• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakuya Izayoi vs Dio Brando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakuya Izayoi vs Dio Brando

Scenario:

• Method of Victory: Death, KO or BFR of the opponent
  • No prep time
  • Standard equipment
  • In character, but willing to kill (no spellcard rules)
  • Character version: The ones listed in the profiles
  • Start distance between combatants: 20 Meters
I guess a few people will know the battle already, but it was never discussed here (as far as I am aware) so lets see ~

Not all to often and if usually only ones with very low controversy. Lets see how this will be going.

Dio.

His stand is too fast for sakuya and accumulative damage will destroy her.

But if sakuya uses time acceleration...then i'm not sure.

Dont know too much about sakuya izayoi but from what i know doesnt she stomp dio?Her time manipulation is a whole different level than dio

Celestial Pegasus said:
Dont know too much about sakuya izayoi but from what i know doesnt she stomp dio?Her time manipulation is a whole different level than dio
Well she can do more than just time stop, so Sakuya has the versatility advantage.

Isn´t Dios movement speed also just Hypersonic+? Sakuya is a mid to long range fighter, so she could space him effectively given that his attacks are usually limited to 10 meters range, couldn´t she?

And given that forcing a time stop on sakuya would be difficult would accumulating damage even work?

Celestial Pegasus said:
And from what i see on her page she can erase time thereby erasing things from existence
Really? Damn. Well then again, i did read about both characters abilities outside of this wiki.

Hmm. We should try to summerize what advantage and disadvantage does Dio and Sakuya have on each other.

DontTalk said:
Isn´t Dios movement speed also just Hypersonic+? Sakuya is a mid to long range fighter, so she could space him effectively given that his attacks are usually limited to 10 meters range, couldn´t she?
And given that forcing a time stop on sakuya would be difficult would accumulating damage even work?
Yes he is, but he also has FTL reactions by virtue of easily deflecting Hierophant's Emerald Splash as well as keeping up with Star Platinum(though the latter was only when Dio absorbed Josephs blood).

Yes, in close combat he seems superior (even through sakuya as usual has Touhou general laser dodging stuff, even through it is always questionable to which degree it counts).

Speeding up and compressing time can make at least her projectiles virtually instant. And erasing people from time is really just a direct effect without the need to hit with an projectile or something.

Another question is if sakuya can change timeflow of sorroundings during a timestop from dio. For example she could produce time reversing fields around her, so that she becomes hard to approach.

Talonmask said:
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Apparently Dio has Sakuya in his notable victories.

OBD thread and a short one. Doesn´t necessary represent what actually is the case.

Talonmask said:
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Apparently Dio has Sakuya in his notable victories.
Yeah.....but i'd still like to see what others think of this fight though.

From what i see from their profiles dio loses. Sakuya is far more versatile capable of stopping time,speeding it up,erasing it and even able to manipulate space to skrink and increase distances. Her dc is higher too dio wont get the chance to accumulate damage.Dio is only hypersonic+ with ftl reactions while sakuya is relativistic or possible light speed. Speed wont make much of a difference when sakuya can just increase or decrease distance at will.

Have to go with Sakuya, for the reasons stated above. It'll be difficult if not impossible for Dio to stop time on Sakuya, and she has a massive range, versatility, and movement speed advantage. Without time stop, Dio can't hurt her (outside of vaporization freezing, but it's not like he's going to get anywhere close), and Sakuya can just manipulate space and time to erase him or make her projectiles basically instant. And Sakuya can stop time anyways, so it's not like Dio will hold an advantage there, either.

So, yeah, Sakuya wins. The only place Dio has an advantage is close combat and he's never going to get close enough.

Promestein said:
Have to go with Sakuya, for the reasons stated above. It'll be difficult if not impossible for Dio to stop time on Sakuya, and she has a massive range, versatility, and movement speed advantage. Without time stop, Dio can't hurt her (outside of vaporization freezing, but it's not like he's going to get anywhere close), and Sakuya can just manipulate space and time to erase him or make her projectiles basically instant. And Sakuya can stop time anyways, so it's not like Dio will hold an advantage there, either.
So, yeah, Sakuya wins. The only place Dio has an advantage is close combat and he's never going to get close enough.
With Sakuya's more wide range skill set at Time mainpulation as well as her space powers, i can give this to Sakuya.

