• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Meliodas sets out to get revenge for his best buddy Ban. The fight takes place in Camelot.

Saber:

Meliodas: 1

Fate Saber in her 7-B version and Sealed Meliodas with a weapon. Saber can't retreat into Avalon. Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Meliodas 7-B as well. Anyway, Meliodas via regenartion, since I don't really see anything else for ethier on of them.

Yeah,but then bunch of consideration have to be made, example when does she get Excalibur you think everyone know? Or when someone wrote Zoro "fishman arc" I wonder how many people know about his precognition during that arc. Anyway... Can someone vote now since me and burning are not able to stop with derailing with the same argument on two threads. -_-

Wait what do you mean by "Sealed"? Is he incapable of using Full counter? Because if he can then its pretty much a win if he can make Saber use it on him.

He has always been able to use Full Counter. Sealed just means most of his power was sealed. Besides, Saber can't use Excaliblast here so there's nothing to counter.

Hmm, in a swordfight its a pretty much equal for both of them but if you let Melodias also fight unarmed then its more than enough to solidify a win for him. Saber's best bet is the use of Invisible Air which can give Saber the range advantage compared to Melodias for as long as Melodias hasn't gotten the gist of the length, but that's a very small moment for her to use the element of surprise of the ambiguity of her sword's length...

I'm just gonna focus with fighting prowess and battle-smarts between the two and all-in-all its a sure win from Melodias' side. Reasons being in how the two have very different ideas on how to approach a fight, with Saber being too honorable for her own good which Melodias can easily exploit. There's also the added fact of him having immense strength for use in unarmed combat, which can be pretty useful if he wishes to mix-up his advances against Saber who only fights with her sword.

@Burning

Getting Invisible Air reflected at her won't be too troublesome due to her own Magic Resistance, as it is a spell Merlin taught to her to conceal Excalibur.

Ultimately, I don't feel that Meliodas has enough advantages in a Speed Equalized fight to overtake Saber, who edges him out with the passive regen from Avalon matching his own and her Instinct skill letting her read his attacks more effectively than he can.

I think Hellblaze nullifies Regenerationn, as Ban had to heal normally as far as I remember and he still has the scar from the wound.

Her master should be Shirou.

Well I remembered that the Stamina of a Servant is relative to their Master's Mana, which would make Shirou the worst pick having too little for her to even heal much less turn invisible as stated by Saber herself.

So, her stamina is most definitely around a day's worth at best, which would cut her chances in beating Melodias the longer the fight lasts. If it were Rin/Kiritsugu then that would be a much closer match. That or specify which point of Shirou it is in which route.

I also want to add that Melodias isn't well specified. Is he serious? Can he utilize his treasure? We only get Sealed Melodias which isn't really saying much on his actual capabilities for this fight and I'm really confused which Tier I should use for Melodias because I am new here and I have trouble understanding the multiple Tiers a character has.

Good to know, and wth that I want to also add that a reason with Melodias winning because of Saber's code of honor, which limits a fair number of advantageous moves due to them not being honorable. In-character, Melodias will show a much more hands on approach to this fight, and if he can keep his aggression in their fight then he's got more than enough to beat Saber.

@Lux capcitator

You seem to be heavily underestimating Saber.

Hellblaze is still magic and it's only a few thousand years old at best. Therefore it would be nullified in the same vein that Medea's spells from the Age of Gods did.

Furthermore, Saber has a code of honor, but she's far from foolish and will strategize against him. She lured Berserker to a graveyard so that the gravestones would slow him down as she ducked and weaved, Excaliblasted Gilgamesh when he was about to kill Shirou (thus sneak attacking him), and cut down Lancelot despite the anguish it caused her as he ran out of mana. Her chivalry only comes into play when she's facing another one as honorable as herself like Assassin or Fate/Zero's Lancer. Meliodas is far from knightly in his personality, and Saber's chivalry won't come into play.

She has all the tools she needs to cut Meliodas down.

