• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hold that thread. Keep it open!

Do not do anything to said thread as there will be a new calc on Saber's Excalibur soon.

While I'm grateful you're willing to calc that again, I don't see a reason for this to remain open. Unless the calc puts her well above his Durability and she can vaporize him in 1 attack, there's no other way for her to win. And she has City level Durability, just saying.

In the case the calc puts her well above him, it turns into a stomp in her favor. Just my two cents.

So Saber is allowed to retreat into Avalon? I thought bloodlusted Saber wouldn't do that?

Well if she is, this can at most be inconclusive for Boros. Since Saber can indeed simply go into Avalon and stay there. There is no time limit to Avalon as far as I know.

I don't think that should be allowed other wise the majority of her battles can be deemed nconlcusive simply by hiding out in avalon, which can only be affected by 6th dimensional attacks.

I actually meant to restrict that but I saw Scarlet using that as a viable option in his vote for Saber and even then, it still seemed like a high diff win for her so I left it like that.

Because I thought her Regenerationn and Avalon shenanigans could help her along with the fact that Excalibur could atomize.

Her Regenerationn doesn't matter at all. One strike from Boros and she gets disassembled. And he can put out strikes repeatedly. I don't know what you mean with Acnologia, but Avalon is useless as well. Yes she may be able to block an attack with it, so what? She can't damage him and she doesn't have the energy to activate it a lot.

I don't know about atomization or whatever, but Boros can regen from being blow into bits. Unless she hits his full body she isn't doing anything to him.

And her precog isn't helping her either. She got wrecked by Berserker in Fate Stay/Night because every strike of his was dragging her like a ragdoll, and he's Mountain level. What do you think is gonna happen with a Small Island level Boros?

Just noticed the replies of the moderators above that say it isn't atomization. I don't know enough to tell the difference but since it's not accepted, it doesn't matter. So much for that as well.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Lol. I knew you would comment on that.
Well if you mention a single thing about a verse i know I am gonna comment thou, this time i commented beacuse auto-corrector is my archenemy. (Yeah,Kagura's sword)

I don't know if this kind of thing is allowed, but can I make it Composite Saber like the one used in the Akame vs Saber thread?

So it'll make Saber's durability Mountain level. And she'll be able to keep up with Boros using Prana Burst like she did against Berserker. I mean, she won't be getting wrecked easily.

Lol this is still going?

@Burning Full Fingers

Won't matter. She is still heavily outclassed in both AP and Durability. As I said above, she got trashed by Berserker and the only reason she was able to damage him is because her Excalibur's AP was higher than Berserker's Durability. This isn't happening here. Her normal strikes won't even scratch Boros.

In the above scenario, there's maybe a 10% chance she can win. But then regen comes into play essentially reducing that to 0%. She doesn't have the AP, Durability, nor the means to kill him under any circumstance.

I was thinking of removing it but Gemmy posted a video (or gif) of Saber vs Berserker and she was trading strikes with him just fine and was even able to knock him to the ground. Since she's City level to his Mountain level and managed to do that well against him, couldn't it be the same here?

Of course, since they're bloodlusted, she would go for Excaliblast off the bat but since it apparently does not atomize, what does it do?

Though I can remove the thread if Prana Burst won't work like it did against Berserker or if Excalibur can't get past Boros' Regenerationn.

@Burning

Well, in the original novel, she was struggling far more. But even then, Assassi managed to repel Berserker off-screen with pure skill and Saber defeated him.

Yep, Berserker was dragging her along with every strike. Every single strike was fatal and she couldn't keep the defense much longer. It was specifically stated that she couldn't defeat him, only prolonging the inevitable.

100-F03-10-106
"Saber's body sinks every time she blocks a blow, and she slowly approaches her final moment." "----But still, where in that small frame does she have all that power?

Saber doesn't retreat. She blocks the surging waves of the giant sword and tries to drive back Berserker with her willpower. There is no chance of victory. The way she's holding her ground looks bizarre, as she should know she will be defeated if she keeps fighting. "

116-F03-10-131
Fresh blood spills out

Only prolonging the inevitable.

I want to just say this but Boros wins because he's fighting with fists that fly way faster than her swings and that he has two fists. Saber only has one sword. Also, do think that Excalibur needs some priming before she can use it, so Boros will try to quickly deal a blow at her if she tries to do it. She'll need to be as far as she can get to be able to just fire Excalibur, and after using it she'll be pretty tired using up her mana for that attack.

^Speed is equalized Lux, so no one is faster than the other.

Looking at the latest inputs, I think Boros wins.

No even then Excalibur is still gonna be a bad move for her, considering that even then the priming for the strike is a very large indicator of her attack and Boros will go in for the strike if she tries. Just saying as people lazily use Excalibur as an excuse for a quick victory and its frankly annoying. Also, lack of Saber having a master really puts her down not being able to do it in the first place, unless she's already supplied the needed mana but after then she's ****** because now she's tired and vulnerable.

^My apologies if I misunderstood. Still, Excalibur doesn't need charging time. She can cast it instantly. That prep time presented in some scenes was just for drama.

About not having a master, I may agree with that part.

We never use Servants without a Master. If we did, we wouldn't use them at all, since they would all be heavily nerfed and most would disappear before the fight properly started. The OP says this is UBW Saber, so she has Rin as her Master.

Back