• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryuko matoi vs Tomura Shigraki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, apologies for forgetting this thread existed, i shut off notifications for a while.

Given I'm still allowed to argue beyond grace, may I ask when Ryuko displayed the level of skill being claimed? Is this the fight with Inumuta?

I mean it would more be a combination of pretty much all her fights. Though the Nonon one would probably be the more important one. It shows that Ryuko can dodge an ungodly amount of danmaku with very little difficulty. The only time she gets hit is by the AoE attacks and that’s when she’s point blank next to Nonon.

Meanwhile Shigraki doesn’t have the ap to do much here so his only useful power is decay (well and the regeneration, but I mean offensively), which requires touching the opponent. Two hands vs a complete Hellstorm of projectiles, it very clear what would be cartoonishly harder to dodge yet Ryuko consistently dodged Nonon’s attacks.

I don’t think it is reasonable to say that someone who can only attack from two very close together directions would be able to hit someone who consistently dodged attacks coming from hundreds of different directions with a magnitude of different types of attacks.

I mean it would more be a combination of pretty much all her fights. Though the Nonon one would probably be the more important one. It shows that Ryuko can dodge an ungodly amount of danmaku with very little difficulty. The only time she gets hit is by the AoE attacks and that’s when she’s point blank next to Nonon.

Meanwhile Shigraki doesn’t have the ap to do much here so his only useful power is decay (well and the regeneration, but I mean offensively), which requires touching the opponent. Two hands vs a complete Hellstorm of projectiles, it very clear what would be cartoonishly harder to dodge yet Ryuko consistently dodged Nonon’s attacks.

I don’t think it is reasonable to say that someone who can only attack from two very close together directions would be able to hit someone who consistently dodged attacks coming from hundreds of different directions with a magnitude of different types of attacks.
So it depends solely on her dodging? The issue here is with speed equal, Shigaraki can see all of her movements, and is capable of predicting movements to an extent as shown in all of his battles.

It's a sharp contrast to say "she can dodge all these attacks so there's no way he can hit her" when the argument is "he waits for her to hit him and just touches the sword and limb." That's also not factoring in Search letting him know her weakspots and position at all times so he can just react better.

She has no frame of reference for his ability other than the initial decay nuke, so being able to avoid him reacting to her attacks to touch her once, while he has information on her position and weak points, while trying to get through his regen, while not fully knowing what his abilities are, sounds unlikely to me.

Also, let's not forget the incredibly large elephant in the room that is AFO, who is more skilled and intelligent than Ryuko and Shigaraki combined, taking over Shiggy's body if he gets pushed hard enough. AFO could predict blitzing attacks from 100% Deku to touch him with absolute ease while his body was still practically charred to nothing, and has literal centuries of combat experience that trumps Ryuko horrendously. If AFO comes out, which he will, he one taps Ryuko.

I mean, with her dodging skill and her experience against people with better information analysis, she should be able to dodge. I said every fight, not just Nonon. Nonon is the just the biggest example of her being nigh impossible to hit.

I’m 99% sure AFO possessing Shigraki would both be: outside help which isn’t allowed, and saying he is more skilled does seem to line up. I suck at explaining skill feats so for a better explanation someone else should probably explain Ryuko’s skill, but when it comes to AFO last I checked he was more the type to overwhelm you with sheer power then to out skill you.

Going for Decay the way Shigraki does would make it super obvious to practically anyone that they need to avoid being touched by him. If he does anything other than a punch then it’s going to stand out (because why would an opponent go for a grab at the start of a match) and if goes for a punch Ryuko will notice and dodge. She doesn’t need to know about the decay, she’ll avoid him regardless. Especially since she doesn’t have her sword in this match.

I mean, with her dodging skill and her experience against people with better information analysis, she should be able to dodge. I said every fight, not just Nonon. Nonon is the just the biggest example of her being nigh impossible to hit.

