• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus' Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I did this thread about X vs Samus and in it, a calculation based on Metroid Prime Hunters came to me that stated Samus was 10.000.000 FTL due to Metroid Prime Hunters mentioning a trip from a galaxy to another. Now there is so much wrong into this, but I am not going to talk about it now, since I did a more conclusive calculation. Here, we have the journey actually being shown and a estimated time.

This is based on Super Metroid, when Samus leaves Ceres Station, "just passed through the Asteroid Belt" and came back.

I decided to make Ceres Station exactly where Ceres is, in the Asteroid Belt for better reference.

First, we need to take these into consideration:

Earth to Sun: 149.600.000 km

Earth to Jupiter:588.000.000 km

Samus travelled from Ceres to "hardly beyond the Asteroid Belt". Ceres IS in the Asteroid Belt, in the edge of it, so let's assume she went from the Asteroid Belt to Earth, since I didn't find any decent distance from the Asteroid Belt to Jupiter and the Asteroid Belt is still under study.

So, the distance varies. It is minimum to the distance from Earth to the Sun or from Earth to Jupiter, stated above. She got out of Ceres and went to the Earth, this would be either 149.600.000 km or 588.000.000 km. Let's first do it with the smaller number:

So, she made a travel of 149.600.000 and returned, so that makes it 299.200.000 km in what I will assume varies from 5 to 10 minutes ( since Ridley had to kill all thescientists maniacally and sadistically like he is and get the Metroid, however notices Samus go into the Station and decides to mount a trap ).

That makes Samus 774.000.000.000 km/h ( 5m ) or 388.800.000.000 km/h ( 10m ) depending on the time she got there. Or, we can make it 2 minutes, which would be 1.940.400.000.000 km/h. This, could also be translated to 2.15e+11 ( 5m ), 1.08e+11 ( 10m ) or 5.39e+11 ( 2m ), which would all be quicker than light, which is 1.079e+9, but way less exaggerated than the one made of Prime.

Now, if we are taking the bigger number into account, she would've travelled 1.176.000.000 km in 10, 5 and 2 minutes which would be 7.06e+9, 1.41e+10 or 3.53e+10.

Now, this is still faster than light. That is quite clear in all of the numbers. There isn't one occasion that she isn't faster than light, but this makes it a bit more believable than Samus travelling to another galaxy with no mention of the time it took of her to go there in a almost non-canon game with the trip not being shown.

Also, to specify, Meta-Ridley, the one who has a feat of tagging Samus' ship, was shown to be faster than her and even having more AP if I recall, being defeated through weakness.

This should influence on Samus' speed feats.

Somebody Data, to answer your questions:

The creator of Metroid stated that he sees Prime as non-canon in general and Other M as canon, however that matters little here since I'm not arguing that Prime Hunters is non canon at all.

I DIDN'T THINK SUPER METROID TOOK PLACE ON EARTH. I had to add this after writing this all, I DIDN'T. I used it for a reference in distance, JEEZ. Why is it so hard to understand? Sheesh...

Metroid Prime Hunters is, for all we know, canon. However it is so out of context that it barely makes sense. Samus is not on the Solar System anymore, she is in Tetra galaxy for no reason other than hunting, apparently, it has no relation, mention or anything to the other games in the series ( in fact, even Prime has little in common with Prime Hunters ). So yes, Prime Hunters is canon, but it is so wtf I personally think it's hard to believe.

A: No, I didn't. I tried to use distances I thought could be compared to the distance she made from Ceres to "past Asteroid Belt".

B: Well, sometimes, y'know, troll some friends, do some jokes, but the calculation is meant to be taken seriously, so not currently, no.

C: I can be depending on what character we're talking about here, but Super Metroid is actually my second favorite game of all time, only being under Mega Man X1. If anything, I'm bias towards her.

I know dude, I just tried to use similar distances. There is no mention of an exact distance of the Asteroid Belt to Jupiter or from Earth to the Asteroid Belt ( where Ceres resides ) I tried to make the distance more explainable. If anything, the distance will be less than what I did, I just tried to fit it in. In fact, I mentioned that.

