• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So originally in the first match, Ryuko and Yujiro had an inconclusive as Ryuko wouldn't be able to touch Yujiro due to the skill advantage but Yujiro wouldn't be able to get past her mid-high regeneration but due to other factors like her reactive evolution and disagreements from even Baki supporters, this match should be remade.

Speed equalized

So high 7C Ryuko vs 7C Yujiro

Ryuko Matoi:
th

Yujiro Hanma:
th

Last edited:
Also, I thought Yujiro's skill would allow him to fight against Ryuko since he is one of the most skilled guys on the site right?

Question, but can Ryuko One-Shot or badly injure Yujiro with a her shockwaves?
I don't know much about KlK but from the threads I've seen its likely but at the same time I've read from people who have knowledge on Baki that Yujiro has a technique that nulls shockwaves

this was apparently his reason for being able to get passed shockwaves: Body Control (Can make his body completely limp and flow like a blade of grass in a storm to reduce damage with Xiao Lee)

Insert joke about Ikki here

Yes, Ryuko can indeed oneshot him here.
I thought Yujiro's whole, Information Analysis (Can detect the physical conditions and weaknesses of a person with 100% accuracy by glancing at them), Attack Reflection (Via Aiki), Analytical Prediction (Can predict the entire outcome of a fight just by looking at a fighting stance, blocked an attack he specificaly says he couldn't see, predicts Baki's win over Li Kaioh despite Baki's poisoned state, should have Analytical Prediction superior to the likes of his son that can easily see through the moves of masters of many martial arts), Statistics Amplification (Via Demon Back, Cockroach Tackle, Death Concentration, Sangan, Stomp, and many other moves) and Instinctive Reaction (Instinctively sensed the danger of Kaku's punch and dodged, should be able to replicate the instinctive feats of his son), should help him.

I was just saying that she has a pretty high AP advantage. I'm just saying that Yujiro could still have a chance at beating her assuming he doesn't get hit or atleast tries to mitigate some damage.

Hmmmm... This is a very interesting match, and I have plenty to comment. My conclusion is in the end of this comment, and one thing I should note is that if Yujiro fights out-of-character, he wins this considerably easier.

When comparing the two fighters, it seems that Ryuko should have a massive AP and durability advantage. 8x, as it was stated by people earlier here, and she even has some statistics amplification, becoming stronger the closer she is to death (Which is described as "significant"; I'll consider that as she becoming 50% stronger) and reactive evolution that allows her Kamui to develop more powers the more the fight goes on, and I'll say that, with speed equalized, she is the more agile of the two. However, this isn't as clean-cut as you'd expect. SInce the feat performed by Yujiro, it has been repeatedly stated that he has grown considerably stronger. In fact, in Baki, it's been several years since some of Yujiro's greatest Town-level feats, and it is stated that he improves and gets stronger each day. More than that, Yujiro, when using the Demon Back, can one-hit-kill people who are otherwise mostly unharmed from attacks from his, and tank several attacks that he, in his base form, was very apprehensive to tank (For reference, Yujiro V.S. Kaku Kaioh, arc of the kaiohs). Not only that, but he has several techniques and methods that he uses, even in-character, to considerably reduce pain and the strength of strikes, and also many other techniques that are much stronger than his usual strength that, again, allows him even in base form to wound people that are otherwise almost impervious to his normal attacks. Even Yujiro went out of character, he could use techniques such as the Xiao Lee, that itself allows people to oneshot those that could instakill them otherwise, and become impervious to strikes that would also kill them, and use other styles and techniques that also boost his power. Ryuko's still the stronger one, at least I believe so, but it's not as massive an advantage as previously thought.

Now, skill-wise, I won't even comment. Yujiro outclasses her by a mile. Nothing else to comment. While I very much agree that skill helps more the closer the opponent is to the user's own strength, and less the weaker the user is, Yujiro has the kind of superhuman skill that breaks the bounds of the normal rules. Even if Ryuko was even stronger than the initial supposed margin of 8x, his skill is such that it would still help.

In versatility, there is something interesting. Ryuko has way less versatility and options than Yujiro, the man can incapacitate her in dozens of different ways and has several defensive maneuvers. However, she has two specific capacities that are going to get him in a lot of trouble. Namely, her shockwave creation and regeneration.