I’m 99% sure AFO possessing Shigraki would both be: outside help which isn’t allowed, and saying he is more skilled does seem to line up. I sick at explaining skill feats so for a better explanation someone else should probably explain it, but when it comes to AFO last I checked he was more the type to overwhelm you with sheer power then to put skill you.
I mean, but she never did anything against those people with information analysis to my knowledge? Against Inumuta, who I think you're referring to, she just pushed her limits to go faster, it wasn't a skill thing. If anything she abandoned skill to go faster, and then it didn't work anyway cause he used camouflage. And the Nonon example is fine for showing she's hard to hit, but its not fine for Shigaraki just waiting for her to hit him.

Shigaraki is a reactive fighter, not proactive. He waits and baits in order to do insta kills or counter most of the time. So combined with Search, just managing to touch Ryuko, who doesn't know any of his powers outside of the initial decay nuke, which kinda only tells her "he crumbles things," shouldn't be far fetched at all since he wants her to attack him.

No, it wouldn't be? The AFO inside Shigaraki is the quirk factor/vestige itself, not the guy. And AFO just has to touch her, which with his intelligence and predictive abilities, would be child's play, considering he did the same against rage amped 100% Deku who is over 5x Shigaraki's body in speed.

AFO has predictive abilities, as you stated, so Deku’s speed is practically irrelevant. It’s whether he could counter that in some way and in that instance Deku failed to do so.

Speed is equalized but last I checked the faster opponents can still use their speed amps (only the slower opponent can’t because it would make zero sense to say the slower opponent wins via speed). So Ryuko gets to amp her speed.

Once again I’m pretty bad at explaining skill feats, so not touching that I’ll just talk about her dodging skill.

She has to dodge only a single attack and that attack will be slower than her. Shigraki does have predictions so it would seem this would be the same case as when he fought Deku, but Deku lacks two things Ryuko has.

Ryuko has flight and she has immensely better acrobatics.

Ryuko can still see what Shigraki is doing, he literally only has one move here that works and it’s literally the worst move to have in a fight (he has a grapple and that’s it). She sees that he can just obliterate a city by touching it (SBA has the opponents be able to see each other at the start of the fight) so she’ll know to avoid his grab before she even gets to him.

Going for Decay the way Shigraki does would make it super obvious to practically anyone that they need to avoid being touched by him. If he does anything other than a punch then it’s going to stand out (because why would an opponent go for a grab at the start of a match) and if goes for a punch Ryuko will notice and dodge. She doesn’t need to know about the decay, she’ll avoid him regardless. Especially since she doesn’t have her sword in this match.
Why doesn't she have her sword? Isn't she just flat out screwed then? She can't beat down his regeneration at all, she's not strong enough.

Also, he doesn't have to go for a punch, IDK where you're getting that from? He'd just do what he did vs Aizawa, Redestro the PLF foot soldiers and everyone else he's fought:

Wait for them to hit him. When they hit him, or are going to hit him, decay the part that has hit him, because they're point blank and he has to make less of a movement than they do.

Also, she's going to realize quickly that he has Air Cannon and can range spam. So staying at range and having him avoid all her attacks while he fires back with his own is going to be pointless for Ryuko.
AFO has predictive abilities, as you stated, so Deku’s speed is practically irrelevant. It’s whether he could counter that in some way and in that instance Deku failed to do so.

Speed is equalized but last I checked the faster opponents can still use their speed amps (only the slower opponent can’t because it would make zero sense to say the slower opponent wins via speed). So Ryuko gets to amp her speed.

Once again I’m pretty bad at explaining skill feats, so not touching that I’ll just talk about her dodging skill.

She has to dodge only a single attack and that attack will be slower than her. Shigraki does have predictions so it would seem this would be the same case as when he fought Deku, but Deku lacks two things Ryuko has.

Ryuko has flight and she has immensely better acrobatics.

Ryuko can still see what Shigraki is doing, he literally only has one move here that works and it’s literally the worst move to have in a fight (he has a grapple and that’s it). She sees that he can just obliterate a city by touching it (SBA has the opponents be able to see each other at the start of the fight) and sees him try to grab her and literally anyone of average or above intelligence can put two and two together and know to avoid being grabbed.
Deku failed because of his rage state and no Danger Sense, but AFO catching him and making his speed irrelevant in that instant is still a feat that matters for his predicitive abilities.

