• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm... this is going to be a tough one. Although Twilight possesses huge amounts of versatility... but Ryuko's Regenerationn is going to be an issue.

Twilight should be able to encase her in Dark Crystal and shatter it, or she could Transmute Ryuko.

Ryuko has resistance to Mind Control, but does that include Hypnosis?

I'll give it to Twilight via Versatility, after a very hard fight (due to Regen)

This is quite a funny fight.

Twilight Sparkle might get a win due having a lot of magic spells that are very useful (transmutation, teleportation and stuff), and since speed is equalized... Ryuko has close to no counter against that kind of hax; Ryuko is physically stronger tho and her regen should keep her going for a while until Twilight goes full "wizard" on her

697086 said:
This is quite a funny fight.
Twilight Sparkle might get a win due having a lot of magic spells that are very useful (transmutation, teleportation and stuff), and since speed is equalized... Ryuko has close to no counter against that kind of hax; Ryuko is physically stronger tho and her regen should keep her going for a while until Twilight goes full "wizard" on her
serios vs funny

part of my anime vs cartoon tournament

Don't know much about mlg so heres the important thing I need to know: what is her normal strategy when fighting someone given that she has no idea who ryuko is or what kind of powers and stats she has? I'm betting it's not to transmute them or mind control them, but again I don't watch the show so I wouldn't know.

We first need to determinate what the first few seconds of the fight between them will look like while in character. Ryuko will just charge in with her scisser sword and start swinging, but how does twilight open up a fight?

A Sword Dancer said:
We first need to determinate what the first few seconds of the fight between them will look like while in character. Ryuko will just charge in with her scisser sword and start swinging, but how does twilight open up a fight?
Casual teleportation and barriers that are 7-B+ will ensure that Twilight lives long enough to consider using other methods of fighting.

Also, please link the profiles in the OP of verse threads and save everyone some time, clicking the topics on the bottom just oepns up a search for related forum threads it doesn't link to the profile.

Here is a good idea of Twilight fighting, especially in a "Kill" mindset like the fight suggests. Those beams are much larger than Ryuko is, i don't even think there will be anything left for her to regenerate.

Originally, I was gonna say that Ryuko's regen gives her the win, but, hmm... I'm not even sure that hypnosis would let TS put down Ryuko or give the one month BFR due to again, regen, but transmutation would definitely work. However, the only, and I mean only MLP episode I've ever seen, the only time she fought was charging at I think her name was Princess Luna.

TL;DR: If TS starts with transmutation, then she wins.

A speed equalized match where one is melee and one is ranged and can teleport seems kind of like a bullshit mismatch tbh. It's just inside what might count as stompish because ryuko should be able to kill TS if she can get in range long enough to land a few hits and ryuko should be able to tank, dodge, or regen TS's beam attacks forcing her to resort to other hax to get a killing blow in, but realistically ryuko is just going to get kited around by teleporting.

Well yeah, that doesn't make speed equalized enough to create a fair fight. TS should be against someone who has comparable range and whatnot and ryuko should be against someone else who, even if not melee like her, at least can't casually teleport away and beam spam forever.

Eh... i disagree.

Twilight has 0 chance of surviving in CQC with Ryuko. Ryuko can still tank attacks and Air Slash, especially since Twilight has no idea the Regenerationn of the enemy she's fighting.

Twilight has the same city level attack power and durability that ryuko has, though she doesn't have a quantified melee striking strength, so she can easily survive a couple of hits even without the '7b barriers' you mentioned. More than enough time to teleport to range and start beam spamming again.

The difference is that Ryuko uses a blade. Even if she "survives" a strike from Ryuko, it's still going to massively impact her combat performance. Magic doesn't work in MLP if you're unfocused, and pain will cause you to become unfocused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back