To be honest, the regeneration isn't that much of an issue. I do think Yujiro would be surprised enough initially for Ryuko to land a good hit on him, but I don't believe he'd die in that moment, just become much more careful. Perhaps he would notice that right away through instinctive reactions and cellular analysis. That being said, once he knows about it, he can do several things, such as using some inhuman grappling moves, the Benda (incapacitating her through sheer pain; yes, I know she resists pain, but Benda causes so much agonizing pain that even people who can shrug off immense amounts of physical pain with no reaction at all get practically manic and utterly incapable of fighting for several seconds, if not minutes), and some others. He'd also notice her cutting weakness, and really, considering the plethora of "cutting" techniques within Baki, I do not doubt he could do so with utmost skill to cut even more precisely than a scissor.

The shockwaves are a different beast. If Yujiro saw as absolutely necessary, he could use techniques such as the Xiao Lee to combat that, becoming very flexible as to allow the shockwave to pass by him with minimal damage, or to even go with the flow and be launched backwards with it. I do think he could also tank them and merely reduce their impact as much as he could, but it'd be certainly bad for him.

In short, I think Yujiro should win with medium to mid-high difficulty, for the reasons specified above. The thing about Yujiro is that despite him knowing most techniques in Baki universe, at least those that were shown, his method of fighting, when he's serious (Which he would be as he would notice Ryuko's strength right away), is to use "absolute violence"; he uses only the simplest fighting basics (Concepts rather than techniques, like mobility, how to throw punches, dodge, etc.) and uses carefully applied brute force, using the most strength and power he can without sacrificing technique or anything, also applying some of his other powers and using the occasional technique, but mostly relying on himself. If he really went out of character, he'd have this significantly easier. Still not easy, but a lot easier than with his usual methods.

When comparing the two fighters, it seems that Ryuko should have a massive AP and durability advantage. 8x, as it was stated by people earlier here, and she even has some statistics amplification, becoming stronger the closer she is to death (Which is described as "significant"; I'll consider that as she becoming 50% stronger)
Each boost she gets allows her to oneshot her previous level of strength. Ryuko also has passive boosts that make her stronger the more fired up she gets in a fight.
SInce the feat performed by Yujiro, it has been repeatedly stated that he has grown considerably stronger. In fact, in Baki, it's been several years since some of Yujiro's greatest Town-level feats, and it is stated that he improves and gets stronger each day.
Ryuko is considerably above the feat she performed as well as the feat in question was done literally just by her willpower clashing with Satsuki, after which she went on to absorb the life fibers of the Elite Four which made her immensely stronger each time.
More than that, Yujiro, when using the Demon Back, can one-hit-kill people who are otherwise mostly unharmed from attacks from his, and tank several attacks that he, in his base form, was very apprehensive to tank (For reference, Yujiro V.S. Kaku Kaioh, arc of the kaiohs).
Ryuko's sword is 6-A
Not only that, but he has several techniques and methods that he uses, even in-character, to considerably reduce pain and the strength of strikes, and also many other techniques that are much stronger than his usual strength that, again, allows him even in base form to wound people that are otherwise almost impervious to his normal attacks. Even Yujiro went out of character, he could use techniques such as the Xiao Lee, that itself allows people to oneshot those that could instakill them otherwise, and become impervious to strikes that would also kill them, and use other styles and techniques that also boost his power.
None of the techniquess he has would allow him to do any lasing damage to Ryuko and would just make her stronger and more durable in the long run due to her zenkai
In versatility, there is something interesting. Ryuko has way less versatility and options than Yujiro, the man can incapacitate her in dozens of different ways.
What ways exactly are you referring to?
To be honest, the regeneration isn't that much of an issue. I do think Yujiro would be surprised enough initially for Ryuko to land a good hit on him, but I don't believe he'd die in that moment, just become much more careful. Perhaps he would notice that right away through instinctive reactions and cellular analysis.
Ryuko has feats of bypassing instinctive reactions and her cells arent fully human so thats not likely to work too well
That being said, once he knows about it, he can do several things, such as using some inhuman grappling moves
Class M vs Class 100, grappling moves wont work here, plus Ryuko's absurd body heat would burn the hell out of him and she can cover herself in buzzsaws to shred him if he tries that
the Benda (incapacitating her through sheer pain; yes, I know she resists pain, but Benda causes so much agonizing pain that even people who can shrug off immense amounts of physical pain with no reaction at all get practically manic and utterly incapable of fighting for several seconds, if not minutes),
This would now be the third time, It was already agreed in the last thread that Benda wouldnt do anything to Ryuko as her resistance to pain is far beyond anything that anyone in Baki has experienced or shown to resist.
and some others. He'd also notice her cutting weakness, and really, considering the plethora of "cutting" techniques within Baki, I do not doubt he could do so with utmost skill to cut even more precisely than a scissor.
...How? Like you say that but how would he notice it? It took a supergenius with absurd information analysis powers and access to the best analytical equipment on the planet months of constant study to determine the cutting weakness of ryuko's Life Fibers so youre going to need hella good reasoning to be able to explain how he would notice her regen weakness. And how would he cut someone who is not only 8x more durable but has forcefields?
The shockwaves are a different beast. If Yujiro saw as absolutely necessary, he could use techniques such as the Xiao Lee to combat that, becoming very flexible as to allow the shockwave to pass by him with minimal damage, or to even go with the flow and be launched backwards with it. I do think he could also tank them and merely reduce their impact as much as he could, but it'd be certainly bad for him.
The shockwaves are multi-kilometer explosive AoE attacks, he would not be able to just flow around them as there is nothing to flow around.

