• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Saitama has a 3,34x AP advantage.
Boruto has a much more versatile moveset with sealing, clones, speed amps, and hell maybe even h2h skill so AP difference shouldn't really be a problem. Does Saitama have any arguments in his favor?

Saitama has a 3,34x AP advantage.
Boruto has a much more versatile moveset with sealing, clones, speed amps, and hell maybe even h2h skill so AP difference shouldn't really be a problem. Does Saitama have any arguments in his favor?
His Reactive Power Level likely

Saitama could try and outrange with shockwaves though I doubt he would think of it or if it would be in character

Uhm, yeah, why? It took a wholeass chapter before his growth reached noticeable levels. Of course after that it was getting faster and faster and eventually got extremely fast, but his starting point is literally unnoticeable
That chapter probably took place in like, a minute. Also Saitama is starting with the A.P advantage so I don’t know why you think Boruto will be able to kill him quickly.

Uhm, yeah, why? It took a wholeass chapter before his growth reached noticeable levels. Of course after that it was getting faster and faster and eventually got extremely fast, but his starting point is literally unnoticeable
Not really. His growth started to be noticeable because one was on par with his strength (Garou only started to match Saitama at the end of the previous chapter).

It took Saitama 13 panels for Garou to notice he was getting left into the dust, and from there 4 panels to reach the accepted multiplier applied.

Which, I haven't counted the punches, but I doubt it took more than 30 as a high end. You can count them yourself if you feel like it

That chapter probably took place in like, a minute
The actual time frame is irrelevant because of speed equalization. The amount of actions is what's relevant here and they had a wholeass long fight around Io before Saitamas growth started to kick in.
Also Saitama is starting with the A.P advantage so I don’t know why you think Boruto will be able to kill him quickly.
Boruto just has to kill him before Saitamas jumps like 12 million times and throws countless attacks, I think he definitely has a chance.
The graph literally shows us that Saitamas growth until the end of the fight was a straight line…
It took Saitama 13 panels for Garou to notice he was getting left into the dust, and from there 4 panels to reach the accepted multiplier applied.
Yeah and it took Saitama jumping around Io and attacking Garou millions of times alongside a whole chapter worth of fighting to get to those 13 punches. Of course if Boruto let's it get to that level he will quickly get defeated. But until then, he's fine.

Did you guys just forget that Garou had his own reactive evolution along with power mimicry? Saitama outgrew him despite that. It would be much faster otherwise. Like, in-training Saitama could blitz and one-shot someone who was stomping him a moment ago and reach relativistic speed by just trying hard. This Saitama's RE should scale far above in-training one's or anyone else's in the verse due to breaking his limiter. Alongside being at a massive AP disadvantage, Boruto would deal with a speed disadvantage moments into the fight.

Besides, Saitama does scale to the full value and then some more. It has been that way for a long time. He is already in one-shot range right at the beginning. Not to mention, Saitama is also accepted to be more skilled than Garou once he is serious.

Unless Boruto has a way to instantly one-shot Saitama and it is also in-character for him, there is no way Saitama is losing this.

Did you guys just forget that Garou had his own reactive evolution along with power mimicry? Saitama outgrew him despite that. It would be much faster otherwise.
It's been a while since I read older OPM manga but I'm pretty sure Garous reactive evolution was, exactly that. Reactive. He usually got beaten up for most of the fight and then had a big jump.
In other words Saitama didn't need to grow stronger to keep up with him.
Besides, Saitama does scale to the full value and then some more. It has been that way for a long time. He is already in one-shot range right at the beginning.
Isn't that only parallel timeline Saitama, not post training? Current Saitama would be his post balding key as of now.
Not to mention, Saitama is also accepted to be more skilled than Garou once he is serious.
Uhm, no? His profile only notes of his skill when it comes to learning and replicating techniques. But skill in general isn't just learning a special punch and using it. If that were to be the case everyone would be equally skilled as Mike Tyson 💀
Unless Boruto has a way to instantly one-shot Saitama and it is also in-character for him, there is no way Saitama is losing this.
Or he could just overwhelm him with clones, speed amps, sealing, etc.

Someone just said Saitama's growth rate is ass lol. His growth rate is so fast that his next punch can one-shot someone who literally tanked just his previous punch. If that growth rate applies here, he will speedblitz and reduce Boruto to individual atoms after mere moments. The whole sequence where he fought Garou took like a very short period of time, possibly only milliseconds considering their speeds. Regardless, Saitama isn't bloodlusted here so his growth rate isn't remotely as fast as when he fights Garou.

Last edited:
The graph literally shows us that Saitamas growth until the end of the fight was a straight line…
That's not how exponential work.
Yeah and it took Saitama jumping around Io and attacking Garou millions of times alongside a whole chapter worth of fighting to get to those 13 punches. Of course if Boruto let's it get to that level he will quickly get defeated. But until then, he's fine.
His growth that went unnoticed by anybody since there was nobody on par with his strength

Suddenly
started to soar exponentially.

At the point you're referring, not only the growth is unknown (it is at the left of the chart), but didn't start to soar exponentially yet nor was noticed (no one was in par with him yet).

