• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello everyone, i've recently finished watching all the 5 seasons of Samurai Jack, and after looking at Jack's current abilities i believe i have found things that need be adjusted as well as a few additions, this will be almost entirely focused on the protagonist, Jack.

Let's start by adjusting Jacks's current AP description, the explanation given says that Jack and Mad Jack destroyed an entire forest when they clashed their swords causing some kind of explosion, however this was an illusion, when Jack let go of his negative emotions the forest was no longer in flames and remained completely intact, the only one that did seem to have a physical presence was Mad Jack since both he and Jack retained some injuries when the fight was over, in short the forest explosion never actually happened and that is why that part of the description should be removed.

Now onto the next one, there's an ability that needs to be removed, it's flight, he can't fly normally and the space suit is not part of Jack's standard equipment either.

There's a few abilities that i think should be added though, in season 2 episode 7 Jack scales a mountain so high it stood above the clods, and he did so while wearing normal clothes, this heavily implies he has resistance to freezing temperatures, any normal human without proper clothing would have had severe frostbite if put under the same conditions, there's also another scene in the same episode where he fights a yeti-like monster, Jack yelled so loud that he made an ice spike as big as the yeti creature fall. Since (as far as i know) there isn't a super power name for screaming really loudly let's just call it Sound Manipulation and then add a description to it.

Jack's limited telekinesis needs a description, he can only use this power as a spirit. (season 3 episode 9)

His Enhanced Senses also needs a description, since anyone who isn't familiar with the character and verse would have to guess which senses are enhanced and to what extent.

In season 2 episode 9 he showed resistance to a tranquilizer through sheer willpower, the second tranquilizer put him down, still even if it was just one it counts as minor resistance.

In season 4 episode 4 he resisted and eventually got rid of Aku's Possession.

Next i need to address his lifting strength, he never carried the 700 ton sumo wrestler, here's what actually happened, there have been other lifting feats but they need to be calculated, i would suggest calculating Jack pushing a large column in season 3 episode 5, but until then his lifting strength should stay at Superhuman.

Jack's stamina needs an adjustment, he never fought for days on end, the closest thing to that was his all day long battle with the Scotsman, but it happened for comedic effect only, in fact we see we see Jack fatigued and panting during his battles several times, like in season 3 episode 13 for example, which completely contradicts that feat, however he does recover very quickly.

His Standard Equipment needs to be fixed, everything should be removed with the only exception being his sword, which is pretty much the only thing he always carries around.

Remember when i said that this will be almost entirely focused on Jack? Well here's the much smaller part dedicated to everything else:

Aku should get 2 new abilities, in season 3 episode 4 he stated that he could smell blood, and in season 4 episode 4 he briefly possessed Jack.

Ashi should have her resistance to mind control removed, possession and mind control are different, and there's nothing to suggest she that she can resist it.

That's all i got, at least for now.

Edit: i forgot to mention what's so special about Aku smelling blood, he can do it even if it's inside a person's body, making it a great anti stealth ability, also Jacks travel speed must be different than his fighting speed, it always took time for him to travel great distances and even once used a motorcycle for his travels which heavily implies he'd be slower without it, if he is Relativistic+ in travel speed he would be able to run in circles around the world in seconds, but we never see it happen.

Mad Jack is literally Jack's clone, but pure evil. He has exactly the same skills, strength, speed, etcetera. As for me, that moment is exactly what would be happened if Jack will confront with an equal opponent.

Probably yes, not sure why some people consider high jumping as flight.

No, he actually don't withstand cold climate. In S4E04, he was exhausted due to cold climate, but has been saved by the two men.

During the fight with the Scotsman, they both wasn't able to move, otherwise they might fall into the abyss. But even simple sword attacks for all day are enough to classify their stamina as it is now.

To be continued.

Continuing what Ogurt said (note: is not what he thinks, is just that I agree with what he said):

I don't remember Jack having tk to be fair, but if he only have it during one episode, then we should write it.

Capable to dodge and fight while being incapable to see and (maybe) enhansed hearing are two abilities that come to my mind.

Need to see it (resistance to paralisys).

If I recall correctly Jack overcome the possession with the help of some monks, he can resist, but by his own he would have been infected eventually.

I agree with this(the sumo one), I think SA has a calc for that, although gor make it official a blog is needed.

The arsenal thing is technically true, hiwever this is a more generic power, several characters have weapons used once and didn't conserve added in standard equipment.

@Ogurtsow Yes, it's true that Mad Jack is a evil version of Jack and has the same capabilities and power, but it doesn't change the fact that what happened to the forest was not not real.

The difference beetween that scene and the mountain climbing episode is that one shows how much time Jack spent in those climates and the other doesn't.

The biggest problems i have with that feat is that it happened for comedic effect and it was also repeatedly contradicted, it doesn't take too much searching to find Jack panting in his battles.

@Antoniofer You can see it in season 3 episode 9, where he fights a demon as a spirit.

The tranquilizer was not meant to paralize him, it almost put him to sleep until Aku's name was mentioned.

It is true that the monks helped him out, but their leader stated that they could only delay the possession, not cure or get rid of it, he had to do it himself, watch the video that Phoenix sent.

So what counts as standard equipment? Something that a chatacter is guaranteed to always have or anything the character laid it's hands on?

Edit: I found Jack's fight with the demon.

Back