I know she can still speed amp. Shigaraki can too by going to his limits, and he can keep up with faster opponents anyway by predicting them.

Deku has both of the things you listed and was faster than Shigaraki and was far stronger than his durability, unlike Ryuko.

You keep bringing up that he only has "one move" but you never say why she can avoid it other than she just will? If he just waits for her to get close and lets her hit him, what does she do to not die?

If she stays at range and never approaches, this fight is just an incon because neither is going to kill the other.

If she comes close, she has to understand not only his ability but his fighting style as well and NOT get touched when she attempts any kind of close quarters combat. Against someone that can see her weak points and location at all times. And can predict movements.

Her best bet would be speed amping, but even then, he either predicts her sword swings to decay the sword, or Shigaraki would speed amp in return, or AFO would eventually come out and she gets snatched out of the air.

She has a forcefield and can make shockwaves via willpower, she has two options other then dodgeing to avoid getting turned to dust

Haven’t read the full post yet, but when it comes to ap. She’s comparable to Deku who was easily beating Shigraki down, so she absolutely has the ap to get past his regeneration eventually. If she has the sword this is a stomp because she wears down his regeneration almost immediately because she can slice people of comparable speed to thousands of pieces before they can do anything. Her sword is 6-A while Ryuko already has a massive ap advantage. She’s going to slice him to ribbons dozens of times over, practically immediately, and his regeneration would immediately give out.

“Shigaraki would speed amp”

As I said earlier Shigraki can’t speed amp here. Slower opponents aren’t allowed to use speed amps in speed equalized fights. The reason faster characters can is because outside of speed equalization they are the faster opponent and thus winning through speed is fine. However slower opponents can’t use their speeds amps because that would mean a subsonic character can beat a massively Hypersonic character because of a speed advantage (makes zero sense).

Ryuko using speed advantage and immense dodging skills should allow her to overcome the predictions (though the only reason I’m not using Inumuta is because I haven’t watch the fight in a while. I’m pretty sure it should still be somewhat usable here to say Ryuko could also use her experience with that combined with her flight and dodging skill to avoid Shigraki).

Haven’t read the full post yet, but when it comes to ap. She’s comparable to Deku who was easily beating Shigraki down, so she absolutely has the ap to get past his regeneration eventually. If she has the sword this is a stomp because she wears down his regeneration almost immediately because she can slice people of comparable speed to thousands of pieces before they can do anything. Her sword is 6-A while Ryuko already has a massive ap advantage. She’s going to slice him to ribbons dozens of times over, practically immediately, and his regeneration would immediately give out.
No, she is not as strong as Deku, who is >>>his old 100% which is > the 7-A feat, which is over 2x Ryuko's feat.

I already said that's not how his regeneration works, but sure I guess.
“Shigaraki would speed amp”

As I said earlier Shigraki can’t speed amp here. Slower opponents aren’t allowed to use speed amps in speed equalized fights. The reason faster characters can is because outside of speed equalization they are the faster opponent and thus winning through speed is fine. However slower opponents can’t use there speeds amps because that would mean a subsonic character can beat a massively Hypersonic character because of a speed advantage (makes zero sense)
That is not the rule, friend. The rule is that the slower character isn't allowed to win via imposing a disadvantage on the faster character due to speed. Which wouldn't happen, as his own speed amp would be in response to Ryuko's speed amp and it would just be even.

Also, you ignored AFO coming out and just predicting her anyway. IDK how that was the only thing you took away from all of what I said.

I edited my last comment.

When it comes to speed amps, I’ve always heard it as the slower character can’t use speed amps in general. It makes no sense to say Shigraki can win because he can keep up with Ryuko despite him being over a hundred times slower outside of speed equalization. His speed amp would make him win, meaning he’s winning from an advantage he shouldn’t have.

I edited my last comment.

