• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

90% written by him? is that true? if so then yeah it would undoubtedly be canon but is there like some source for that? OG authors making active suggestions and doing art isnt really unheard of but the former statement changes everything if true

The sources is the totality of context on the current blog. Some changes are needed though but nothing that will impact that part of it.

eh, they all seemed like separate points to me so thats how i chose to respond

I should work in that then. Maybe all one paragraph?

but isnt that bad though? because Kurumada is gonna do a heaven arc for sure and i'm like 90% sure that depiction of Zeus is gonna contradict GA like how the last ND chapters did
Depends on how the story pans out + the Zeus we saw was just hin possessing a body. That was it.

tbh you could say that for a lot of franchises but canonicity is the kind of thing thats really dependent on the authors at the end of the day (except for Pokemon)
There is plenty of verses that get special camoncity treatment lol

Anime vs manga vs light novel vs web Novel. The eastern media is littered with it

tbh you could say that for a lot of franchises but canonicity is the kind of thing thats really dependent on the authors at the end of the day (except for Pokemon)
Proving Classic is canon to everything is easier than proving the opposite, unless you think canon is a transitive property.

Proving Classic is canon to everything is easier than proving the opposite, unless you think canon is a transitive property.
oh yeah that's a given. idk who would the classic wouldn't be canon to others works. i'm more so talking about the opposite, as you mentioned

The sources is the totality of context on the current blog. Some changes are needed though but nothing that will impact that part of it.
i did read it yeah but it still kinda felt like the "why" component was missing. i dont know if others will get the same impression as i did because my perception of canon might be warped but idk
I should work in that then. Maybe all one paragraph?
well more like the fact that those points almost seemed disconnected from each other and from the actual conclusion. i don't mind the current format and it probably makes responding easier if anything
Depends on how the story pans out + the Zeus we saw was just hin possessing a body. That was it.
i guess that's true but still it really feels like we're setting ourselves up to shoot ourselves in the foot with this, cuz from what i understand ND chap 116 kinda hinted to me that Kuru doesnt really give much of a crap about being consistent with the "successor spinoffs"
There is plenty of verses that get special camoncity treatment lol

Anime vs manga vs light novel vs web Novel. The eastern media is littered with it
tbh I'd argue the western comics are worse in that case. there's a reason why you have the stereotype of a comic book debater winning a debate instantly the moment they pull a panel out of some obscure 1960s comic, which was only printed 40 times in total, where the character they're arguing for is a multiversal God or something.

that said, even japanese media that follow this, Tensura comes to mind, make it rather clear that those 4 continuations are separate for the most part, which is why they're indexed separately. for example Classroom of the Elite anime, manga and LN are all QUITE different from each other, and are indexed separately here.

Back