In which way are his stats too high? She has advantage except in combat/reaction speed and for accumulated attack potency.

Also dio has only time stop as far as I am aware, while sakuya has a lot more.

Sakuya due to hax. She quite literally one shots Dio, the only issue is Za Warudo blocking everything due to muh FTL.

However, she has enough hax to outplay this, such as speeding her knives, making them appear instantly due to timeline hax or just outright deleting Dio of reality. Considering this is in Character, he won't uses Time Stop Barrage until too late.

The Everlasting said:
Dio via TS barrage.
Bruh this is Dio, he's Haughty as heck, no way he's blitzing with this or anything. Like I said, it's more likely that Sakuya uses her hax to puts him down before he busts out this.

The Everlasting said:
Dio via TS barrage.
And how's he going to get that off on someone with much faster movement speed, a massive range advantage, time stop, as well as space and time manipulation that allows her to manipulate and erase distance?

Sooo... should I remove dios victory over sakuya from his page by this, or does anyone have objections?

I have no objections. Cause Sakuya is stronger, she has a lot of variety in her skills than just time stopping, and at least movement-wise, she's faster. So while Dio does have higher reactions and a stand with the ability to do accumalitive damaging, taht's all he has i=on him.

Off-topic, but there isn't any explanation on why Sakuya is City level+. Any reason why that is, anyone?

DontTalk said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Off-topic, but there isn't any explanation on why Sakuya is City level+. Any reason why that is, anyone?
Nobody is weaker then Cirno
Gotcha. Yeah again in this case, Sakuya wins this here.

Actually i got another question: So what if this was Dio after he absorbed Joseph's blood? Or what about a composite Dio(basically Dio who has both his powers from Part 1 of Phantom Blood and Part 3 of Stardust Crusaders)? Would either of those make a difference or does Sakuya eventually still wins here?

I stated in the description that we use the profile version of the characters, since I actually have no idea about the stats of the other versions of dio.

In which way is he different then that of the profile?

DontTalk said:
I stated in the description that we use the profile version of the characters, since I actually have no idea about the stats of the other versions of dio.
In which way is he different then that of the profile?
Not much else i could tell you, DT. All i know is that Dio after taking Joseph's blood he gets: Extended time stop(first one he did after that was 9 seconds, second and last time prior to his death was 11 seconds), has possible FTL speeds as he was actually capable of keeping up with SP while they were punching the steamroller Dio tried to use on Jotaro, and his regen was a s***ton more better than pre-blood absorption.

Composite Dio is Dio with his Ice Powers and Space Ripper Eyes plus Adding his stand togeter. So it's Dio with his original powers + The World.

FTL movement speed would be the most relevant difference here, since it would mean that he blitzes sakuya.

But if we disregard that because of possible I would say it doesn´t change.

In the end her ability to make stuff, even tons of projectiles, just vanish by removing their future and present from time is what gives her a large advantage, because it also overcomes even quite large regen (and getting other timeline version of herself to help is good to).

Well for one, The FTL part is only for Dio's Combat and Reaction speeds. Meaning he's actually around the same speed in movement, but just has higher speeds and attack and reactions. That's it.

So yeah even with that, Dio would eventually lose here unless he spams his timestop to heaven(which doesn't mean anything seeing that's his biggest bet to doing that, and yet Sakuya can also TS plus do even more going by her page here).

So once again, Sakuya gets this(as much as i love Dio though).

If we do, we should specify that it's Canon / SDC Dio, as Eyes of Heaven Dio would probably change things.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Is EoH Dio the one who's like...universe+?
No idea yet. EoH Dio doesn't have anything backing him up but hype. But... he presumably went through the same process as Pucci to upgrade his stand, so universe+ seems like a good bet.

Even so, he should be separated from regular Dio either by a different page or a separator once we see the extent of his power.

Huh, well the specification would probably be necessary for all his losses to this point then.

If it is about adding them: I removed his victory against sakuya some time ago from dios page. If you also want to add victory/loss to the pages you can do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back