When it comes to speed amps, I’ve always heard it as the slower character can’t use speed amps in general. It makes no sense to say Shigraki can win because he can keep up with Ryuko despite him being over a hundred times slower outside of speed equalization. His speed amp would make him win, meaning he’s winning from an advantage he shouldn’t have.
The rule in question:
  • Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles.
    • As a result, winning a speed equalized match against a faster opponent due to a speed boost so large that it blitzes the opponent will not be added.
    • Matches in which characters with Immeasurable speed lose against not-immeasurable passive abilities would likewise not be added, as the Immeasurable characters would normally be faster than the instantaneous passives.
    • While time stop, which could be viewed as an infinite speed amplification, is assumed to work even on characters that would usually bypass it via speed, those matches can likewise not be added
Shigaraki speed amping in response to Ryuko speed amping is not under any of these categories that would make the match invalid. Also, you're just arguing the match is invalid now, not that either side wins.

Also: AFO. Predicts her. Doesn't need a speed amp.

It falls clearly under rule 1. He wins the match because he keep up with a speed advantage he shouldn’t be able to keep up with. He grabs someone faster than himself due to an amp that would do literally nothing outside of speed equalization. I’ve seen this exact scenario in different threads and the slower opponent wasn’t allowed their speed amp. If I should make a thread over this I will.

When it comes to the predictions it’s just going to go in circles. Either people think Ryuko’s speed advantage combined with her immense dodging skill should allow her to overcome the predictions or people think they shouldn’t.

I personally think since AFO will have the same crappy attack Shigraki has (a grab and nothing else) vs Ryuko being able to dodge hundreds of attacks that vary and come from a magnitude of different directions. Along with being able to blow Shigraki away with her willpower. I think she should be able to overcome the predictions. But that’s up to peoples personal preference.

(Referring to the brb) I need to check on my mom. So you needing to go is convenient for me. Hope you have a good time.

It falls clearly under rule 1. He wins the match because he keep up with a speed advantage he shouldn’t be able to keep up with. He grabs someone faster than himself due to an amp that would do literally nothing outside of speed equalization. I’ve seen this exact scenario in different threads and the slower opponent wasn’t allowed their speed amp. If I should make a thread over this I will.

When it comes to the predictions it’s just going to go in circles. Either people think Ryuko’s speed advantage combined with her immense dodging skill should allow her to overcome the predictions or people think they shouldn’t.

I personally think since AFO will have the same crappy attack Shigraki has (a grab and nothing else) vs Ryuko being able to dodge hundreds of attacks that vary and come from a magnitude of different directions. Along with being able to blow Shigraki away with her willpower. I think she should be able to overcome the predictions. But that’s up to peoples personal preference.

(Referring to the brb) I need to check on my mom. So you needing to go is convenient for me. Hope you have a good time.
Got out early.

Except the rule clearly defines it being a blitz? So I don't understand how no slower character is ever allowed to speed amp in a fight by this interpretation. It doesn't result in a blitz, and the advantage is literally just him being faster relative to her own speed amp.

But sure, lets say the speed amp isn't allowed or that it causes the match to be invalid. Lets go over AFO.

If the only thing going for Ryuko is her speed advantage, it doesn't matter, because AFO predicted a rage amped over 5x faster character by grabbing his face and dodging his punch. So unless Ryuko gets confirmed 5x faster from her amps, she loses inevitably when AFO comes out.

You're arguing that Ryuko's win condition is beating Shigaraki up a lot until his regen runs out, despite her AP being no where near enough to put his regeneration in a critical state, which even then he could regenerate his entire body from near cremation. So you argue that she just fights him for days/weeks and never gets touched the whole time cause speed amp.

Do you think, in the incredibly long time it would take for Ryuko to get his regeneration to a point it even remotely slows down, that Shigaraki and AFO wouldn't analyze her fight patterns and inevitably touch her? Especially when they have Search and her feats against analytical characters are "lol just use their weakness/outspeed them"? Her skill isn't even factored into her winning here other than "she can dodge danmaku at point blank," which doesn't matter when Shigaraki doesn't use Danmaku and is just waiting to touch her slightly while she's attacking. It's not the same as "she dodged a lot of things so she can dodge one thing," he's actively just waiting, everytime she comes near him, to touch her or her outfit, while knowing her position at all times and having the pain tolerance to literally ignore her punches.

