• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
1. Those are not Bronze Saint level Saints, though.
2. Even assuming it's the case for every saint, it clearly didn't happen with the Chapter 1 crater.
That is the basic nature of the cosmos and the classical destruction of all users of the cosmos. A Silver like Mayura disintegrates a meteorite with a casual attack.

Seiya in chapter 1 uses cosmos for that blow.

He could have used anything, it still wouldn't mean he fully annihilated that crater, especially not with the millions of debris pieces that were ejected.

If they wanted to convey complete annihilation, it would have been just as easy not to draw debris and simply show something like the crater being dug in without any debris.

The same volume shows Marin demonstrating the ability to a child Seiya by picking up a rock and shattering it, with, once again, tons of debris flying everywhere. Far from complete annihilation.

The visuals of the scene clearly disagree with the idea they annihilated anything.

So...let me get this straight

You are saying that because few debris(not even the size of a rock but basically little rocks one uses to bounce water or even dust itself)flew off the area which could result of of atomization not consuming everything but consuming a sizable chunk of it,Bronze saints don't have atomization,is that what i'm am hearing?

Matthew Schroeder said:
They clearly annihilate atoms seeing as that's what the explanation is giving. You're just hung up on visuals while ignoring the lore.
There is nothing in the lore, not a shred of evidence that suggests Seiya can fully annihilate stuff at this point in the series, and none of the early statements imply full annihilation, either. We've always held prioritized the visuals portrayed as the primary method of calculating a feat. This shouldn't be any different.

SupremeGilgamesh said:

You are saying that because few debris(not even the size of a rock but basically little rocks one uses to bounce water or even dust itself)
LiuEsdf

Never claimed they lacked atomic abilities, fourth or so time now.

You literally did a post above. "Not an ounce of evidence that he can do it at this point", when the entire basis of Saints' training is learning to destroy and control atoms.

Kepekley23 said:
SupremeGilgamesh said:

You are saying that because few debris(not even the size of a rock but basically little rocks one uses to bounce water or even dust itself)
LiuEsdf

Never claimed they lacked atomic abilities, fourth or so time now.
(sigh)

These people...have the ability..to mess...with atoms

You said they can't atomize...and yet you say they can?

(long sigh)

Why?

Matthew Schroeder said:
You literally did a post above. "Not an ounce of evidence that he can do it at this point", when the entire basis of Saints' training is learning to destroy and control atoms.
The same training scene shows that they do not atomically annihilate stuffat all. They can destroy atoms to some limited extent, yes, but they literally never annihilate anything. To say they do is to ignore the clear cut visuals on both instances.

Kepekley23 said:
The same training scene shows that they do not atomically annihilate stuffat all.
Again you claim they can't destroy atoms. But I guess you'll respond to this with "Never claimed they can't atomize. Fifth time now."

It clearly does not showcase complete atomization either. In fact, if you actually read the chapter, it is clear that they simply target the atomic structure in such a way as to weaken it, causing it to shatter.

Yet another instance; Marin punches a rock and it shatters into hundreds of pieces, and then we see the focused destruction it generates, with Marin even reinforcing that Seiya should break a rock exactly that way; which he does.

It is blatant that there is no complete annihilation going on, just some sort of hax that targets a fraction of the atoms.

Again you claim they can't destroy atoms. But I guess you'll respond to this with "Never claimed they can't atomize. Fifth time now."

If you actually bothered to pay attention to what he said before coming in with these "GOTCHA!!"s, he is saying that they can't annihilate on the atomic level. Ie they don't fully subatomize shit. And they undeniably don't.

They do sub-atomic / annihilate atoms. All you're doing is showing a terrific level of ignorance over the verse's mechanics and power system.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
It clearly does not showcase complete atomization either. In fact, if you actually read the chapter, it is clear that they simply target the atomic structure in such a way as to weaken it, causing it to shatter.
Yet another instance; Marin punches a rock and it shatters into hundreds of pieces, and then we see the focused destruction it generates, with Marin even reinforcing that Seiya should break a rock exactly that way; which he does.

It is blatant that there is no complete annihilation going on, just some sort of hax that targets a fraction of the atoms.
(sighs)

I didn't wanted to do this but...

