• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Strength upgrades.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Alright, since Zebes is 960 times Earth's gravity, I'd like to double check her weight on Zebes. According to a database, Samus is 6'3" and 198 pounds/90 kilograms without the power suit. Her weight on Zebes would be about 90*960 = 86,400 kg or 86.4 tonnes. And as seen in Zero Mission, she is able to casually lift that body with with ease. This would put her strength at Class-100 at bare minimum, considering the 50-100 tonnes range. But then we also got her power suit. Not sure how much it weighs, some scans said about 600 pounds but I don't know. However, if it were at least 16 kilograms and got multiplied by Zebes's gravity as well, that would put her weight above 100 tonnes which she can casually lift; rendering strength at Class K.

Now as for the Vorash feat, I came accross this image. I'm not entirely sure how big Vorash is, but his length appears to be roughly a dozen times longer than Samus's height; which would be comparable to that of a blue whale actually. The average male blue whale is 79 feet in length and weighs around 300,000 pounds or 136 tonnes. Another important note is that the Vorash was trying to swim as fast as it could when Samus pulled him out of the lava. Luckily, I found this calculator as a helpful tool for determining Samus's strength. Assuming Vorash is around 300,000 pounds and his speed is lightspeed, scaling Post Zero Mission Samus who is considered FTL, it comes down to 543,934,101,211.3868 Metric Horse Power or 113,755,964,628.81 tonnes of pulling strength; that would be Class T. And that's just the strength to hold Vorash still let alone pull him out of magma and throw him several stories high. That may seem pretty high, but Samus was also noted on her profile to be at least quadriple digit machs at bare minimum. So assuming Vorash is mach 1000 on that same calulator, we got 130,151,025.57277 tonnes of pulling strength, or Class G, using the same calculator and converting units to metric tonnes.

Not a perfect calc, but I could use some help with Vorash's size and including the part were Samus throws Vorash as opposed to calculating Vorash's horse power, which would have to be inferior to Samus if she can pull him out of the magma. But, we got Samus's strength being Class-K at bare minimum due to gravity formula, and Vorash's pulling strength having a low end at Class-G and a high end at Class-T. Any thoughts?

The Zero Suit would work had it been that Other M sadly retconned her height to 5' 1 inches and that would have likely affected her weight too. (Try 45.3592 kilograms for her weight, assuming she is on the lower spectrum of the weight of 5'1 inches) Personally, I would prefer an official weight for the suit, which I will begin looking for (I'll likely tell you by the end of today if I find something)

The Vorash calc is calc stacking I believe, additionally the FTL rating is about to be removed.

I understand the flaws with FTL, that's why I did the second calc for Mach 1000 which is a bit more believable. As for Samus's size, Other M sure has screwed up a few things, but I did the BMI calculations. Samus being age 32, 6'3", and 198 pounds would give her a BMI of 24.75. Assuming she has the same built, her height being lowered to 5'1" would put her at 131 pounds or 59.4206 kg. 59.4206*960 would put her at about 57.044 tonnes. Or Class-100 strength considering she casualy lifts it.

But yeah, the Vorash feat seems complicated; since we don't really know his weight, but we do know his speed should be comparible to Samus. Anyway, thank you for taking a look at it and sharing your thoughts.

SomebodyData said:
Other M sadly retconned her height to 5' 1 inches
I don't believe Other M retconned Samus' height. Other than the fact that there were no hard numbers given, Other M's Samus models are weird. Not only is Samus' Power Suit model a good foot taller than her Zero Suit model, her Zero Suit model is the same height as her "Federation Days" flashback model, the heels are the only difference in height given. Then there are the CG cutscenes where Samus takes the armor on and off. Despite the height difference between the Power Suit and Zero Suit models, it looks like the Power Suit fits Samus like a glove. My only guess as to why the Zero Suit model is small is due to the reuse of assets to save money. It isn't the first time Nitnnedo has done something like that.

