• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama moon jump feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ok I looked at the calc and its good and all. But their were some mistakes I like to point out the moon increases how far you can jump even Saitama says In the manga "will it work" "how many times weaker is the moon gravity again". So I looked and the moon increases how far you can jump by 6 (http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q1247.html). Also Why did the clac base it off the anime which was 19 seconds in the manga it only took 6 panels.

I was thinking the same thing, also Saitama was jumping down not up so he wasn't met with any kind of resistence there as well

Huesito88 said:
Also Why did the clac base it off the anime which was 19 seconds in the manga it only took 6 panels.
Panels aren't a time unit. In manga 6 panels could be 6 minutes. In other words in anime we have a timeframe in manga not.

Huesito88 said:
So ok I looked at the calc and its good and all. But their were some mistakes I like to point out the moon increases how far you can jump even Saitama says In the manga "will it work" "how many times weaker is the moon gravity again". So I looked and the moon increases how far you can jump by 6 (http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q1247.html).
That would matter if we wanted to calculate with how high he can jump, but what we want to know is speed.

The fact that saitama jumps up actually makes the result lower, since it means he has to overcome some gravitational attraction opposing his movement direction which is not the case for any horizontal movement on earth.

That he falls down once he gets close to earth is of course true, but given that gravitational acceleration from earth will during the whole distance be less then 9.8 m/s^2 that gives an error of at most 186.2 m/s, which given the total value of 20,233,684.21 m/s is negligible.

Question here: what's the timeframe when Boros kicked Saitama to the moon? cuz that appears to be faster than the time when Saitama jumps back to Earth

Though I don't find where that was already discussed.

It's no speed feat since it was the result of taking an attack.

I see, is strange sinse other character has certain speed from feats like this. Anyway, can that speed be used to find the AP/ST from those kind of strikes? I was thinking in find the Boros ST from that attack

Jumpopm.png

Probably since it did take longer than a second to get back to Earth, not to mention after boros kicked him, he had enough time to talk to himself and catch his breath before saitama came back.

@LTB Someone as fast as Boros should be able to talk to himself and recover stamina in an extremely short timeframe. I'm not sure if him doing that before Saitama got back would really effect much.

Well in the anime it portrays Boros talking for like 5 seconds but then again gokus fight was 5 minutes but i took like a hour

Talking is always accepted as a "free action" in fiction, since if it wasn't, for example, everyone in DBZ would be subsonic, which would make absolutely no sense.

IIRC, rubble was still falling when Saitama returned to Earth, so the current timeframe seems legitimate.

Oh I thought it was referring to Boros thinking in his head, not actually speaking. But then again what Azzy says about talking being a free action seems to make a lot of sense. Especially since a lot of characters would probably get their speeds downgraded horribly if we applied this to everyone.

Alright but what about the jump increase on the moon even Saitama says how much weaker was the moons gravity to the earths

I feel like this should only be considered flight speed because Saitama wasn't even sure if he would make it to the supermarket in time.

@Radical Saitama thought the sale was already over. He was just surprised that Genos told him there was still time left. Not that he didn't think he could travel to the store that fast, which even then Saitama's other feats and scaling would make that a contradiction on a similar level to him not being able to swat a mosquito.

From what we know Saitama doesn't have powers thath has nothing with the what a human can do on a smaller. Think of it like this, he doesn't have flight but he can far enough that it doesn't matter. It's like what can a human do or stand and multiply it with x which is how I see it.

Why not calculate the minimum energy it would take to produce such a large shockwave diameter and convert that into force and speed then factor in the distance from the Moon to the Earth for a low end feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back