• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Regenerationn Revision

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
A bit of a smaller CRT than my usual ones.

Currently for Ata and Daruma we have their Regenerationn at Mid. For Hachimaru we have his Regenerationn at High.

I believe that after the latest chapter (Chapter 20), we should put all of their Regenerationn values at High-Mid.

The basis of their Regenerationn is from the key inside their head, meaning they can regenerate their entire body even after being decapitated. This also suggests that they cannot regenerate if their head is destroyed.

So the most appropriate value for all of them is High-Mid: "The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of your body, such as your severed head, a single organ, or a finger."

I believe we should also mention in each of their Weaknesses sections that regenerating their entire bodies can take potentially hours, going by Daruma's words.

Hachi actually stabbed himself in the head by accident. They regenerate from a key in their heads, not their brains or heads, otherwise he'd be dead after he stabbed himself. Does anyone know how big "keys" are?

There is a reason I did not change the Ata and Daruma profiles to High yet... That needs to be downgraded. They do have atomic/subatomic manip but they need the thing in their head as we know. It's a bit of a weird situation tbh. The rest of their body can be entire destroyed but as long as the key in their head is fine they can regen. We would need to specify that it is only the key in their head that is required.

Rocker1189 said:
There is a reason I did not change the Ata and Daruma profiles to High yet... That needs to be downgraded. They do have atomic/subatomic manip but they need the thing in their head as we know. It's a bit of a weird situation tbh. The rest of their body can be entire destroyed but as long as the key in their head is fine they can regen. We would need to specify that it is only the key in their head that is required.
If the key is small enough it could potentially qualify for low high (I've been told regenerating from a finger or your eyeballs would grant you that.)

Yeah yeah I agree. I bet we would get people who can regen instantly though. Based on what Daruma said about regen speed being based on the samurai

@Lightbuster30; technically regenerating from a finger would still be High-Mid.

Damage3245 said:
@Lightbuster30; technically regenerating from a finger would still be High-Mid.
Hmm, last I was told, regenerating from a tiny part of your body such as an eye was low high. Mind you, this was a year or so ago, so things probably aren't the same.

We need to specify that not all Samurai have the same regen speed. That's literally stated and needs to be specified in the weakness

It's stated that Hachi has very fast regen

So we could reword the weakness to: Regenerating an entire body can take potentially hours, but Regenerationn speed varies among Samurai and less damaging injuries can be healed much quicker. ?

Yeah, his seems to be faster than normal based on the dudes (forgotten his name) words. Also, I may be wrong on this and it wasn't said, but wasn't Darumas cat form stated to have lower/slower/slow levels of regen speeds? Correct me if I am wrong.

@Shadow; so we're okay to update the profiles?

I think so, just link the thread when doing any changes.

it seems simple enough not to warrant massive amount of support and votes for a simple change like this

Back