If the problem is with my criticizing of the other calculation ( which your comment doesn't mention ), it's because there is no mention on the time or any estimative Samus took to get from the Solar System to Tetra ( which he compared in distance Andromeda, like I did Ceres to Ceres and the distance from her travel to the distance from Earth to Ceres, and I probably would too ).

So, there is no reason whatsoever to "cringe". It's just your misinterpratation or lack of reading the things I mentioned.

And once again, I didn't think Super Metroid took place on Earth. For freak's sakes. I used reference distances

EDIT: In fact, where did you take Zebes from? I never mentioned it. I'm talking about Samus going to the Ceres Station, leaving and returning in the intro of the game. Did you misread Zebes with CERES? The Station? And I'M cringy.

Actually I searched that comment up, couldn't find it so I think its a comment made by trolls. And you stated "...in a almost non-canon game with the trip not being shown." if you're not arguing it, then don't bring it up?

Ah sorry, but I'm guessing you're new here? When we do things like this for reference, we say its a low-ball, to show that we're not downplaying.

Actually, there is an estimate for the MPH calc, we're using the time frame (Around 1 year as high ball, but would be more likely to be 6 months) from between MP and MP2.

Yeah then I am sorry. Of course, then my only criticism is how small the distance is. For example, Zebes wasn't found until the Space Pirates invaded and Samus was forced to head there, allowing the GF to find it. However, Aether, which is officially at the edge of the galaxy, was discovered much sooner by GF forces, implying Aether < Zebes in distance from the astroid belt. Which is quite the distance.

I brought it up because the game has absolutely no relation to the other ones. Even Prime is closer to Super Metroid, for instance, then Prime Hunters. It's just basically another piece of media but with Samus in it. It barely doesn't seem like the same universe or reality because it's so weird and different, making me question is canonicity and reliability as a source.

Technically, this wouldn't exactly be a low-ball since, well, the other calculation is a extremely ultra high ball if we are going to take it into consideration.

According to the timeline, Prime Hunters occured in the same year as Metroid Prime or close to it.

Didn't Samus grow up in Zebes with the Chozo after she escaped the equivalent of Earth's explosion? So, unless Samus had a traumatic hit to the head and forgot about it or she knows more than she is telling to the GF, they should know about it. But it can still make sense. If there was the equivalent of Earth in the equivalent Solar System of Metroid, then we could say Zebes is around where Venus is, the Earth I don't remember the name is Earth and Ceres is still in the Asteroid Belt. That would make Aether something like Pluto. Maybe I should make a map for that...

Also, if anything, the distance would be smaller and that would make Samus quicker, since I used Earth as a reference. Let's say she went 100 meters after whats considered the asteroid belt and came back, she would be way faster.

So uh, I dunno if this could be criticized in many ways. It's quite a solid calculation, the only thing that could potentially make it be doubtful is the distance, but the distance should be smaller and make her quicker, I wouldn't say it's by that much. Should still make her not the ludicrous 10.000.000 FTL.

Unless anyone got objections, Samus' page is supposed to be edited.

Ah I see

No, its a lowball. A massive one at that. And how was the other one a high-ball?

Yeah, 1 year is the low ball part of that calc.

Yeah Samus grew up with the Chozo, and she really hasn't told any of her backstory to the GF, heck, most of them think she is a guy.

That comparison seems extremely speculative, especially since we don't know how far Zebes is from the Ceres Research Station.

Yeah, no. The math is solid but the calc's basis is incredibly lowballed to the point that Zebes is in the same system as Ceres and its research station. Which is kinda crazy.

They are in the same system, Somebody Data. The Metroid games are all stated to occur in the same galaxy ( which I call Solar System since, well, screw it, really ), with the exception of Metroid Prime Hunters. It isn't crazy at all, actually. If we have a representation of our Asteroid Belt, Earth and possibly even the dwarf-planet Ceres, it's not even close to being a huge jump.