Also, can we discuss the battlefield? The entire floor is a death zone so Ryuko has to fly the whole time. Shigaraki just stands on the ground and waits for her to approach. So she's going to be trying to do fly by hits on him, for innumerable hours, while under the premise that if she touches anything she dies.

By the way, did everyone here forget Shigaraki likely has Impact Recoil? And can just reflect her punches back at her when they land?

Forget her pushing AFO to come out and one shot her with Decay, Ryuko even reaching the point where his regen gives out is in doubt when he has so many tools to just catch her or minimize the damage coming at him so his regen just isn't taxed, on top of her AP advantage being not even 1.5x his durability.

Tbh although I won't blame the OP, I think that if the match was brought to the attention of more MHA supporters than we would have had a more fair debate since only King could accurately argue for Shigaraki and King couldn't even give out their arguments before Ryuko won from an FRA train.

I'll link the post on the main MHA discussion so that Shigaraki can be debated properly.

By properly I mean as in not having just one guy argue while having time constraint and others to back them up the same way Spin and Keeweed did for Ryuko

"If the only thing going for Ryuko is her speed advantage, it doesn't matter, because AFO predicted a rage amped over 5x faster character by grabbing his face and dodging his punch. So unless Ryuko gets confirmed 5x faster from her amps, she loses inevitably when AFO comes out.

Do you think, in the incredibly long time it would take for Ryuko to get his regeneration to a point it even remotely slows down, that Shigaraki and AFO wouldn't analyze her fight patterns and inevitably touch her? Especially when they have Search and her feats against analytical characters are "lol just use their weakness/outspeed them"?"

Ryuko can bypass the predictive ability of people like Sanageyama (who can accurately comprehend his opponent's fighting style and every move they could possibly make just by observing the minute involuntary muscle twitches their body makes and who has total spatial awarenss up to hundreds of kilometers), Inumuta (whose analytical skill allows him to perfectly analyze very aspect of his opponent down to their molecular composition and allows him to identify weak spots that let him oneshot opponents exponentially stronger than himself), and Nui (who can accurately identify a opponent's weak spot with a sideways glance even when that weak spot is a single piece of thread covered by multiple layers of armor and who can accurately and instantly determine the location of an opponent who is simultaneously using both afterimages and invisibility to hide on the battlefield)

"Her skill isn't even factored into her winning here other than "she can dodge danmaku at point blank," which doesn't matter when Shigaraki doesn't use Danmaku and is just waiting to touch her slightly while she's attacking. It's not the same as "she dodged a lot of things so she can dodge one thing," he's actively just waiting, everytime she comes near him, to touch her or her outfit, while knowing her position at all times and having the pain tolerance to literally ignore her punches."

Its entirely in character for Ryuko to use hundreds of afterimages against her opponents to keep them off balance and she can even use solid afterimages to trick opponents into thinking theyve hit her (Such as the fight with Nui on the Naked Sol and Nui's trick against Uzu)

"Also, can we discuss the battlefield? The entire floor is a death zone so Ryuko has to fly the whole time. Shigaraki just stands on the ground and waits for her to approach. So she's going to be trying to do fly by hits on him, for innumerable hours, while under the premise that if she touches anything she dies."

She doesnt really need to approach, she has quite a few ranged options at her disposal

"If the only thing going for Ryuko is her speed advantage, it doesn't matter, because AFO predicted a rage amped over 5x faster character by grabbing his face and dodging his punch. So unless Ryuko gets confirmed 5x faster from her amps, she loses inevitably when AFO comes out.

Do you think, in the incredibly long time it would take for Ryuko to get his regeneration to a point it even remotely slows down, that Shigaraki and AFO wouldn't analyze her fight patterns and inevitably touch her? Especially when they have Search and her feats against analytical characters are "lol just use their weakness/outspeed them"?"

