• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will sense him getting near, which in turn will make her get away from him and activate phase drift, which will slow him down immensely.

And how exactly would she get away before being turned into a flower? You're making no sense. She can't teleport and Rumple is not simply waiting for her to create a portal or something similar.

His range is shit compared to samus. A simple dodge roll can get her out of his range, and again, she activated phase drift, which slows him down, and makes it harder for him to teleport when she fires away.

Theglassman12 said:
She will sense him getting near, which in turn will make her get away from him and activate phase drift, which will slow him down immensely.
And that thing of precog is way too vague. He is not nullifying her power, he is resisting it.

@Self no it isn't. Instinctive reaction is when your body moves on it's own. Precognition is sensing an incoming attack and reacting to it before it even happens.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Her body can react on its own to dodge projectiles that even she's not aware of.
This is what i see.

I don't really care for it, i'm more interested in the starting distance.

Samus should have both listed on her profile; Precognition and Instinctive Reactions. Plus, the former is actually an underrated ability; because it's actually better than basic levels of precognition at least since it can easily detect patterns; which different futures inherently have different patterns. And yeah 4 kilometers is the starting distance; Samus can phase drift before Rumble teleports which will slow down all his reactions dramatically.

Plus, Samus could simply jump really high and keep shooting also; and she can jump really given how high she can naturally jump on a 960 G Environment; and Space Jump enables her to pretty much fly. Also, Okay, BFR is teleporting his opponent to another realm? Still, but the looks of it Rumble would mutter a few words before using his abilities which would take a few seconds. Samus on the other hand would try to freeze/one shot Rumble ASAP.

So that's 6-7 votes for Samus and 1 for Rumble? Not sure if SD voted, but Samus does only need one more vote.

This would cause the Grace Period to start, but I suppose we should wait for the OUAT revision to end first. It may even things out, or even make this battle an APstomp

Samus still has the range advantage, and her precognition, ice beam and wave beam and plasma beam combo with phasedrift seals the deal with her win.

Theglassman12 said:
Samus still has the range advantage, and her precognition, ice beam and wave beam and plasma beam combo with phasedrift seals the deal with her win.
Range advantage is not all that important since Standard Battle Assumptions put maximum distance at 4 km and since Rumple's not sitting there and waiting for Samus to get away.

Yeah, Samus still holds the advantage. She's in character as someone who strikes first, where as the Dark One still usually talks for a few seconds and seems to prefer to toy with his opponent before he does anything. Samus also still negates durability and Wave Beam phases through barriers, so Samus is still one-shotting.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, Samus still holds the advantage. She's in character as someone who strikes first, where as the Dark One still usually talks for a few seconds and seems to prefer to toy with his opponent before he does anything. Samus also still negates durability and Wave Beam phases through barriers, so Samus is still one-shotting.
The Dark One does not talk when he is in open combat, my dear. Also, I don't know why, but you're all ignoring Rumple's own precognition.

We're not ignoring it, but Samus has a strong level of Precognition, leads with hax first and foremost. Samus has also dealt with enemies with similar if not greater levels of Precognition than Rumble's.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We're not ignoring it, but Samus has a strong level of Precognition, leads with hax first and foremost. Samus has also dealt with enemies with similar if not greater levels of Precognition than Rumble's.
And Nimue - a much lesser Dark One - when in Emma's body, fought with Merlin, a guy with such a strong Precognition that he foresaw things that would happen 5,000 years later, and even things that were going to happen after his own death.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I am 99% sure that unless you're talking about the hax her basic attacks have (i.e.: Wave & Ice), that's untrue.

@Cal yes, that's what he's talking about.

@OwnMagic Samus has resisted her precognition being useless from Phazon, which was able to **** with the Chozo, who have psychic powers and can see far into the future as well.

Theglassman12 said:
@OwnMagic Samus has resisted her precognition being useless from Phazon, which was able to **** with the Chozo, who have psychic powers and can see far into the future as well.
Then what?

What do you mean "then what?" Her Precognition is going to work here, which will give her the edge to fire off her attacks before Rumple can.

Theglassman12 said:
What do you mean "then what?" Her Precognition is going to work here, which will give her the edge to fire off her attacks before Rumple can.
I mean, that wasn't the point. Rumple has also got precog, and you're simply ignoring it. I see no resistance to it in her profile.

Also, how far was said "far into the future"? Was it more than 5,000 years? If not, Rumple still resists.

The fact that Phasedrift is a thing in Samus' arsenal, which pretty much counters the Precognition makes it unreliable in this scenario.

Theglassman12 said:
The fact that Phasedrift is a thing in Samus' arsenal, which pretty much counters the Precognition makes it unreliable in this scenario.
What's "Phasedrift"? You mean, the time dilatation thing? How fast does it activate?

Theglassman12 said:
Slowing down time, which activates with a thought.
You'll slow down time. It activates with a thought. Okay.

Well, Rumple's likely going to paralyze her before that, which also needs barely a thought.

Is she used to start with Time Hax?

Yeah, considering she uses it a lot throughout the game. How willing is he to paralyze her right off the bat?

Ok, both of those require a gesture for it to activate. Not as fast as processing a thought.

Theglassman12 said:
Ok, both of those require a gesture for it to activate. Not as fast as processing a thought.
What the Hell are you talking about? Transmutation requires a gesture, yes, but paralyzing does not (and Rumple is likely only going to turn her into a bug after paralyzing her). He clearly did not move in the first link I sent you.

Theglassman12 said:
Has he used that numerous times against different people?
No, you see, I'm using as an argument a thing that he did only in said moment.

Now, turning the Ironic Mode off, it is quite obvious he has, as I said "both are skills he uses pretty much".

My vote remains for Samus. Her far greater reaction speed, ability to slow down time for herself and her weaponry is able to one shot him. All of this grants her the overall advantage in this kind of matchup. Assuming his paralysis is as fast as thought as all he needs to activate it is a thought, Samus's Massively FTL+ reaction speeds would be able to peg him before he even gets that done, even without mentioning her time hax. Also precog is less of a factor then people are making it out to be. It doesn't matter if they know an attack is coming if niether of them have no means of defending or dodging. This fight ends when the first one attacks and Samus has the clear advantage. Even being nice and saying they attack at the exact same time, if he leads with paralysis Samus can't move but he is dead. If he leads with transmutation, Samus is turned into a pig but he is still dead. If he tries to reposition or advance to use his other spells, he will get shot and die. If he teleports, she can track him as she has done so before when she has fought teleporting characters in her games and shoot him as he reappears.

Reaction speed does not equal combat speed. Also if you read my post I state if they attack at the same time she still wins. Also she has time hax that still would let her move first regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back