And the distance from Ceres to Zebes is indeed... weird, since we don't have any comparison to judge it ( Ridley's Invasion and the distance is our reference for the calc ).

The other one said Samus went from a galaxy to another in a speculative amount of time ( never mentioned in the game ) and judges her speed from that when we don't have a factor to judge her speed ( Distance travelled, the time it travelled and the Speed. Once you have two of them, you can judge the other ). Even saying it was 1 year is still speculation. Especially since Prime Hunters is by far is the single most doubtful game in general, but even more in WHEN it happened.

The other one is a incredilby high-ball. I could remake the calculation and post it here as well or at the thread Antvasima sent me and you'd see. Everything about it is a highball, and now that apparently the post that had it is gone, I'll probably remake it to debunk it. It's the literal meaning of ludirous: So dumb and stupid it's funny.

All I'm saying is, Zebes matters little to this calc. The speed we get here is from her trip from Ceres and back. She would be quicker with the shorter distance that should be used, but since I can't find any conclusive distance to use, I had to switch it a bit.

Don't take this as agressive in any way, but going against statements and official data of the Metroid games does leave me with the doubt of reliability on your criticism.

Just need to ask since I think you don't understand. Do you know how much bigger a galaxy is to our solar system? Or even how far apart solar systems are? Because the jump between even the Sun to the last planet in our system is absolutely nothing compared to the distance to the closest system.

The difference is unknown. But the time span is at most 1 year as it is between MP and MP2 which is a lowball.

Funny, I can say the same about your calc. Also the calc has been redone already?

Oh I see, so how did you get the distance? From scaling to the distance from the Erath to Ceres? But what got you there?

Official data and statements? What statements or official data are you even talking about????

Yes, I do know. And yet, Samus doesn't seem to have travelled that far to get to Zebes. In fact, it is still in the galaxy of Ceres due to mention.

I will redo it soon, since I am currently busy.

Erath? OK, sorry if I am a Grammar Nazi, but Erath is just precious. Anyways, I got it from the distance of the Asteroid Belt to the Earth, which isn't conclusive, but the minimum is the distance of Earth to Sun and the maximum is the distance of Earth to Jupiter, so the ACTUAL number doesn't exist as it isn't in our human knowledge ( trust me, I spent almost 2 hours searching for said number ) but these are estimatives and are the numbers I can work with.

I got there since she had to go past the Asteroid Belt, as she herself mentions, but there is no way to measure how much she went after the Asteroid Belt, so I used Earth as a reference. THIS may be a lowball, but that's due to limitations about our knowledge in space. Can't really blame ME for it.

http://www.universetoday.com/130136/far-asteroid-belt-earth/#

In fact, you can't say the same about my calculation since my calculation has a base. Unless you change the numbers or do a mistake in the process, you will find the same result.

Also, before you say anything else, you are the one who needs to search a bit more this time, chap: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Milky_Way_Galaxy

But I do admit my mistakes, I was wrong. It isn't a unspecified galaxy that's similar to our Solar System and mentioned as such. IT IS OUR SOLAR SYSTEM.

Well yeah, but to even say the same solar system, even as a lowball, is incredibly extreme.

Well, I was kinda joking about redoing the calc since it was already accepted.

Ye lol, maybe I should start using Erath instead of Earth. Yes, but you're basically trying to put real, but inaccurate numbers in a calc that simply can't be solved.

Your base is based on complete speculation. Zebes could be as far as Aether itself (Which actually makes more sense as they have interacted with the Luminoth) but at least another solar system.

What do you want me to see about the Milky Way Galaxy?

The Ceres Station is in our solar system, there's no doubt on that. Zebes is not.

First, yes, it is in the same Solar System. Period.

Accepted, but yet utterly flawed. I am redoing it, and will post it here or on the thread mentioned previously.

Please read the wiki, you are going against facts. And facts are facts. Zebes IS in the Solar System. In fact, I'll copy it here, due to your "stubborness":

Now please, stop going against facts. Also, Zebes' distance is completely irrelevant to this case, since this is about the calculation and Samus' speed. Her trip to Zebes matters little. All you need to do is say "yes or no".