Saitama's exponential growth started at the beginning of that chapter, which is the point of the fight when Garou started to match his strength (the point where he started to notice his growth and it suddenly started to soar exponentially, as the narrator implies)

It's been a while since I read older OPM manga but I'm pretty sure Garous reactive evolution was, exactly that. Reactive. He usually got beaten up for most of the fight and then had a big jump.
In other words Saitama didn't need to grow stronger to keep up with him.
If you think that, please, read OPM again.

Garou usually got beaten up because his strength was far lower than his enemies', and needed time to catch up. Garou's AD is not like Saiyans' zenkais. He evolves mid-fight
Isn't that only parallel timeline Saitama, not post training? Current Saitama would be his post balding key as of now.
Afaik, both scale (at least durability-wise) to the full value (and I think Saitama does AP-wise too, since he was holding back + he damaged Garou)

Uhm, no? His profile only notes of his skill when it comes to learning and replicating techniques. But skill in general isn't just learning a special punch and using it. If that were to be the case everyone would be equally skilled as Mike Tyson 💀
Garou literally said that Saitama's techniques SURPASS his techniques.

Saitama is SKILLED ASF.

Someone just said Saitama's growth rate is ass lol. His growth rate is so fast that his next punch can one-shot someone who literally tanked just his previous punch. If that growth rate applies here, he will speedblitz and reduce Boruto to individual atoms after mere moments. The whole sequence where he fought Garou took like a very short period of time, possibly only milliseconds considering their speeds.
Already explained why the actual time frame doesn't matter.
Regardless, Saitama isn't bloodlusted here so his growth rate isn't remotely as fast as when he fights Garou.
Good point, that makes it pretty much useless even in the long run as it's not exponential.
I don’t know why are you sending me random math sites when we canonically see his growth was a straight line during the first 90% of the fight in the manga…
Screenshot-2024-05-09-08-22-17-031-eu-kanade-tachiyomi-edit.jpg

His growth that went unnoticed by anybody since there was nobody on par with his strength
Garou copied and matched serious Saitama back on earth. He was on par with him pretty much from the start.
Suddenly started to soar exponentially.
What?
At the point you're referring, not only the growth is unknown (it is at the left of the chart), but didn't start to soar exponentially yet nor was noticed (no one was in par with him yet).
Saitamas growth became "exponential" because of intense emotions. Yk, the emotions he felt from the very start of the battle because Genos killed all of his friends with stage 17 cancer and the one who survived it got killed with a stage 2 donut?
Saitama's exponential growth started at the beginning of that chapter, which is the point of the fight when Garou started to match his strength (the point where he started to notice his growth and it suddenly started to soar exponentially, as the narrator implies)
So what you're saying is that Saitamas growth doesn't take a loooooong time to start being noticeable, it takes the same amount of time to just, start in general. In other words, everything I said applies the exact same way regardless of who's interpretation we take.
If you think that, please, read OPM again.

Garou usually got beaten up because his strength was far lower than his enemies', and needed time to catch up. Garou's AD is not like Saiyans' zenkais. He evolves mid-fight
That doesn't even contradict what I said tho…? Garou canonically gets stronger through near death experiences.
Afaik, both scale (at least durability-wise) to the full value (and I think Saitama does AP-wise too, since he was holding back + he damaged Garou)
No idea about that, this thread is pretty old so it might have been changed since Rana posted it.
Garou literally said that Saitama's techniques SURPASS his techniques.
When? All I remember is Saitama replicating Garous MA.
Saitama is SKILLED ASF.
Saitama fundamentally doesn't understand martial arts. All skill he actually displayed is just performing martial art moves but "skill" is not just about that at all.

Being able to punch in a cool way is great but what matters is knowing when to use the cool punch, what to target, when to dodge, when to block, etc. Anyone can throw an uppercut or a right hook, but that doesn't make them as skilled as Muhammad Ali.

Unless I missed some feats of Saitama being an absolute battle god, his skill seems to be limited to a pseudo-sharingan copying.

In other words, Saitama didn't need to grow stronger to keep up with him.
No. Reread his fights against PS and Darkshine. Garou is growing continuously. Saitama's RE was enough to surpass both that and Garou's power mimicry simultaneously. The latter is literally copying the opponent's strength by seeing it and Garou still thought he was about to die with each passing punch.

And Saitama still has his scaling from his training self and anyone in the verse.
Parallel timeline Saitama is over 50x stronger than his current self. Post-Balding Saitama is also within the one-shot range.
Copying skills isn't some magic button. And Saitama doesn't just learn techniques but also improves them. Time Travel was incomplete and Saitama perfected it. God Slayer Fist is a whole branch of techniques and Saitama learned it no problem. None of these are just some cool punches.
Or he could just overwhelm him with clones, speed amps, sealing, etc.
Again, Saitama will just respond by growing.

