• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint celestine vs Kharne the betrayer

This fight happened in the novel 'Shroud of Night'. It was presented as a one sided massacre where Kharn walks up, smashes her sword out of her hands, rips her wings out of her back and then decapitates her. I don't think she ever so much as got a hit in. Of course Celestine revives so she'll just get back up eventually but that can take a great deal of time and she won't necessarily appear in the same place (being directed to wherever the Emperor needs her to be), so technically I think after killing her once Kharn would win by BFR since she would just leave.

This fight happened in the novel 'Shroud of Night'. It was presented as a one sided massacre where Kharn walks up, smashes her sword out of her hands, rips her wings out of her back and then decapitates her. I don't think she ever so much as got a hit in. Of course Celestine revives so she'll just get back up eventually but that can take a great deal of time and she won't necessarily appear in the same place (being directed to wherever the Emperor needs her to be), so technically I think after killing her once Kharn would win by BFR since she would just leave.
That seems like PIS though. She has similar speed and ap to him. So the writer was just gassing up kharne.

That seems like PIS though. She has similar speed and ap to him. So the writer was just gassing up kharne.
It's interesting. Kharn was treated as more akin to a force of nature in the novel than individual combatant. Once the Alpha legion operatives learned he was there they immediately swapped to 'well guess its time to go'. I don't believe however that this is unwarranted as we know Kharn can body things like Greater Daemons and Daemon Princes.

Now when it comes to in-verse scaling things get a it weird. As a measuring stick both Kharn and Celestine have fought Abaddon. This is on both their profiles and used as justification for their AP. Kharn was only able to inflict minor wounds whereas Celestine ran him through with her blade, therefore Celestine is better right? Not quite since since the fight in Gathering Storm has a lot of asterisks attached to it. Namely that both Celestine and Abaddon were depowered. Here's the baffling thing with both of them depowered that means the fight was between an astartes with 10000 years combat experience and a somewhat frail lady. The novel makes specific mention of how lopsided this is and yet still she somehow manages to seriously wound him. I've heard others describe this as possibly the worst PIS in 40K as prior to this Celestine had absolutely no business tangling with someone like Abaddon yet here we are.

If we ignore the whole depower debacle and just focus and just focus on how the two of them did against a regular Abaddon we can get a less confusing picture of the pecking order. Prior to the debuff Celestine wasn't able to do much of anything to Abaddon whilst Kharn was at least able to wound him so there's that.

Regarding stats he should have a significant edge in combat experience (He's been fighting non-stop since the Horus Heresy and Celestine must be at least post Age of Apostacy being a Sister and all). Gorechild is arguably the superior weapon, being able to truly stop Daemons by mailing their souls directly to Khorne (this may even circumvent her revival and genuinely kill her but that's unclear). His durability also scales over his AP so she would have to get in close and stay there for a long while to do the necessary damage with her blade, every second of which she increases the chances of mica dragon teeth mangling her. I honestly don't see how she could win this.

It's interesting. Kharn was treated as more akin to a force of nature in the novel than individual combatant. Once the Alpha legion operatives learned he was there they immediately swapped to 'well guess its time to go'. I don't believe however that this is unwarranted as we know Kharn can body things like Greater Daemons and Daemon Princes.

Now when it comes to in-verse scaling things get a it weird. As a measuring stick both Kharn and Celestine have fought Abaddon. This is on both their profiles and used as justification for their AP. Kharn was only able to inflict minor wounds whereas Celestine ran him through with her blade, therefore Celestine is better right? Not quite since since the fight in Gathering Storm has a lot of asterisks attached to it. Namely that both Celestine and Abaddon were depowered. Here's the baffling thing with both of them depowered that means the fight was between an astartes with 10000 years combat experience and a somewhat frail lady. The novel makes specific mention of how lopsided this is and yet still she somehow manages to seriously wound him. I've heard others describe this as possibly the worst PIS in 40K as prior to this Celestine had absolutely no business tangling with someone like Abaddon yet here we are.

If we ignore the whole depower debacle and just focus and just focus on how the two of them did against a regular Abaddon we can get a less confusing picture of the pecking order. Prior to the debuff Celestine wasn't able to do much of anything to Abaddon whilst Kharn was at least able to wound him so there's that.

Regarding stats he should have a significant edge in combat experience (He's been fighting non-stop since the Horus Heresy and Celestine must be at least post Age of Apostacy being a Sister and all). Gorechild is arguably the superior weapon, being able to truly stop Daemons by mailing their souls directly to Khorne (this may even circumvent her revival and genuinely kill her but that's unclear). His durability also scales over his AP so she would have to get in close and stay there for a long while to do the necessary damage with her blade, every second of which she increases the chances of mica dragon teeth mangling her. I honestly don't see how she could win this.
I was thinking she could just spam light beams at him from afar. The way you beat a khorne berserker is to not get in close.
As for the scaling I mean both of them wash greater daemons with ease.
The fight will kinda come down too if kharne can get close to her even with her flying around spamming light. If he does get close to melle it would be very bad even with her healing. He's one of the best close quarters non primarch combatants.

I guess it really comes down to if you think her holy based attacks would be effective on him? She has better ranged moves. Is he immune to them though because they should be considered warp energy? If you put a controller in her and made her fight optimally you would make saint celestine just fly around dodging his gunfire. And only go in when he's open. But he could sorta track angron in combat.

Kharne and saint celestine can bfr each other btw. She could take his soul out. But he can also send people to khorne with his sword. I'm not seeing resistance to soul Manipulation on his profile. But again you may be able to consider that negged by khorne blessing. I guess kharne does win unless saint celestine can overcome the blessing of khorne which honestly the narrative should be the emp just amps her above that.
How is this blessing not considered outside help 😅

Also idk if sending her to his God would even work. She is a living saint and I guess the Big e would just slap khorne if he tried lol

Vs Battle wiki currently scales Khârn's durability to the Gigafoe range due to surviving a Primarch beatdown. You can question the validity of this but that's the currently reality. This means her ranged attacks would be functionally insignificant. Khârn also not being a Daemon proper despite putting most to shame means any anti-daemon stuff also falls flat. In that sense he actually has the advantage with ranged options since her durability is so much lower than his. I mean seriously being the lower order of 40K 4B means she's in the Kilofoe range whilst Khârn's laughing up in Gigafoe. Remember 1000 Kilofoe=1 Megafoe and 1000 Megafoe= 1 Gigafoe. At 3.5 Gigafoe durability Khârn is literally 35000 times more durable. Yes Celestine's High 1-B helper may edge out Khârns High 1-B helper but not by much so Khorne would take even more sting out of it. Add all that to his Daemonic Power Armor and you realise that a 'keep away and range him out strategy' ends with her being slowly arcane plasma pistoled to death.

Regarding the resurrecting we know Khârn has been brought back on at least two occasions so neither can truly kill the other in a traditional sense but neither of their resurrections are combat applicable (as in they're brought back at a different place and time) so whoever kills the other first is going to win via BFR.

Honestly the only reason I don't think this is a stomp is due to Ardent blade's melee being a power weapon and therefore has durability negation actually giving her an option to harm Khârn. Unfortunately, this entails entering melee range with Khârn who then comprehensively out skills.

I neglected to state my official vote so here it is.

Khârn for pretty much all reasons.

Man. If only this fight took place in canon with vs wiki stats. You only would get a stomp with the world eater wank from games workshop

Celestine can't hax Kharn and he one-shots her with a good hit from Gorechild.

This wouldn't be such an issue if Kharn didn't have Gigafoe level durability.

Back