• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakamoto Rel speed upgrade

So in a recent chapter Sakamoto dodges lasers.

Justification for lightspeed:
Called a laser
Called light
Travels in straight line
Realistic light source
Retracts

Check the top left of this panel, the attack started there, he only dodges when it's already on the ground, he didn't dodge the laser
umTFZnQ_d.webp

Check the top left of this panel, the attack started there, he only dodges when it's already on the ground, he didn't dodge the laser
umTFZnQ_d.webp
That's not the part, it's when he fires it point blank in his face and he uses the pipe to refract the beam and it bounces off and into the other guys back.

Sakamoto isn't actually dodging any lasers there as far as I can tell.

Sakamoto isn't actually dodging any lasers there as far as I can tell.
It’s hard to see but in the second panel bottom left corner he’s facing the laser point blank then the next panel he’s refracting it. He’d had to have moved quick enough to turn around and angle the bar to deflect it.

No, he isn't dodging the light necessarily he's dodging the movement of the thing that's projecting the light which could be moving at 1km for all we know, this won't work and makes no sense

No, he isn't dodging the light necessarily he's dodging the movement of the thing that's projecting the light which could be moving at 1km for all we know, this won't work and makes no sense
He actually dodges the light in the other panel.

My bad, can you show the panel ?
I can see him reacting and blocking it but when did he dodge it?
It’s this sequence here, first he’s about to fire it point blank in his face. (2nd page)

Then we see that the laser hits him in the back,(1st page) and the following panel shows that it’s because Sakamoto reacted and changed the course of the laser with one of those metal beams.(2nd page)

It’s this sequence here, first he’s about to fire it point blank in his face. (2nd page)

Then we see that the laser hits him in the back,(1st page) and the following panel shows that it’s because Sakamoto reacted and changed the course of the laser with one of those metal beams.(2nd page)

The second panel isn't showing up

Kanaguri specifically says that he's shooting out a beam of light. So, I believe Sakamoto dodging it is intentional. It just shows how fast he is. And if we believe Kindaka is actually LS (not saying he is) then this would line up with that too.

@Quangotjokes @SDTaro

Yes, I agree to this feats. However, I will fully agree if you can explain that this is not Aim Dodging:

1. In the first left corner panel; Kanaguri says something before he launches his attack, followed by Sakamoto turning his head towards him.
2. last panel; we switch to the POV of the laser itself, which is going to Sakamoto's face.

The problem:

- In the top panel, Sakamoto could have made the move immediately after Kanaguri spoke. Since we don't know what Sakamoto's hand was doing at the time, it's possible that when the laser wasn't launched yet, Sakamoto had already anticipated it, which would make this feat classified as Aim Dodging.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

@Quangotjokes @SDTaro

Yes, I agree to this feats. However, I will fully agree if you can explain that this is not Aim Dodging:

1. In the first left corner panel; Kanaguri says something before he launches his attack, followed by Sakamoto turning his head towards him.
2. last panel; we switch to the POV of the laser itself, which is going to Sakamoto's face.

The problem:

- In the top panel, Sakamoto could have made the move immediately after Kanaguri spoke. Since we don't know what Sakamoto's hand was doing at the time, it's possible that when the laser wasn't launched yet, Sakamoto had already anticipated it, which would make this feat classified as Aim Dodging.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I would argue that in the very last panel, the zooming-in effect which represents something getting closer means the light was already fired. And at that point, we can see Sakamoto hasn't moved his hands yet. There is also the "SHING" sound effect which could represent the sound the light makes when it is fired.

This is a good example. Notice after Heisuke fires the bullets, the same zooming-in effect is on Sakamoto. I believe this symbolizes the bullet coming toward him. So I would apply the same logic in this instance with the camera and the light.

All right I'll try to calculate this feat.

Btw, do you think Sakamoto in his skinny form makes him taller than his fat form? Or is it just a change in body size? This for determine his tall at skinny form

All right I'll try to calculate this feat.

Btw, do you think Sakamoto in his skinny form makes him taller than his fat form? Or is it just a change in body size? This for determine his tall at skinny form
Hmm, I never thought about that. I'm honestly not sure. I would say he does get taller but I'm not 100% certain.

Back