Ryuko can bypass the predictive ability of people like Sanageyama (who can accurately comprehend his opponent's fighting style and every move they could possibly make just by observing the minute involuntary muscle twitches their body makes and who has total spatial awarenss up to hundreds of kilometers), Inumuta (whose analytical skill allows him to perfectly analyze very aspect of his opponent down to their molecular composition and allows him to identify weak spots that let him oneshot opponents exponentially stronger than himself), and Nui (who can accurately identify a opponent's weak spot with a sideways glance even when that weak spot is a single piece of thread covered by multiple layers of armor and who can accurately and instantly determine the location of an opponent who is simultaneously using both afterimages and invisibility to hide on the battlefield)

"Her skill isn't even factored into her winning here other than "she can dodge danmaku at point blank," which doesn't matter when Shigaraki doesn't use Danmaku and is just waiting to touch her slightly while she's attacking. It's not the same as "she dodged a lot of things so she can dodge one thing," he's actively just waiting, everytime she comes near him, to touch her or her outfit, while knowing her position at all times and having the pain tolerance to literally ignore her punches."

Its entirely in character for Ryuko to use hundreds of afterimages against her opponents to keep them off balance and she can even use solid afterimages to trick opponents into thinking theyve hit her (Such as the fight with Nui on the Naked Sol and Nui's trick against Uzu)

"Also, can we discuss the battlefield? The entire floor is a death zone so Ryuko has to fly the whole time. Shigaraki just stands on the ground and waits for her to approach. So she's going to be trying to do fly by hits on him, for innumerable hours, while under the premise that if she touches anything she dies."

She doesnt really need to approach, she has quite a few ranged options at her disposal
Give me examples of how she got past Sanageyama, Inumuta and Nui.

From what I remember: Sanageyama had a weakness and was cocky, so he lost. When he came back he beat the absolute shit out of Ryuko. So that doesn't matter.

Inumuta was dealt with by her trying to outspeed him, which he just went invisible for and doesn't matter here.

Only one idk is Nui, so drop that please.

Afterimages get seen through by Search which only tracks living beings.

Her ranged options suck and don't get past his regen
Also she has her blade with her
He/AFO decays the sword when she comes close unless she has an epiphany that he will target the sword.

Also Impact Recoil probably works on it.

I haven’t read some of the replies yet, but I’m just here to say I have work today and a test tomorrow, so I probably won’t be able to comment here properly for a while. Also after looking over some of Ryuko’s other thread she definitely has very good skill feats, but I’m terrible at explaining them so I may get someone who is more knowledgeable on Kill la Kill to explain them (because it’s been a while since I’ve watched the show).

Last I check Shigraki’s regen isn’t combat applicable/can be easily defeated by just being repeatedly hit. However Ryuko’s regeneration isn’t going to help at all, she turns to dust upon Shigraki touching her. I’ve heard she can defeat people with such good precog and information analysis that they know everything that will happen around them for years in advance yet they can’t keep up with Ryuko at all (though him losing in anyway that revolves around skill seems like a massive outlier to me, especially since Ryuko’s hotheadedness).

I’ll vote Ryuko for now, she just hits him a few times and he dies, his regeneration is crap last I’ve heard.
Whoever told you Ryuko can bypass precognition that views years into the future is ******* lying to you, she's never done that. And I don't recall her bypassing Information Analysis either.

Whoever told you Ryuko can bypass precognition that views years into the future is ******* lying to you, she's never done that. And I don't recall her bypassing Information Analysis either.
From now on I'm not taking statements from users without scans on any thread anymore, everyone keeps on ******* lying man

From now on I'm not taking statements from users without scans on any thread anymore, everyone keeps on ******* lying man
Good idea, always be reasonably skeptical and always ask for scans.

Ryuko has never bypassed precognition that looks years into the future.

"Ryuko has never bypassed precognition that looks years into the future."

Sanageyama's precogs doesn't do that anyways so I'm not sure why that is even being brought up

"Ryuko has never bypassed precognition that looks years into the future."

Sanageyama's precogs doesn't do that anyways so I'm not sure why that is even being brought up
I’ve heard she can defeat people with such good precog and information analysis that they know everything that will happen around them for years in advance yet they can’t keep up with Ryuko at all

Should this match be remade, I feel like Kingofwolves could have made some more arguments regardless of whether Shigaraki would win or not but was cut off by a FRA train. Plus we have people saying Ryuko > years into future sight and everyone is just rolling with it without asking for scans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back