• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Chronos is obviously an hourglass, bro
Rip Chronos

Ulf5DZ.gif

TLC is by far the best saint seiya manga. way ahead of its time. would much rather have that than Kurumada's "interpretation" of the 18th century holy war in ND with an 18th century Seiya ripoff.

i literally use TLC panels and illustrations as my wallpapers, they're THAT good

So I just read the last chapter of Fuma No Kojiro and I really don't understand how people can say Kurumada's cosmic statements are all hyperbolic when wt the end of that manga the whole universe just dies
Dm me on discord where you read it at at? I haven't found thar many chapters

Ok small correction, it wasn't the last chapter and the universe didn't exactly end, it was a vision of sorts. However, it's clearly connected to the swords given that they are said to have infinite power and grant infinite power to their wielder. This among other things that are pretty in line with stuff from Saint Seiya

Basically, to give a more indepth explanation
Kojiro, the MC, is fighting the main villain, the Chaos Emperor, on the moon. When he defeats him, Kojiro goes on to destroy the 10 holy swords to put a stop to the cyclical holy sword wars that have been going on for 4000 years. When he does, the universe just sort of ends, with Kojiro stating that everything, including the universe itself, are fading away to nothingness. Then Buddha shows up, thanks him for his service, and he is then sent back home. I'm not sure how to interpret that, maybe it gets explained later on, I don't know.
That being said, the sheer fact that any of this happens should tell people that Kurumada doesn't really do hyperbole when it comes to cosmic power, especially when it comes to gods and divine artifacts

Basically, to give a more indepth explanation
Kojiro, the MC, is fighting the main villain, the Chaos Emperor, on the moon. When he defeats him, Kojiro goes on to destroy the 10 holy swords to put a stop to the cyclical holy sword wars that have been going on for 4000 years. When he does, the universe just sort of ends, with Kojiro stating that everything, including the universe itself, are fading away to nothingness. Then Buddha shows up, thanks him for his service, and he is then sent back home. I'm not sure how to interpret that, maybe it gets explained later on, I don't know.
That being said, the sheer fact that any of this happens should tell people that Kurumada doesn't really do hyperbole when it comes to cosmic power, especially when it comes to gods and divine artifacts

Yeah that whole sequence pretty much. Kojiro beats the Chaos Emperor, he gets Thanos snapped out of existence, Kojiro then nukes the remaining Holy Swords, and then the universe itself gets Thanos snapped... sort of, maybe. Everything is seemingly fine the next chapter? I'm not sure what exactly happened.
In any case i think it's pretty clear Kurumada means what he says. The gods in Kurumanga are repeatedly stated to be eternal and infinite or some variation of that, plus the chapter also goes into detail talking about Samsara and a fate and stuff that's actually much more blatant in Episode G, but you can actually see the same idea here

Question will Shaka and Shijima get infinite Stamina or will it be conditional?
Pretty sure by versus thread standards they might as well have infinite, though technically they don't. Just their stamina is huge.

Like most versus rules go for 7 days at most but when a Gold Saint fights someone of equal power they can last a thousand days

Well I recall they're clash specified they were locked in a literal eternal struggle when they clashed using Ungyō and Agyō
Was that with the clash or the Tembu horin vs tebu horin? You know what's odd, TH being > Unagyo/Agyo by statements alone. TH is considered the Ultimate technique of all Virgo Saints.

Was that with the clash or the Tembu horin vs tebu horin? You know what's odd, TH being > Unagyo/Agyo by statements alone. TH is considered the Ultimate technique of all Virgo Saints.
No It was Unagyo/Aygo and it's bluntly stated as a eternal battle, which is why I was wondering if it was conditional stamina or not

Yeah that's funny TH > Unagyo/Agyo

Back