In short the vast majority of this argument relies heavily on assumptions and ignores a lot of Ryuko's powerset in favor of 'Yujiro wins because skill' when Ryuko's physiology and overall higher stats hard counters the majority of Yujiro's powers and skills.

Each boost she gets allows her to oneshot her previous level of strength. Ryuko also has passive boosts that make her stronger the more fired up she gets in a fight.
Fair, I didn't know that. The way the profile worded it seemed like a relatively small buff.

Ryuko is considerably above the feat she performed as well as the feat in question was done literally just by her willpower clashing with Satsuki, after which she went on to absorb the life fibers of the Elite Four which made her immensely stronger each time.
That I knew, I assumed we were taking her lowest degree of High 7-C. Otherwise, the difference gets too large; an improved Yujiro with several things that allows him to one-shot previous stages of his is what's needed to barely keep up, and still with a disadvantage imo, to a Ryuko whose power was already 8x his.

Ryuko's sword is 6-A
Okay, point made. I thought the sword's 6-A key was based around some sort of special state, because otherwise I really couldn't see any way to Yujiro tank it.

None of the techniquess he has would allow him to do any lasing damage to Ryuko and would just make her stronger and more durable in the long run due to her zenkai
Yes, I agree that the damage wouldn't last because she has high regeneration. Besides, Yujiro would notice very quickly how her body evolves when close to death, and could adapt to using more submission-based techniques.

Ryuko has feats of bypassing instinctive reactions and her cells arent fully human so thats not likely to work too well
Such as? And Yujiro's weakness-detecting is by him being able to see one's cellular structure, but also appraising their fighting abilities and methods.

Class M vs Class 100, grappling moves wont work here, plus Ryuko's absurd body heat would burn the hell out of him and she can cover herself in buzzsaws to shred him if he tries that
Techniques such as aiki, via redirecting the energy, could make them work. The buzzsaws however is a fair point.
This would now be the third time, It was already agreed in the last thread that Benda wouldnt do anything to Ryuko as her resistance to pain is far beyond anything that anyone in Baki has experienced or shown to resist.
Sorry, I didn't see the last thread. Is it possible to summarise what pain resisting feats does she, or people she can scale to, have?

...How? Like you say that but how would he notice it? It took a supergenius with absurd information analysis powers and access to the best analytical equipment on the planet months of constant study to determine the cutting weakness of ryuko's Life Fibers so youre going to need hella good reasoning to be able to explain how he would notice her regen weakness. And how would he cut someone who is not only 8x more durable but has forcefields?
I stand corrected.

The shockwaves are multi-kilometer explosive AoE attacks, he would not be able to just flow around them as there is nothing to flow around.
Not around, but letting most of the energy go "through" him by being completely flexible.

In short the vast majority of this argument relies heavily on assumptions and ignores a lot of Ryuko's powerset in favor of 'Yujiro wins because skill' when Ryuko's physiology and overall higher stats hard counters the majority of Yujiro's powers and skills.
My apologies. I did assume many things because I didn't know the universe and had only the profile to go by, and the information there wasn't as detailed as those in this argument.

I change my vote to Ryuko, with minimal difficulties. In fact, it gets stomp-ish depending on how powerful she really is.

Back