I feel Melodias would do better if Excaliblasts weren't restricted, thanks to Full Counter...

Also, Medea is just a powerful sorcerer. Melodias was the head of the 10 Commandments (I really want it to be revealed that Mel has a commandment, that would be awesome), a group of demons who battled against the Goddess clan (who are all really powerful magic users). Who's to say his hellfire wouldn't be able to do some damage and slow down her regen, or even overwhelm her resistances?

Plus, there is Revenge Counter. Contrary to popular belief this doesn't require him to 'reduce his durability' as I've seen said on other threads and forums, it just requires him to tank the attacks. Which he is definitely capable of in this fight. Combine that with his regen, and pretty quickly he will build up an atack able to oneshot Saber several times over, regen or not.

Saber's chivalry does come into play a bit. She's strategic, but she's still honourable. She is only going to do something like with Hercules and Gil if its either not her who's in trouble or she's facing a vastly superior opponent. Against someone like Mel, who is a knight, and fairly honourable himself (he's mischevious. He's not liable to do something she'd consider dishonourable and throw away her own honour to fight him), she'd be wanting to have an honourable fight.

@Monarch Laciel

Saying Medea is just a powerful sorcerer is the same as saying that Holy Knights are just swordsmen with magical powers. Like it or not, Hellblaze is still magic and would still be nullified by Saber's Magic Resistance since it is neither old enough nor powerful enough to break through it. To be frank, the vast majority of the members of the Goddess Clan like Nerobasta aren't that impressive, and Mel's power as one of the Ten Commandments does not apply here since this is his 7-B version.

Meliodas explicitly "lets go of his power" to use Revenge Counter. Therefore he's lowering his defenses.

First, Mel's magic is not fate magic. It does not need to be "from the age of heroes" or whatnot to break through Saber's defenses. Also, resistance is only resistance, not immunity. It will still be able to damage her and slow down her regen, just to a lesser degree than normal.

Using power in Nanatsu no Taizai is basically like tensing up for a fight. He is "letting go of his power" in the sense that he is no longer trying to actively block and resist the attacks. His actual physical durability doesn't change when he releases his magic.

@Monarch Laciel

The term "Magic Resistance" in Fate is actually misleading, since it outright nullifies any magic that does not exceed a certain threshold and reduces the effect of anything that can possibly breach it. Saber has the second-highest rank of Magic Resistance possible, and it has only been overwhelmed by great Noble Phantasms. For reference, Medea is able to kill Berserker once or twice with her spells, but is completely unable to directly attack Saber. Unless Hellblaze's power exceeds a Mountain level attack, then it's not breaching her Magic Resistance.

If he was simply releasing tension, then he would have had to strike that stance before then, nor would he have had to announce it thanks to Gowther's Broadcast. Even if what you say is true, he's still leaving himself almost completely open to damage. Saber doesn't use blunt force like Hendrickson and would go straight for a cutting attack.

@Monarch Laciel

Yes, but Melioda's Hellblaze isn't powerful enough to qualify since it's only 7-B vs Medea's casual 7-A. Medea had a forbidden spell powerful enough breach it, kill Saber, and wipe out Fuyuki City, but Meliodas has no such move.

Speed is equalized. The difference is irrelevant. He is certainly not smarter, but I'm willing to say that he's more experienced.

I feel that the experience difference between the two is a great factor favouriing Melodias as he's probably got an idea on how Saber fights just by basing it out of his past experiences.

Saber has constantly fought the greatest heroes of history, I doubt there is that much of a difference in experience.

Anyways my vote for Saber via precog, invisible air and magic resistance.

I have realized this but if Shirou is indeed her Master for this then wouldn't she actually be able to lose via endurance? Since she's unable to keep up with Berserker due to this hindrance.

Well, Saber not being able to keep up with Berserker is simply a matter of him being faster. She was still able to fight with him for several minutes and let off an excaliblast in the middle of the fight, so I doubt she'll run out of stamina against Mel, at least not before she can fire an excaliblast and vapourise him.

Back