• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ottermonk said:
Reaction speed does not equal combat speed. Also if you read my post I state if they attack at the same time she still wins. Also she has time hax that still would let her move first regardless.
Sorry dearie, but you're making no sense. If both attack at the same time and both are out of combat, then it's inconclusive, not a victory for one of them.

Also, there's a thing none of you mentioned yet: Type 8.

no it's never been constantly used. Every time someone with type 8 immortality fights, it's automatically restricted cause it wouldn't even be a fight.

Type 8 is never restricted except when it's higher dimensional (mostly because that creates dumb scenarios like "YHVH's true form can't kill 682")

Theglassman12 said:
well have it on him, then it's fair.
Let's say he's with it, since it's on his Standard Equipment. The only way to kill him is by using the dagger. How is Samus supposed to know it?

Theglassman12 said:
she freezes him, takes the knife and uses it for whatever she needs in order to kill him.
Freezes him? Like, with ice? Sorry dearie, the Dark One does not get cold. Now Samus is paralyzed, and Rumple's gonna turn her into a bug.

Or did you mean in time? Well, I suppose Rumple's already paralyzed her too, since she probably needs some time for scanning.

Also, his Metacognition would warn him about her scanning and then he would easily teleport his dagger into his vault. Good luck getting it now.

has he resisted Absolute Zero ice before? If not, then he's going to freeze.

She can fire while scanning at the same time,

Ok, then Samus just goes to the vault while he's frozen and uses it. Her suit will let her know where the knife is based on the data it gets.

@Magic Everything has a weakness, even those that are built to be impenetrable have chinks in their armor. Samus has found numerous weak points for those that are invulnerable or impassable.

NLF. You can't simply assume something's got a weakness just because she's " found numerous weak points for those that are invulnerable or impassable" in her verse (also, if it's got a weak point, it is not invulnerable nor impassable). There's no proof of any "weak point" in a magical protective spell which does only allow the Dark One to take the dagger from its place.

So if you're so hell bent on saying that Samus can't get the one thing that she needs to kill him, then what's the point of this match?

Just because she can't kill him, it doesn't mean she can't win.

• Victory Conditions: Killing the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.
But if Samus goes for the kill, then she's likely not gonna win in such a situation. As I said, she's likely gonna get paralyzed or transmuted.

When her only mentality she ever has is to kill, and she's fighting someone that cannot be killed, It's safe to say she can't win. The only thing she has that balances this out is dark Burst, and that's in her later tier.

Theglassman12 said:
When her only mentality she ever has is to kill, and she's fighting someone that cannot be killed, It's safe to say she can't win. The only thing she has that balances this out is dark Burst, and that's in her later tier.
What an agressive girl [:v]

So, waiting for votes. Albeit it is unlikely for Samus' fans to vote against him

I bet I'll count Glassman's vote as for Rumple, as he says "Samus can't win

SomebodyData said:
Not sure if none of yall realized, but freezing him also counts as incap.
Rumple is likely going to paralyze her immediately, which means, if the "freezing thing" is a projectile, it's gonna be paralyzed too. It appears freezing is not her first move, anyway.

"Inconclusive" would be the most reliable vote here, I guess.

I'm still skeptical about what the Dark One actually does in character. 1. Every scene I've seen of him using his hax has him toying with his opponents and/or talking before he does it, both shown throughout the thread and any linked in his profile. 2. The stuff the OP is mentioning completely contradicts the big block of text mentioned in the weakness section of the profiles. 3. I mean no offence, but the OP is really debating more than OP normally should be allowed to debate.

Threads like these have been closed for fewer signs of these kind of things. Furthermore, the OUAT profiles in general look pretty messy; there's too much combination of 5-A tier rating but using statistics that match 5-B and vice versa for various keys.

If the OP is blatantly arguing for one character there is an issue.

But the OP can debate a thread neutrally all he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back