Known planets

No it is not.

Fine. Though whatever happens after is your own fault.

What rules am I breaking? Facts are facts, and speculation is not facts.

Please stop, for your sake. eventually some other metroid fan or reasonable person may stumble on to this thread and might cause a bigger problem out of this.

Zebes is irrelevant yes, but you're literally trying to calc something by putting a completely speculative distance. If perhaps she had reached a planet and then went back, then you could atleast argue it.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/FS-176 <<< They even name the star it orbits. It is not our solar system.

She didn't reach a planet, I added a distance for REFERENCE. She went past the Asteroid Belt, where Ceres IS ( if you don't believe me, check the Super Metroid intro again, she passes through it ).

I know that the distance isn't exactly precise, but it is way more precise then saying that Samus went LOL and went from a galaxy to another making her 10.000.000 FTL for absolutely no reason.

WTF? I never mentioned any rule breaking. I just meant that you were going against something that has been stated and confirmed, check the link that follows

Now, I know FS-176 is the star Zebes orbits, but yet Zebes is in the Milky Way Galaxy. It isn't exactly like our Milky Way Galaxy since it does have multiple fiction planets of Metroid, including Zebes, but yet Zebes is in the Milky Way Galaxy of Metroid, where Ceres is, where K2-L, place of Samus' birth is, and where Earth is.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Milky_Way_Galaxy

My speculation is about the distance she travelled, I know it's not exact, but she barely went past the Asteroid Belt and back. I actually wanted to use Jupiter as a reference, since it is closer to the Asteroid Belt, if I recall but I couldnt. Then I tried to use Mars since it is closer to the Asteroid Belt than Earth and I once again found nothing.

What we see in fact is her getting into Ceres, we never know the exact distance or when she travelled, so yes, it is speculation, but is it that hard to understand that the other calc does the exact same thing, doing speculation on the distance between Milky Way Galaxy and Tetra? He used Andromeda as reference and everything was K, wasnt it?

It is written in the wiki as clear as one can put it, Zebes is in the Milky Way Galaxy.

EDIT: Now please, my speculative distance was due to using references, points to mark distance, like using Earth as a Planet Busting reference. I never said these are exact, they are approximates. The other calc did the exact same thing by using the distance of Milky Way from Andromeda.

Also, if I made any of you mad, I'm sorry. But it's just that it's literally stated in the wiki Zebes is in Milky Way Galaxy and SomebodyData, please, using references could be considered speculation but they are approximates. It's just that the other calculation you seem to adore ( no offence ) is as speculation as mine. What if Tetra is three times more distant than what Andromeda is to Milky Way Galaxy? It's exactly the same. We can't know, but we try to deal with approximates using references, checkpoints, if you will.

I already mentioned that I understand that Zebes is irrelevant, but your reference is lacking any evidence.

The calc literally used the closest galaxy and assumed the maximum time frame.

Zebes is in the Milky Way, I'm not arguing that. Its just not in the same solar system.

Alright, but in such a case we simply cannot go with Earth as the difference is just too different. There is also the fact that the timeline is completely unknown, whereas MPH we at least had a maximum.

Yeah, but that's because Andromeda is the closest. Earth in this comparison isn't at all. As well as the fact that Ridley then outpaces Samus in intergalactic travel, which is far higher than just FTL.

I have never been arguing if it's in the same galaxy so don't strawman. I've been stating that its not the same solar system

I used Earth as a reference because there isn't any other reference. I tried to find them, and yet this is the closest one I got and it actually seems more reasonable than ever now since we just see the end of Samus' trip. Yes, it is speculation, it could've been anywhere, she could've been in the Sun for all we cared, but wouldn't that seem much more less plausible?

I used the closest planet possible since it is the only one we have currently. I tried finding the numbers for Mars and Jupiter and found nothing. It's not my fault, I used the reference we have and it seems logical, at least to me. Also, I did show the numbers that would be her speed in the main post, would you check them? Are they unbelievable? By no means I want to piss you off or be a troll, but seriously, all you said from the moment you came here was mention Zebes and "speculation".

