• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crateris Aeson said:
So it's just this specific feat and the calculation of this.

Your problem is the energy obtained in the calculation of this specific feat and not the description of the powers of the series.
I wouldn't say that specific calculation - any calc that involves total atomic destruction when it isn't supported by evidence shouldn't be used.

But generally that's the idea, yes. I'm not rejecting what's specifically stated in the scans but how it's used to extrapolate feats in the series.

@SupremeGilgamesh

....you are really still not getting it?

Atomization does exist that is a fact it is stated over and over.

Atomization of the entirety of the crater is what is required for the calc to be correct.

And that the thing

Atomization exists

Atomization comes from Cosmo

Cosmo was used in that crater

Besides how do they want that in something that has NO MOTION and ONLY STATEMENTS we have to trust or bust it

I'm still rather enjoying the fact that the argument evolved into "We can't trust the author to draw accurate atomic vaporization, he doesn't know physics, but also we should trust the author to know what he's talking about when he implies total atomic vaporization and just ignore what he draws".

The doublethink required is immense. And still not a single person has even bothered to engage, with evidence, the issue of debris consistently existing as collateral to Saints' attacks. It's all superfluous rhetoric that tries to avoid having an evidenced point.

At this juncture, Kep's OP truly is just unassailable, or else somebody would have been able to disprove it by now instead of repeating the same tired talking points that miss the point.

SupremeGilgamesh said:
And that the thing
Atomization exists

Atomization comes from Cosmo

Cosmo was used in that crater

Besides how do they want that in something that has NO MOTION and ONLY STATEMENTS we have to trust or bust it
Then we can either calc what we see or disregard the calc altogether because if we cant trust the visuals then we cant trust the crater's size either.

And nothing you said goes against the point that the entire crater was not atomized.

Xulrev said:
I'm still rather enjoying the fact that the argument evolved into "We can't trust the author to draw accurate atomic vaporization, he doesn't know physics, but also we should trust the author to know what he's talking about when he implies total atomic vaporization and just ignore what he draws".
The doublethink required is immense. And still not a single person has even bothered to engage, with evidence, the issue of debris consistently existing as collateral to Saints' attacks. It's all superfluous rhetoric that tries to avoid having an evidenced point.

At this juncture, Kep's OP truly is just unassailable, or else somebody would have been able to disprove it by now instead of repeating the same tired talking points that miss the point.
Can...can you repeat the second paragraph in a slower and detailed talk

SupremeGilgamesh said:
I actually don't know if this is sarcasm, but sure!

Nobody can disprove the OP of the thread and give scans to explain away the fact that the attack, and others like it, have debris occur as a side-effect of their happening. Attack happens ---> there's debris left over. This leaves us to infer that complete atomic vaporization is not happening within the full range of the attack, and that the actual potency/range of their atomization is extremely limited

Xulrev said:
SupremeGilgamesh said:
I actually don't know if this is sarcasm, but sure!
Nobody can disprove the OP of the thread and give scans to explain away the fact that the attack, and others like it, have debris occur as a side-effect of their happening. Attack happens ---> there's debris left over. This leaves us to infer that complete atomic vaporization is not happening within the full range of the attack, and that the actual potency/range of their atomization is extremely limited
....Can the OP give the scans of the size of debris

@Supreme

I mean no disrespect here, but please fully read what the thread is talking about and what it details and the scans it's provided, you seem extremely confused on the meaning of the thread

We are detailing that this calc, this calc specifically, wasn't fully atomized because we see debris along with a ton of other signs that show it wasn't atomization for this specific feat

That's literally it, we aren't disproving atomization in SS because we know it exists.

There is a smaller crater inside the crater which seemed to have been completely atomized. Why not calc the atomization of that part and like add or something with pulverization of the larger crater?

That's impossible. You can't take the lazy way out when trying to analyze the arguments of a thread and what it details on both sides.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What's happening here is that we have a wide range of people who are not fans of Saint Seiya suddenly taking interest in the verse and supporting a downgrade based entirely on visuals.
I know this is not what you meant to say, but this sounds like you're implying only fans of a series can comment on a revision thread. That mentality has led to quite a few series being misrepresented, getting far higher/lower than they deserve.

The real cal howard said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
What's happening here is that we have a wide range of people who are not fans of Saint Seiya suddenly taking interest in the verse and supporting a downgrade based entirely on visuals.
I know this is not what you meant to say, but this sounds like you're implying only fans of a series can comment on a revision thread. That mentality has led to quite a few series being misrepresented, getting far higher/lower than they deserve.

Hoping that the other franchises will also have the same treatment.

Out of curiosity to how many "manga" has atomic destruction been questioned for the presence of "debris" before Saint Seiya?

Leonida85 said:

Out of curiosity to how many "manga" has atomic destruction been questioned for the presence of "debris" before Saint Seiya?
Literally every verse already goes through this.

Rocker1189 said:
Leonida85 said:

Literally every verse already goes through this.