@AccursedHunter01

I agree, I'm not sure what guidebook or something says her height is only 5'1." I know it says it on Metroid Wikia, but her height is actually very inconsistent. Sure all the male marines tower over her, especially Anthony, but she towers over other women in the game at the same time. It sounds like a design flaw if you ask me, kinda like how Raiden from MK is supposed to be 7 feet, but he appears to be the same height as Johnny Cage and Liu Kang who are 6'1" and 5'10" respectively. And yes, even MK9 and MKX had that problem. And as for the weight of the power suit, Metroid wikia used to have it listed as 600 pounds, but it got removed and no source is available, so the official status is still unknown.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@AccursedHunter01
I agree, I'm not sure what guidebook or something says her height is only 5'1." I know it says it on Metroid Wikia, but her height is actually very inconsistent. Sure all the male marines tower over her, especially Anthony, but she towers over other women in the game at the same time. It sounds like a design flaw if you ask me, kinda like how Raiden from MK is supposed to be 7 feet, but he appears to be the same height as Johnny Cage and Liu Kang who are 6'1" and 5'10" respectively. And yes, even MK9 and MKX had that problem. And as for the weight of the power suit, Metroid wikia used to have it listed as 600 pounds, but it got removed and no source is available, so the official status is still unknown.
I believe the only official measurements given for Samus was in the Metroid 2 instruction book and a 1994 issue of Nintendo Power. The Nintendo Power version is the "newest", and it stated that Samus, outside of her suit, was 6' 3" tall and weighed 198 pounds. That was over 20 years ago and I don't think it was ever officially redone or retconned. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's wrong. In Prime 3 Samus was a little taller than the Federation Marines in their armor. The Little Mac trailer for Smash 4 (which came out after Other M) was about how significantly taller Samus is than him. Smash is non-canon as far as I know, but what happens in Smash does carry over into the games themselves. For example, Samus' Paralyzer was never given a name until Brawl, and then her Paralyzer was officially called such in Other M.

I agree completely, I still think 6'3" height and 198 pounds without the power suit should still be considered official. As well as Class-100 being the minimum for Samus's lifting strength with it possibly being Class-K as mentioned above.

The one thing I'm apprehensive of is the "Zebes has 960 times Earth's gravity" thing. Considering Metroid uses none of the measuring tools we use in real life as far as I'm aware, and replaces that with stuff like Cycles, why wouldn't Teraton be some form of measurement that's exclusive to the Metroid universe? For example, Teraton is used in Metroid to measure the weight of a planet, like how we use AU's to measure the distance between two objects in space. From what Google tells me, Teraton is not a form of measurement that exists, except in Metroid. Even beyond that's there's other inconsistencies, like how Samus can travel to space stations like Ceres and not jump through the ceiling using only the power of her ankles, or why she doesn't just rip her opponents in half like Ridley with her seeming Super Saiyan level of strength. Why does the intense gravity exerted by Nightmasre in Metroid Fusion and Other M affect Samus? Making the gravity much hevier shouldn't effect her if she grew up on a planet with 960 times Earth's gravity. The only way I can think of that working is if Samus' suit has some form of limiter in place to adjust her strength to wherever she goes. However, nothing like that has ever been hinted at existing, so as far as I'm aware that's not the case.

Well, the 960G thing has already been discussed on previous threads. Teraton is a real life unit; it equals a trillon metric tonnes. And the Library in Metroid Prime, including both remakes included with Metroid Prime Trilogy on both the Wii and Wii U versions clearly states that the mass of Zebes 4.8 trillion teratons; 4.8 trillion * 1 trillion = 4.8 Septillion or 4.8*10^24 tonnes. while Earth ways 5.9 Sextillion or 5.9*10^21 tonnes. It was also stated that the acceleration due to gravity on Zebes is 9,360 m/s^2 while Earth's gravity is 9.807 m/s^2.

As for the other arguments, I could say the same thing about ordinary humans surviving punches from Superman; it's because he holds back. Samus probably had no need to be running around or jumping on those light gravity areas. Plus, it's important to note that Ridley, also came from the same 960G planet, so it makes sense for Ridley to still be on par with her in terms of raw power. And as for Nightmare, his gravity manipulation may be more like several thousand G's if it can effect Samus. But anyway, that argument has been getting very repetative, and the gravity formula does not appear like it's going to be downgraded anytime soon.

After trying the Googles again, I found a definition of Teraton from Wikipedia, and it says that Teraton is used to determine the size/power of explosions, but not how much something weighs:

Nou[edit]
teraton (plural teratons)

1. A measure of the strength of an explosio or a bomb based on how many trillio tons of TNT would be needed to produce the same energy.
If Teraton legit means that somethign weighs a trillion trillion tons, I'll roll with it. A link to the definition of Teraton would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, teraton isn't necesarly a common unit; kilogram or metric ton are used more frequently. But by using common sense, tera is a prefix that means trillion similar to how kilo means a thousand, mega means million, giga means billion, and Yotta means Septillion. TNT and mass are both measurements of force, so teraton is still applicle.

Back