dodge Thorkell's attacks, but then gets blitzed by Garm, who then an older Thorkell who misses fingers and an eye can keep up with. I guess aging just works differently for Thorkell.

Probably, it was 11 years before he was fighting Thorfinn (around) so he may be in his prime

Idk. His best feat which is cleaving entire house in half is better than his 9-B feats before the time skip but maybe he dropped in speed or something

Back