This comforts me, and this being the situation, as the Romans said: Nulla Questio

Let me explain

Marin is teaching Seiya how to use the Cosmos so she doens't need to atomize the whole thing

The debris we see are the result of Seiya unmastered Cosmos atomizing,let's say,15% of the rock compared to the rest

The crater we see is Seiya still unmastered but now learned use of Cosmos If we saw a Mastered Cosmo user fight a normal being or thing,they would be disintegrated

Isn't that right Matt?

After reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion we are seriously splitting hairs on a massive tangent.

I technically agree with Kep with his 8-B/8-A assumption but can I just go out on a limb and say Cosmo is being massively scruntized.

Cosmo literally has references of atomic assembly and destruction as it is a CRUCIAL aspect to its power system. So yeah, Matt is also correct. I think,

Idk I stopped reading after like, 50 chapters.

Tbh, Saint Seiya is one of THOSE power systems that seem soft and just random. But I cant deny that at least the core reasoning is most correct for this verse. Its core tenant is matter, I can make a case for it being atomic annihilation.

Obviously science blah blah blah but its a creative medium. Yeah, Matt is correct in pretty much contexts if we ran a test on Saint Seiya and we were being quized on Cosmo,

Actually, I think Kep is being generous since he hasnt dropped a tier in the OP, but I could have sworn there was a dark time in the wiki when Ch 1 SS was 8-C. But 8-A is...fine?

I still am neutral. I think if I had to pick, Id rather take Kep /Dargoo's side but that is more so like, I cant disagree with how science and math works lol.

Screenshot 2020-01-19-20-28-00~01
Since Kurumada has recognized both Omega and Saintia Sho, you should also recognize Sho and Omega Feats, especially when Koga atomizes several meters of earth in the first episode

> Is this good enough for atomization ?

In of itself, no.

Although we prioritize manga scans over anime scans in either case.

Even if there is a downgrade, 8-C / 8-A for Bronze Saints still feels too low. Since there's a statement in the novels that no man-made weapon can compare to the power of a Saint.

Also, in the anime version of the Black Saints' arc (Which is canon for Omega since that's basically Saint Seya GT), the fight between Shiryu and Black Dragon causes volcanic eruptions to occur.

@Matt

There was a feat I remember long ago, that someone who was deemed unworthy of being a saint caused a hole through the earth

Schnee One said:
@Matt
There was a feat I remember long ago, that someone who was deemed unworthy of being a saint caused a hole through the earth
That feat is a bit out of context.

That guy was deemed unworthy of being a Saint because he lacked the morals and strength of character necessary to be a Saint of Athena and cared for nothing but senseless destruction and his own selfish growth of power (Lol, say that to Deathmask).

He planned to get revenge on the Sanctuary by doing serious damage to the Earth. To do that he hijacked a Nuclear Power Plant and planned to use his Cosmos to supercharge the plant, making it go haywire and causing a massive explosion that would blow a hole through the United States that would break through the other side of the planet on China.

It's indeed a ridiculously impressive feat... But it shouldn't scale to any Bronze Saint or Silver Saint (Save the absolute strongest silvers arguably) due to the simple fact that the Sanctuary sent a Gold Saint to stop him. By contrast, in the original series the Sanctuary didn't bother to send a Gold Saint against the Main Bronzes until they had defeated 10 Silver Saints already.

So them sending a Gold Saint against this guy shows that they did see him as a threat. Even if said Gold Saint was the then unexperienced Leo Aiolia who still effortlessly curbstomped him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Even if there is a downgrade, 8-C / 8-A for Bronze Saints still feels too low. Since there's a statement in the novels that no man-made weapon can compare to the power of a Saint.

Also, in the anime version of the Black Saints' arc (Which is canon for Omega since that's basically Saint Seya GT), the fight between Shiryu and Black Dragon causes volcanic eruptions to occur.

I do agree with this

Matthew Schroeder said:
We'd of course need a large amount of context regarding that statement considering how broad and vague it is. Depending on the speaker, when this was said, and the exact wording, it might not mean anything, or it might be rather impressive.

Regardless though. A singular, vague statement does not make a consistent tier. Supporting, objective feats would be paramount, otherwise it's an inconsistency or an outlier.

As such, providing the statement in both the original language and translated language, and the source novel, would be needed to draw any meaningful conclusions.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Again I need a lot more context here. Their fight causing a volcanic eruption doesn't, in of itself, have timeframe considered, doesn't have the fact that the volcano may have been already active or semi-active, et cetera, which would drastically change how we'd rate the feat.

Just noticed something. If the non-Saint who was considered enough of a threat for a Gold Saint to be dispatched to deal with him needed to channel his cosmos through a normal Nuke to supercharge it into a weapon capable of causing that much damage, that goes against the "stronger than any man-made weapon" claim for normal Bronze Saints.

Matthew Schroeder said:
IBy contrast, in the original series the Sanctuary didn't bother to send a Gold Saint against the Main Bronzes until they had defeated 10 Silver Saints already.
Well, Shaka was sent by the Sanctuary to kill Jango and the Black Saints, but this does not indicate that they are a great threat or stronger that the Silver and Bronze Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back