• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Do you think there will be a continuation of Saint Seiya canon? I don't see a future Zeus Saga, i think it can be continued through a spin-off (as is happening in the Poseidon manga)

Do you think there will be a continuation of Saint Seiya canon? I don't see a future Zeus Saga, i think it can be continued through a spin-off (as is happening in the Poseidon manga)
There definitely will be. Supposedly an announcement will be coming 2 actually. I think one will be an ND anime, and Zeus was teased.

Technically also it's all canon except toei anime. I think you mean "main/primary universe" that might be a good way to phrase it.

Also, Kurumada isn't one for sad endings like this. It's not an ending he does or likes

Didn't know if you guys knew this, but originally RoP (the poseidon manga) was originally concepted to be a Multiversal War between 2 sanctuaries with Seika (Seiyas sister) being an Evil Pegasus Saint

But when submitted ro Kurumada for approval. He scrapped the whole thing due to being to similar to GA and rewrote RoP for them, and told them to do that instead (what we currently get now)

Last edited:
Didn't know if you guys knew this, but originally RoP (the poseidon manga) was originally concepted to be a Multiversal War between 2 sanctuaries with Seika (Seiyas sister) being an Evil Pegasus Saint

But when submitted ro Kurumada for approval. He scrapped the whole thing due to being to similar to GA and rewrote RoP for them, and told them to do that instead (what we currently get now)
Is that the reason why Time Odyssey was made?

TO's premise is weird. really gives a weird meaning to Ikki stealing the gold cloth and everything. his body would've helped Hades win the holy war even though he's not the purest?? also wasn't it only Hades who can choose his body?? how did Pandora get to do it??

Is that the reason why Time Odyssey was made?
That was just Akita shoten being greedy

Jerome and his friend just came at the right time. They then asked to present the idea to Akita they then deferred it too Kurumada who requested to always validate every chapter before release

TO's premise is weird. really gives a weird meaning to Ikki stealing the gold cloth and everything. his body would've helped Hades win the holy war even though he's not the purest?? also wasn't it only Hades who can choose his body?? how did Pandora get to do it??
TOs main character is Chronos. The first chapter With ikki was just set things up

Allow me to elucidate.
1. Ikkis body just can.

2. Pandora just can.

Weirdly enough, GR and ND gave us immeasurable speed travel speed and reactions at the very least/minimum despite how bad ND was.

What Immeasurable speed feat does ND have? (Is it from the 13th Gold)?
Alscipeius was quiet literally watching Athena in the middle of her time travel. In the middle of the movement during the process of moving from present to past. Also saw her pettetioning chronos

Artemis was watching everything happen too

Also Artermis did state her and Apollo do watch the movement of time

In TO chronos stated he can watch the whole time stream. That makes sense though for obvious reasons.

Chronos should kinda be immeasurable anyway at least unless there's some reason why he wouldn't qualify. he IS the time stream

Chronos should kinda be immeasurable anyway at least unless there's some reason why he wouldn't qualify. he IS the time stream
TO does make it obvious that he should be the abstract concept of Time itself. Actually time in Saint seiya us really weird and funny lol

Edit

Also being time itself isn't automatically immeasurable speed

Regardless of canon though even if they are split

Tier 1 saint seiya is real

G is just waiting on who scales too it, and why

Classic has it because of ND + canon spin offs

LC has it possibly to the absolute highest extent possible

I don't see anyway to deny it. In the past you might have been able too, but now with all the changes in the tiering system and with additions like hypertime

And with the new canonical spun offs sone if which are canon to the primary universe

It's just about phrasing it in a way people can understand

Regardless of canon though even if they are split

Tier 1 saint seiya is real

G is just waiting on who scales too it, and why

Classic has it because of ND + canon spin offs

LC has it possibly to the absolute highest extent possible

I don't see anyway to deny it. In the past you might have been able too, but now with all the changes in the tiering system and with additions like hypertime

And with the new canonical spun offs sone if which are canon to the primary universe

It's just about phrasing it in a way people can understand
wait so how does GA still work after Seiya has woken up in the last ND chapters? isnt that pretty contradictory? i havent read GA so idk much but i dont mind spoilers

wait so how does GA still work after Seiya has woken up in the last ND chapters? isnt that pretty contradictory? i havent read GA so idk much but i dont mind spoilers
It does NOT make it non canon just make no longer connected to the main/primary universe.

Edited made a mistake

Last edited:
But G by itself does have Tier 1 stuff. The issue it has though is no one scales too it and the statements you could extrapolate a scaling from have are open ended ajd can be interpreted into singular or plural

isnt that the same as non-canon cuz we have other canon "spin-offs" that are connected to the main universe?
No, the difference is Kurumada is more than 50% involved. He's at least 80% involved in the story.

Every manga is canon and has Kurumada more than 80% involved.

But only a few are directly connected into the same universe as the classic

not even the gods scale?
As it currently stands. There is no solid way to scale them to the whole cosmology which is tier 1 with just G alone. There is hypothetical though, but G appears to be retconning stuff left and right

Back