• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones Upgrades Part 2

This calc about the White Walkers being unfazed by fireballs was accepted at 9-A (31,787,135 Joules), which would upgrade the White Walkers, the characters who scale from them, the characters who scale from characters who scale from them, etc (Basically almost all the "At least 9-B+"):
Beric Dondarrion, Brienne of Tarth, Gregor Clegane (First key), Jon Snow (First key's durability and Second key), Sandor Clegane, Smalljon Umber, Thoros of Myr, Tormund, Wights (Bears)
It would also scale to Valyrian Steel and Dawn, with its users being: Arthur Dayne, Daemon Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jon Snow and Jorah Mormont

Characters who would upscale to "At least 9-A": Gregor Clegane (Second key: stronger than before and easily overpowered Sandor), Night King and Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun/Giants (Stronger than Smalljon, who is stronger than an enraged Jon and Tormund)

Characters who would downscale to "At most 9-A":

What evidence do we have of the White Walkers being able to harm those capable of harming them?

What evidence do we have of the White Walkers being able to harm those capable of harming them?
I didn't think on that. Well, Valyrian Steel can easily cut through them along with their armor, so if the AP of the White Walkers doesn't scale to their dura Valyrian Steel should

I didn't think on that. Well, Valyrian Steel can easily cut through them along with their armor, so if the AP of the White Walkers doesn't scale to their dura Valyrian Steel should
White Walkers are specifically vulnerable to Valyrian steel, just like dragonglass, so that doesn’t really work either. I don’t think anything should scale here but the White Walkers’ durability.

Dragonglass makes them slowly crumble while Valyrian steel instantly shatters them.
Here a White Walker died much faster by dragonglass than in the clip you shared, plus I don't think both cases are comparable considering that Jon bisected the White Walker while Sam just stabbed him. Also I don't know what is the relation between the skin of the White Walkers, which is what is affected by Valyrian steel and dragonglass, and their armor, which is for protection.

Btw, could their weapons scale from their durability? Since they can match blows with Valyrian Steel without being affected or damaged

Here a White Walker died much faster by dragonglass than in the clip you shared, plus I don't think both cases are comparable considering that Jon bisected the White Walker while Sam just stabbed him. Also I don't know what is the relation between the skin of the White Walkers, which is what is affected by Valyrian steel and dragonglass, and their armor, which is for protection.
All we know for certain is that White Walkers are notably weak to Valyrian steel. It doesn’t overcome their durability, it‘s like using Kryptonite against Superman.
Btw, could their weapons scale from their durability? Since they can match blows with Valyrian Steel without being affected or damaged
That would only work if Valyrian steel scaled to their durability, and I don’t think it should, so no.

All we know for certain is that White Walkers are notably weak to Valyrian steel. It doesn’t overcome their durability, it‘s like using Kryptonite against Superman.
Yes, the White Walkers themselves are weak to the magical properties of Valyrian steel and dragonglass, not their armor, which at least should be comparable to their durability, which is what I'm arguing for the scaling
That would only work if Valyrian steel scaled to their durability, and I don’t think it should, so no.
It seems strange to me that their weapons are less durable than the White Walkers themselves, and more considering that they can trade blows with Valyrian Steel unlike their armor which is sliced like butter

Yes, the White Walkers themselves are weak to the magical properties of Valyrian steel and dragonglass, not their armor, which at least should be comparable to their durability, which is what I'm arguing for the scaling
Considering that we don’t know what their armor is made of (and it might not even be armor, it could literally just be clothes), and it shatters into ice just like their body, I don’t think we can say that for sure.

Bump. I think a "Possibly 9-A" for Valyrian Steel and the characters who scale from it due to it slicing through the armor of White Walkers might work. Since based on all the arguments the show seems to be inconsistent regarding this: WoG states that the armor of the White Walkers are part of sculptures and architectures of an ancient society and that they didn't make it themselves, but when a White Walker dies it is also destroyed in pieces, however the armor is capable of blocking and being unaffected by Dragonglass but it is still destroyed if the White Walker dies, and to finish their weapons are not destroyed when the White Walker dies like the armor, which doesn't make sense as share many more qualities with the White Walkers (Ice Physiology, Magic, Deconstruction on contact). Thoughts?

While I get the scaling for V. Steel I don't think it works like that. Heat based durability calcs have been tossed due to how temperature and energy transfer works iirc. Which is why MHA lost some of their Tier 8 scaling.

Back