I'd like to say that I just commited a terrible mistake and feel to cut the tip of my penis.

But still! Being on a different solar system matters little to the calc! I used the only reference possible and the speed came out like this. It's still more belieavable then assuming 10.000.000 ftl ( which I'm currently remaking, but it's gonna take a while ).

Ye, but again it's quite the speculation.

Well, I already stated your math is correct, its just that well, your began by stating a calc is wrong without proof, never mentioned it was a lowball, and then the entire Zebes debate and etc, of course now I see its a big misunderstanding.

Alright, just remember to tread carefully with that.

Also about the 10,000,000 FTL, you... do know that there are other MFTL level feats right? Like Ridley and Samus leaving the station to go to Zebes, Dark Samus going from Aether to Phazee, Samus constantly traveling between planets and even a few solar systems in MP3, etc...

Yes, but none of them are so exaggerated.

I say the other calc is wrong due to math reasons, and I'll soon prove my point. Just you wait!

I never said Samus isn't MFTL. It's just that her being 10.000.000 is ridiculous at a math stand point and even if it is, I'll soon know and post it here before anything. So get ready folks! I'm almost done.

OK this is being a bit harder than excepted. I think by tomorrow I'll be able to get it done. Till den, just wait.

R.I.P. Me.

I did the calc:

1 light year = 9,461e+12 or 9.461.000.000.000 km.

Andromeda is 2.500.000 light years away.

23.652.500.000.000.000.000 km.

That makes Samus 270.000.000.000.000.000 km/h.

1.079.252.848 = Speed of Light.

250.173.071 times the speed of light.

This is what I got using the distance between MW and Andromeda. Holy. ****.

I assume you want the low end too, since Andromeda was the mid end..

This is the distance between MW and CMa Overdensity: 42.000 lightyears

That'd make the distance 397.362.000.000.000.000 km, making Samus 4.540.000.000.000.000 km/h or 4.206.613 the speed of light.

And the high end, UDF-38135539, which is 30.3 billion light years away.

That'd make the distance a WHOPPING 286.668.300.000.000.000.000.000 and her speed 3.27e+19 or 3.270.000.000.000.000.000.000 km/h. Also known as 3.029.873.866.962 the speed of light.

And here I thought I was working to make Samus SLOWER.

Well, with my calcs going way higher than the previous one and my Super Metroid one being way slower, I'd like to say something: Samus' ship speed is inconclusive as it varies crazily to more than BILLIONS of times the speed of light to failing to get to Ceres in time to save the scientists from Ridley and in Zero Mission we see Samus "slowly" crashing into Zebes and fleeing a chase of Space Pirate Ships and failing, being shot down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjBFRxn80Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypD7vOov0KQ, at 3:00

So, this ship thing really is crazy. Every calc goes different, even when using the same numbers and different games showcase different speed.

Whoaaaaaa, how did you get higher lol. Maybe there is an error in the math? Perhaps we should check again...

Actually the ZM and SM ships are different from the MPH / MP one, which explains the inconsistency.

Yes, but if we are to take into canon, Metroid Prime as a whole isn't exactly what people would consider canon. It would be similar to filler content, since it wasn't done by Nintendo ( it was done by Retro Studios, which is owned by Nintendo, but isn't Nintendo. ) and Sakamoto had nothing to do with it. In fact, Prime has tons of inconsistencies with Other M, that kinda retcons a bit of info of Fusion, such as her time with the Feds.

I did a speed calculation. I got the distance, turning it from Light-years to Kms. Then I got the time which would take for her to go there, that I said was a full year in ship madness ( or 8760 hours ) and then, with the other two requirements, I did the calc and got the speed in Kms and then compared it to Light Years.

I have no idea how this works, but I just know that the ship feat and Prime in general now, since I've been doing more research, go farther and farther away from logic as I look into it.

Well it depends on what you define canon, and believe me there is many forms. The canon I'm talking about is whether or not it actually happened despite being something like filler. Other M has inconsistencies with everything lol.