Last edited:
When? All I remember is Saitama replicating Garous MA.
it's in his profile, also this btw
Saitama fundamentally doesn't understand martial arts. All skill he actually displayed is just performing martial art moves but "skill" is not just about that at all.
that's an unserious saitama who didnt matched a martial art god, read the battle against Cosmic Garou
Unless I missed some feats of Saitama being an absolute battle god, his skill seems to be limited to a pseudo-sharingan copying.
Read the battle against Cosmic Garou

No. Reread his fights against PS and Darkshine. Garou is growing continuously. Saitama's RE was enough to surpass both that and Garou's power mimicry simultaneously. The latter is literally copying the opponent's strength by seeing it and Garou still thought he was about to die with each passing punch.
Darkshine literally one tapped him and so did PS in the beginning....
And Saitama still has his scaling from his training self and anyone in the verse.
Which was said to trigger with near death experience, not a continuous passive growth.
Copying skills isn't some magic button.
It is with MANY characters.
And Saitama doesn't just learn techniques but also improves them. Time Travel was incomplete and Saitama perfected it. God Slayer Fist is a whole branch of techniques and Saitama learned it no problem. None of these are just some cool punches.
I never doubted that, that's just not the relevant type of skill that's being talked about here.
Again, Saitama will just respond by growing.
Possibly, I'm not saying Boruto stomps or anything. But the discussion would then be whether Saitamas near death growth can save him from a barrage of clones who spam speed blitz tier amps and movement sealing.
Yeah again, copying moves is a specific skill same way chakra control is. It doesn't automatically translate to combat skill.
that's an unserious saitama who didnt matched a martial art god, read the battle against Cosmic Garou
Soooo?

Regardless, this is also not parallel timeline Saitama so he didn't (or well, doesn't remember) fighting cosmic Garou either.
Read the battle against Cosmic Garou
I did. Like 5x. All I remember Saitama doing is random punches at first and then copying Garous moves back at him.

Yeah again, copying moves is a specific skill same way chakra control is. It doesn't automatically translate to combat skill.

Soooo?

Regardless, this is also not parallel timeline Saitama so he didn't (or well, doesn't remember) fighting cosmic Garou either.
idc how it works in Nardo, we are talking about how copying works in One Punch Man

The combat skill is not in parallel timeline, it's in the currrent saitama, and btw, Saitama doesnt need the paralle timeline to have great martial skills cuz he can just do what he did against Garou; envolve, which also works by copying the enemy's strength and combat skills and surpassing it
I did. Like 5x. All I remember Saitama doing is random punches at first and then copying Garous moves back at him.
Garou moves are skilled, sir

Already explained why the actual time frame doesn't matter.
It's relevant because only their "starting" speed is equalized. Garou not only has his own growth rate but also equalized all of Saitama's stats via copying. But look at how he was folded by Saitama regardless. The reason Garou held his own against for so long because Garou kept copying Saitama's stats and still got outpaced at the end anyway. So if you think the same thing would happen here where you assume Boruto will not instantly get one-shotted just like Garou, you are assuming 1. Boruto can copy stats like Garou and 2. He has a growth rate like Garou. Boruto has neither.
Good point, that makes it pretty much useless even in the long run as it's not exponential.
Yup, I'm just pointing out how you were underestimating his growth rate. Technically, in this match, Saitama doesn't grow as fast as when he fought Garou unless the OP makes him bloodlusted.

Darkshine literally one tapped him and so did PS in the beginning.
What about it? Garou still didn't get suddenly stronger. Against Darkshine, it was directly stated that Garou was getting faster and stronger after he got up. Against PS, not only did he not get one-tapped at any point, but it is said by narration that Garou was growing endlessly.
Which was said to trigger with near death experience, not a continuous passive growth.
Near-death experience just gives more RE than normal and it is only a requirement for breaking the limiter. I already gave an example where he doesn't need near-death experience, the part where he almost becomes SoL by trying hard. And we know that even without any of these, he still has some additional passive growth to some degree. In VGS, it is great enough to one-shot himself from yesterday. While it is not accepted in the wiki, Saitama still says in the same audiobook that he wouldn't lose to himself from yesterday. So Saitama has that + his other growth feats + his scaling from Garou.
It is with MANY characters.
Skill-copying was treated as something very rare before the whole cosmic stuff and those capable of it were called geniuses. After the cosmic stuff, it was still explained that Garou could use the copy only thanks to his knowledge of WSRSF. Copying is purely a skill feat in OPM.
I never doubted that, that's just not the relevant type of skill that's being talked about here.
It is though. I am arguing that since Saitama is skilled enough to copy and improve, then he should have enough understanding of these martial arts, whether consciously or instinctively, to use them in battles. He demonstrates this by holding his own against Garou when they had equal stats. Even if Saitama was actually some skillless guy with only the ability to copy, he would just copy Boruto's H2H skills to match him as he did against Garou. But that's simply not the case.
Possibly, I'm not saying Boruto stomps or anything. But the discussion would then be whether Saitamas near death growth can save him from a barrage of clones who spam speed blitz tier amps and movement sealing.
As I said previously, even during his training it was great enough to one-shot someone stomping him and Saitama already starts with more than 6x advantage here. Boruto might very well die right at the beginning. I already gave an example to his speed growth above and his scaling suggests he should be able to blitz someone comparable to him within milliseconds.

Back