• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Holo (Spice & Wolf) vs Askeladd (Vinland Saga)

So the Holo profile is anime/manga mix? Manga goes in a different route from the anime, even in similar scenes they changed things (characters being the biggest one), also what about the novels?

This is a weird matchup.
So the Holo profile is anime/manga mix? Manga goes in a different route from the anime, even in similar scenes they changed things (characters being the biggest one), also what about the novels?
Didn't know her profile was that bad. Yea, the anime, manga, and novel are pretty different from eachother, so her profile should be reworked.

It's the canon version, but makes use of tertiary canon rules for the sake of calcs.

The novels are main canon tho, anime adapts from the novels and manga followed to a point what the anime had with differences in scenes, then did its own thing

Like the scene Holo and Lawrence are chased and becomes a wolf later, the character behind all this isnt the same or how the two main characters meet the other for the first time

The novels are main canon tho, anime adapts from the novels and manga followed to a point what the anime had with differences in scenes, then did its own thing

Like the scene Holo and Lawrence are chased and becomes a wolf later, the character behind all this isnt the same or how the two main characters meet the other for the first time
Yeah, but read the rules regarding tertiary canon. Using the manga to scale book feats is allowed even if the book has some differences in other things.

You gotta make it at least more obvious with the canonicity on her, especially in the images of the profile, the manga, novel and anime have her look different especially the face

Also i dont remember exactly if some stuff where in the novels, but in the anime for example Holo could tell apart two coins if they had some composition in them by her ears or that she can tell lies too

If you have an image from the novel you prefer, I can change the image. Remember that the image should be official, in colour, full body and have no text or anything obstructing the character. Although, the current picture is from the novel's artist, so I really don't see the problem with it.

Both telling apart coins purity by ear and telling apart lies are things she can do in the novel. That's why the profile mentions it.

Anyway.... anyone got on opinion on the actual fight?

I meant to add images for the diff other medias she is in, this case manga and anime, if you gonna use from them things too

Slipped my sight they were written down there, would rather had them put in p&a instead

Anyway i prolly see Holo win via size and fear she causes in people, tho the other guy has range and intelligence over her

The standard format has an optional Gallery section. Feel free to add it and put as many pictures there as you wish. I think for the top just 2 pictures are better. Mobile perspective and so on and so forth.

Those things are feats of enhanced hearing, so P&A wise it's part of enhanced senses. Feats and explanations are better put in the feats or Notable Techniques section. It makes things a better read than to have them in the wall of text P&A.

Back