I have to remind you that she went to and came back from the Tetra Galaxy in one year so technically the real result would even be higher kek.

Ah research in Metroid, believe me when I say don't go too deep, I was originally gonna make a respect thread about but halfway through realized there is too much. Did you know for example, Metroid actually has quite the canons, ranging from what I call "Chibiroid"(Not real name), Nintendo Power comics, Dark Horse, MP Episode Aether, and the main canon? And that's ignoring the fact that Samus' adventures exist in the Captain N series.

Yeah, most people who come up to the series thinks it's realistic for a sci-fi... until they see Samus warp space-time with a Matter and Anti-Matter weapon, universe ending black holes, giant psychic moth people, and etc....

Other M has inconsistencies with many things, but definitely not with everything. But let's keep that for another day since Other M will bring writing retardation to this thread. lol

Just multiply the speed by 2, bro. Ain't that hard.

Samus is completely maddening to work with. I do know a lot about NP, DH, MP EA and TONS of Metroid continuities and all of them seemed fine BUT Prime. It just doesn't fit. It's like it isn't even the same Metroid. There is nothing that ties it with the other games, no mentions, no references, no Phazon armor, Dark Samus or anything. It just isn't there. And Prime Hunters is even more so because it does this to Prime. I just feel unconfortable using Prime for anything, especially since I remember in GameFaqs there were TONS of pages discussing about how Prime fit into the timeline since it was almost BS. They said it could've been before Fusion and after Other M, but it didn't make sense and it had to be after Metroid 1 but, but but and it just went on.

I don't feel like the ship feat is reliable. I don't feel like Prime is reliable anymore and I certainly don't feel like making another calc or anything related to Metroid in the next few days. If you want to upgrade/downgrade Samus, honestly, I don't care anymore. This gives me the biggest reason to go back to Mega Man where I belong ( jk since there is a crazier calc I need to do for Mega Man soon, so **** life ).

Lol true.

Well the point of statement was to show that the speed is a tad more absurd than we both thought.

Eh, just pointing out that the other games wouldn't be able to mention it since the destruction of Phazee essentially destroyed all phazon, which would mean no Dark Samus or Phazite armor. It would be rather hard to bring it up in a topic. They... do know Metroid 1 is no longer canon right? MZM replaced it, its probably why they had to argue so much...

Well good luck with the MM calc lol

By Metroid 1, Megaman ZM is essentially Metroid 1 but with a bit new info.

I meant is that no one mentions Phaaze exploding, no one knows shit about anything.

And Metroid is emotionally and physically devastating my mind. Every calc, every logic every new comment I need to make here is like one second in a suicide attempt. Eventually, it will happen and he will do it. Its just frustrating to know that what you did is correct and yet logic is flawed and there is absolutely no reliability or logic behind it so it didn't even matter and you need to keep going back.

I suck at math. I admit that. It's not my favorite subject or my best one, and yet I keep going back to it. Seriously, if I spent doing this for months, it would be equal or worse to my worst experience in life which Im not going into right now. Basically, **** this. I'm not going to reply here anymore. If you care or not, it matters little to me right now. The ship feat and calcs are all ******** and shouldn't be used IMHO, and now, having done multiple calcs and retries, I just can't afford to care anymore.

Ye and that new info got rid of plot holes in SM, M2 and MP

Well, yeah, because its in the past. Why mention something that is done and over with?

Well I mean, this is one calc, perhaps your MM one will be significantly better and approved?

Ok

Its not about being accepted, my calc being wrong or anything. It's about inconsistency in math. When multiple calcs made for the same thing vary or are significantly different. It's like when 1 + 1 is 2 but 2 + 2 isn't 4.

Also, my MM calc is basically the same shit. It will be inconsistent to other feats like almost every feat based on a calculation. Did you know that in every single Mario game the height he jumps is different? Thats a great example. Anyways, I'm out. No need to reply. Just close the thread or ask someone to do it, apply it or not, like I said, I don't currently care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back