• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Assume that Dante's demon heritage makes Dante susceptible to Jack's sword. Or don't. It might make a better arguement if we debate whether or not it would work. Anyway, who wins and why?
Samurai Jack
Jack is back!

DMC2 - Dante

well i don't think that his sword can damage Dante like Aku cause Aku was pure evil Dante isn't so i think that it won't work but Dante is much slower than Jack as Jack is likely relativistic+ though it can be cancelled by Dante's quicksilver so i think Dante wins due to being more hax and jack's lack of evil he is fighting against but thats me :/

If morals on then i see no way how jack can hurt dante,if bloodlusted jack can disarm dante with his superior skill and speed and kill him with his own sword(or atleast cut him into a million pieces and see if it works)

Dante. Jack's sword is capable of harming those who are evil, however, although Dante is a demon he is not evil. With that Dante outranks Jack in every stat except for speed and even then Trickster styles and Quicksilver help to deal with that problem.

KazarianFahs said:
If morals on then i see no way how jack can hurt dante,if bloodlusted jack can disarm dante with his superior skill and speed and kill him with his own sword(or atleast cut him into a million pieces and see if it works)
It's been years since I've watched Samurai Jack. Is there an argument for Jack being more skilled than Dante? I don't remember Jack showing fighting skill on par with Dante.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
KazarianFahs said:
It's been years since I've watched Samurai Jack. Is there an argument for Jack being more skilled than Dante? I don't remember Jack showing fighting skill on par with Dante.

Ok then here goes,even tho it isn't explicity implied,that he's ageless,but he has and i quote "learned archery from robinhood,wrestling from the romans and martial arts in the original shaolin temples" that would make his sort of an immortal since they are from varying time periods and originators of certain combat techniques,and his mastery over the complete spectrum of combat namely archery at range,weapons and hand to hand from shaolin temple and grappling takedowns and submissions(lol against dante) from romans,so you can say jack has learned and mastered from the best.Not to mention his much superior speed to dante,sub relativistic vs relativisic +(working on thread for making him FTL) yea,like a stated above,if in character,jack will simply not fight since dante isn't evil and is a living being,if morals off then jack wins mid diff,due to superior speed and skill.

the problem is that Dante has hax to close it out and Jack can't exactly hurt Dante because he doesn't have enough AP as Dante isn't evil and Dante with DT can dish out and take all of Jack's attacks if we add Yamato durability ignored

I'm still wondering which is it really.

"Assume that Dante's demon heritage makes Dante susceptible to Jack's sword. Or don't. It might make a better arguement if we debate whether or not it would work."

Does the sword work on Dante or not for this thread?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
the problem is that Dante has hax to close it out and Jack can't exactly hurt Dante because he doesn't have enough AP as Dante isn't evil and Dante with DT can dish out and take all of Jack's attacks if we add Yamato durability ignored

true that tho,but can't just jack blitz him with a decap(considering his sword works) since this match is stupid anyway.since base dante is just hypersonic+,he won't be able to process the information of someone attacking him at that speed.

thats dmc 3 dante and he might get upgraded besides the OP never really specified which Dante so I am going with the most powerful one which has country to planet level attacks also don't forget quicksilver a pain....

but he isn't gonna start out in devil trigger,is he? and he still is a MHS+ and i have already made a thread asking for FTL jack(https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/274690) and even against a relativistic+ opponent,dante still won't be able to process an object moving towards him at that speed,he'd be decapped before he can process any sort of though of using quicksilver.And doesn't matter the attacks,if jack's sword works it works,it negates any and all sort of durability against a living being.

Since when did Jack's sword ''ever ''negate durability? That's not a power I remember it having in the show.

ThePerpetual said:
Since when did Jack's sword ever negate durability? That's not a power I remember it having in the show.
If you are "evil" that is,(i admit that was sort of overexaggeration)i simply referred to the fact that dante doesn't wear any armor wahtsoever,if jack's sword were to work,it'll cut clean through dante,without much effort

well it doesn't as Dante isn't an evil person so the swords special effects becomes null and Dante shrugs of wounds like that easily

TISSG7Redgrave said:
well it doesn't as Dante isn't an evil person so the swords special effects becomes null and Dante shrugs of wounds like that easily
but then why this match in the first place?(i agree dante isn't evil) and noone has decapped him and cut him into a million pieces before

I'm unsure about calling Jack more skilled than Dante because Jack mastered several fighting styles. Dante's displayed superhuman fighting skills.

As for speed, why is Dante only sub-relativistic for reacting to Blitz's lightning? Shouldn't that be relativistic considering Blitz's lightning was point-blank rather than cloud-to-ground? And how do we know Jack dodging sunlight isn't a random outlier? At least Dante has 2 lightning feats, both without Devil Trigger and without Quicksilver.

Fine. Assume the sword can hurt Dante. I just wanted a debate on whether or not it could, but that scheme failed...

The real cal howard said:
Fine. Assume the sword can hurt Dante. I just wanted a debate on whether or not it could, but that scheme failed...
It won't, since DMC makes a distinction between good and bad demons, the sword won't even scratch Dante, but then wouldn't be much of a matchup.

KazarianFahs said:
It won't, since DMC makes a distinction between good and bad demons, the sword won't even scratch Dante, but then wouldn't be much of a matchup.
That's why he said to assume that the sword can do harm and not be useless.

I think people can really "misinterpret Jack's "sword cannot harm the innocent claim."

In the words of Jack himself, "IN THE HAND OF EVIL, it can never harm an innocent". In other words, Jack sword can still harm good guys as long as it's in the hands of a good character.

If Jack's blade could not harm the innocent, then he wouldn't have the killed the Magma Warrior in a honorable battle to the death or hurt the reptilian monks when he was infected with Aku's cold. Just saying

I interpret the quote....

"In the hand of evil, it can never harm an innocent."

...as Jack saying the sword is for all its power, no more than a sharp stick in the hands of evil, kinda like how Thor's hammer is an oversized paperweight for a person it deems unworthy.

But yeah, this as well.

***If Jack's blade could not harm the innocent, then he wouldn't have the killed the Magma Warrior in a honorable battle to the death or hurt the reptilian monks when he was infected with Aku's cold.***

That's a good way to interpret it but I just wanted to point out he can still still harm good guys with the blade.

This isn't a fiar fight anymore after the recent upgrades.

(Sorry if it isn't my place to say anything... still new here)

Well then again, Poin? The OP didn't specify which version of Dante is being used here so....maybe it's a complete stomp? Who knows....

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well then again, Poin? The OP didn't specify which version of Dante is being used here so....maybe it's a complete stomp? Who knows....
Well the picture is of DMC2 Dante so I assume him, unless the OP does actually specify what Dante.

Also I literally have nothing to do for the next few hours other than checking my notifications. Saw that Dante got a upgrade and decided to see if any of his losses still applied.

(Like I said, sorry if I'm out of line. I'm actually a little nervous about saying anything in case I just look stupid)

Naw, your not out of line man. It's technically the OP's resposibility to make sure which version of a character (Dante in his case here now) is being used here. Because the OP didn't do that, we might have to count this as a complete Stomp if DMC2 Dante was used. Or if it's perhaps his weaker forms, maybe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back