• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
After believing Samurai Jack's 7-C rating to be dubious based on the reasoning on his profiles, I decided to calc the feats that gave him this rating. Most of them shared a common problem: they were done over time and/or by multiple characters. That is not how we rank characters. We need them to do the damage in a single second or do it in one strike.

Calcing all the feats on his page that featured one-off attacks and durability feats, we find that Jack lands solidly in High 8-C. In fact, all three feats that hit High 8-C are within 35% of each other. Jack is very consistently on this level.

This would effect Jack himself, in addition to The Scotsma, Scotsman's Wife, Ashi, and anyone else I am forgetting that gets scaling from Jack.

TLDR: Jack's 7-C feats aren't 7-C, they are High 8-C. High 8-C is consistent, and Jack should be downgraded.

There's seems to be a problem with linking in the OP. Also, what's the feat(s) that placed Jack's at 7-C again?

I agree with the downgrades, as High 8-C seems pretty consistent and his 7-C feat is dubious at best

inb4 Jack vs Able (SCP-076)

Antoniofer said:
There's seems to be a problem with linking in the OP. Also, what's the feat(s) that placed Jack's at 7-C again?
They are in my calc. I fixed the link now.

Welp, it seems to be everything in order and thus good, and I predicted jack being around that level long ago when they were hitted by those missiles (although not kinda).

It is also consistent with his feat of surviving the explosion of a castle, if i recall correctly

If he has a castle surviving feat we could try to calc that. It depends on the castle size, but considering the camera distance Jack uses it may also be High 8-C.

Atm though they are NOT Town level and shouldn't be treated as such.

We should probably close all battles involving 7-C Jack.

And start Jack vs Genji...

It was Scotsman that survived the castle actually but Jack scales anyway so it doesn't really matter

If i recall correctly, it was in that episode where he meets a Roman-esque army and gets left behind in a exploding castle

Oh different feat then the one I was thinking of is in the episode with Scotsman's wife a castle falls on him at the end and he survives it

I've been doubtful of 7-C Jack for quite a while now. I think downgrading him based upon these feats would be good. I'll update the pages if this gets accepted.

Js250476 said:
https://youtu.be/6uwGrqdj97k 3:13 would this be worth calcing at all?
Well considering that it was just toppled from having its base destroyed instead of being scattered, probably not.

The KE of the pile of bones that hit The Scotsman wouldn't be that impressive either, considering how slowly that building came down.

Figured but thanks for answering, only thing left I can think of is the sunlight dodge calc I posted above

Js250476 said:
Figured but thanks for answering, only thing left I can think of is the sunlight dodge calc I posted above
Unless the movement is done by a Kaiju or other monster, or the character is directly stated to have power from speed, we don't use human character speed for KE. Most fictions don't equate high speed to high strength, or vice versa. They are generally treated as separate factors.

Also 1 Gigaton is pretty ridiculously above everything else ever shown in the series outside of Aku.

Js250476 said:
Well and The goddess of water,Nameless Evil,Cronus Ect But i think I get your point
Oh yeah, I forgot this verse has Cosmics... but yeah Jack doesn't scale to them at all.

Yeah you're right about that.

Now back to the topic: Jack to High 8-C. The calcs have been accepted, and the castle explosion seems unquantifiably in Tier 8.

Are there any other heavy hitting feats that aren't outliers (looking at you, 1 Gigaton Jack) that need calcing? If not they are probably safe to be downgraded and all discussions using Town level Jack closed.

So should we leave this open any longer? The calcs have been accepted by multiple calc members and I don't think we are forgetting anything that isn't a grievous outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back