You leave me no choice

Matthew,i need every collection of sayings of atomization in Saint Seiya

Pegasus Kouga was able to do this https://i.imgur.com/6rRO5qO.png

Lionet Soma did this https://i.imgur.com/72cxH0R.png [This was also a special feat because that Ice Ridge or whatever its called was specail ice]

Ruhyo did this https://i.imgur.com/P7uUXUA.png https://i.imgur.com/oUsQuON.png And that stone tower was slighly weaker than the durability of a bronze cloth

In Saint Seiya Omega, the whole plot point and main theme was for the New Generation to be over 9999x Stronger than the previous generation of saints. SSO also takes place 10 years later

Theres also these statements https://i.imgur.com/P17IwOM.png [http:// https://i.imgur.com/fCvb7uU.png https://i.imgur.com/fCvb7uU.png] https://i.imgur.com/gpY533O.png https://i.imgur.com/u7gm9Wt.png

Not for sure if those last ones help, but they reitierate "Atomic desturction"

This is my collection of atomization.... https://imgur.com/a/lhZX4cU

As Kep already scientifically demonstrated in this thread, even assuming they target some specific amount of atoms, they do not subatomatically destroy every atom of the thing they punch.

Visuals > all.

The last one is good, but it's also stated in the manga. All of the Heating and Freezing Attacks in Saint Seiya aren't actually blasting the enemies with fire or ice or chill winds or whatever, those are merely the visual manifestation of their Cosmos. What they're actually doing is manipulating the atoms to accelerate and / or slow their movement.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
As Kep already scientifically demonstrated in this thread, even assuming they target some specific amount of atoms, they do not subatomatically destroy every atom of the thing they punch.

Guys I think you are misinterpreting Kep here, he knows they have atomization attacks and acknowledges that, his main issue is that the attacks calced did not comepletely atomize the crater (visually that is).

I think its better described as an issue with Range. The Atomization is an area only the size of their fist. Where ever their intended attack lands. The outward force produced from the impact point of the attack may not be atomization though. unless you want everyone to get "Aura" (Will atomize anything caught in their aura)

it's literally in the OP the calc doesn't display atomic destruvction visually. He wishes to lower the calc to pulverization because that's the level of destruction displayed.

• Early Saints are capable of affecting and destroying atoms in some way; however, they don't come even close to complete annihilation in any of the early instances
  • Even assuming they fully atomize; that is, separate the particles; the craters they create, which they don't, the result of either of their craters barely breaks into the City Block range
  • Complete subatomic annihilation is the only thing that makes these feats Tier 6, and none of that happens in any instance they destroy things

But the attack atomizes almost the entire area of impact, because only a few rock fragments remained. And as it was explained their attacks destroy at the subatomic level, because they even destroy the nucleus of the atom.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
it's literally in the OP the calc doesn't display atomic destruvction visually. He wishes to lower the calc to pulverization because that's the level of destruction displayed.
Even though it's said the energy he used to do the feat atomizes something when used?

> But the attack atomizes almost the entire area of impact, because only a few rock fragments remained.

As you can see from the panel on the right, the debris created from the crater is simply flying upwards and out of the reader's view, and the fragments that we do see flying up are not small by any means.

> And as it was explained their attacks destroy at the subatomic level, because they even destroy the nucleus of the atom.

Once again, this does not matter. Being capable of destroying at the subatomic level does not mean you can completely destroy an object on such a level. Just so you know, subatomically annihilating one particle releases 500 times less energy than a mosquito does by bumping into a human.

Leonida85 said:
If the saints want to destroy all the opponent's atoms they can do it without problems as shown by Saga, at the end of the Sanctuary, against Ikki or Kanon against the specter Balron in Hades arc.
This seems more like a pathetic attempt to downgrade Saint Seiya than anything else.

108~2
109~2
110~01

As I said before, saints can destroy all of their opponent's atoms if they want, with no effort.

Just a question for curiosity:

isn't it that at the next revision thread you also remove the reactive evolution?

Kepekley23 said:
As you can see from the panel on the right, the debris created from the crater is simply flying upwards and out of the reader's view, and the fragments that we do see flying up are not small by any means.

Once again, this does not matter. Being capable of destroying at the subatomic level does not mean you can completely destroy an object on such a level. Just so you know, subatomically annihilating one particle releases 500 times less energy than a mosquito bumping into you.
The fragments are around the impact area and are small.

But he destroys almost the entire area of impact at the subatomic level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back